Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317823 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Nobody got hurt. Waitlisters disappointed.
« Reply #2025 on: February 21, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

Tomcost, earlier you mentioned that there were ways to get souls other than by killing players or bosses. Do the cleaning machines (like the guy that fixed the statue or the reaper) give souls when defeated/destroyed?

Finally, we get someone who paid enough attention. Yes, that was the way. Of course, that would mean that you had to find a way to make them come out and face you.

Although, I don't call those ones you mentioned "Cleaning machines", that would rather fit the the geometrical figures that have more specific functions.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 22, 2015, 06:48:21 am »

Do the things in my PM
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 23, 2015, 08:05:13 am »

Oh pool, I said dumb thing.

MOAR TESTIIIIIIEEN

(EDIT: Tried to say "oh poop", said "oh pool". Leaving as is, as is amusingly appropriate typo for this game)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 24, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »

PM
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Never give up. It usually means death here.
« Reply #2030 on: February 25, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »

Turn 102

To a different room!

Focus Pot.

The biometal lizard is not really sure where to go, so he arrives to the Greenhouse Room. There, he finds that there is a nice statue over the pool of water, that's nice. There is also a starfish-headed guy nearby. Anyway, he has to focus his magic mojo:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Time is running out.

Time for another attempt at getting yourself a weapon:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick line appears, and begins to draw an elongated object. Anybody would think of it as a spear, but what it truly is, judging by the handle, is a rapier. With a flash of light, it materializes into some kind of green ooze-dripping biometal. It is completely black, with a sharp tip, but small drops of that ectoplasm thing come out from nowhere, only to evaporate into screaming and elongated faces shortly after appearing.

You try to touch it, but you realize that it will probably try to suck your soul away upon trying.

Quote from: EP
PM

The Flimsy Wizard keeps trying to do stuff to fix himself:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick, golden line appears and draws a big human head. With a flash of light, it materializes into biometal. Of course, this means that hair is actually made of cables, and that the genderless face looks excessively stylized to the point it looks malnourished.

And that's it. What could someone do with a biometal head?

Quote from: Beirus
PM

Now, let's fix that thing:

[Pot:3+1=4]
You flash with light, and the Diamond God of Death is no more! instead, now Robert is there, with two bleeding legs who lack a lot of muscle, leaving it open to the air (hence why the bleeding). It is painful. Anyway, the magic makes his left leg glow. As the magic is under his control, he orders it to react, and the leg flashes, transforming it into a really thin human leg made of diamond.

Left leg is very small and made of diamond:
[Very small]
[Crystaline structure]
-2 to str rolls made exclusively with this leg. You don't get bonuses because it is just one leg.

His other leg also has:
-Lacks a bigger chunk! Penalties persist even after bleeding stops:
[Bleeding II]

((You can fix all you body at once with a form if you want to. You will still be subject to matter conservation rules unless you find a way to add mass.))

Do the things in my PM

Let's do crazy stuff:

[Pot:2-1=1]
A line appears and begins to curl and twist until it has made a golden pompom which promptly jumps at your face, phasing through.

[Pot:5-1=4]
A golden line appears and draws a bird. How cute.

Well, that was not very useful.

Oh pool, I said dumb thing.

MOAR TESTIIIIIIEEN

(EDIT: Tried to say "oh poop", said "oh pool". Leaving as is, as is amusingly appropriate typo for this game)

You move away from the biometal-dissolving bioemtal. Wait, what? It deserves a better name. But first, science!

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get yet another sack of biometal. Time to test it:

[Sack pot: 7] (fixed)
A big burst of flame erupts form it! Fortunately, you shrug it off. Hmm. You decide against destroying it for the moment.

Well, while you consider the implications of this thing, you try more magic:

[Pot:1+1=2]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws... yeah, you don't know. It has four legs, but it doesn't seem like it would help you to guess what it is.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Some yellow dust appears and is scattered. You smell a faint unpleasant smell.

PM

Dexter suddenly has a realization: this place is dangerous, and people are dying, because of no good reason. This place must be a kind of arena, or something like that. He doesn't want to partake in this abhorrent activity. The golden lion looks at him, but it is barely able to move. He doesn't care about the metallic beat, he just doesn't want to be here. Out of frustration, he whispers:

"I give up..."

Immediately the floor below him crumbles and a hole is created. Dexter promptly falls in there, screaming. The hole then closes, and the screams are muffled by the sound of broken bones.

Dexter quit the game. His power goes to no one

Meanwhile, the ominous red light coming from the Portal Room intensifies even more.

Quote from: Vivalas
PM

Patrick feels again those chills running through his spine. This doesn't look good.

Totally Not Igor (TNI) appears in the SE hallway. He looks around, examining its surroundings

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vivalas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Never give up. It usually means death here.
« Reply #2031 on: February 25, 2015, 12:37:16 pm »

"I can finagle this."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 25, 2015, 12:55:17 pm »

[RED LIGHT INTENSIFIES]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 25, 2015, 03:22:58 pm »

((Yeah, I've been procrastinating about this for too long, but I don't have the time nor will to give this game the attention it deserves.  Sorry to my allies, both inside and outside of Derm's group.  :\))

If I can choose, my soul goes to Bigf00t.  He should survive long enough to use it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 25, 2015, 03:23:57 pm »

Psh, that's boring.  Just cast a violently suicidal spell at someone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 25, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »

Syvarris no give your soul to me
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 25, 2015, 03:30:52 pm »

((I was kinda tempted to do that to Derm, just for the hilarity of betraying him again, but decided against it because it would be pointlessly mean, and probably take souls out of the game.  Also because I forgot where I put my wordlist.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 25, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »

take souls out of the game? how so?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 25, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »

Okay, we skip Syvarris. He doesn't suicide because he didn't even get to play, I will just edit the next one into the turn. Also, no, you can't just kill yourself and give souls to someone. That would cause a really weird meta in this game.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 26, 2015, 07:34:58 am »

Explore until I find people, then repeat last turn's first spell.

It's important to eat a balanced diet, young fellows!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 197