Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318063 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Could you at least impale yourself on me? Solo suicide is such a waste.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kill myself. I'm bored of this now and it's just filling up my inbox.
Okay, you will be swallowed by the floor unless you state otherwise.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I think the fair thing to do is (assuming both EP and Derm are attacking him) is to roll their combat actions until he dies.

Unless the rest of us can vote for a hilarious extremely dangerous suicide spell for him! (Many Explosive BlackHole is my vote)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are or at least, I am. I don't think elephant noticed.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elephant didn't notice that he was being attacked, Dorsidwarf failed his attack rolls because of his penalty to pot, and Derm didn't made any progress in killing him, so yeah, we cna just take him out of the game and be done with that.

Altough I think I can refund Derm's pot and his corssbow bolt (which actually is lying on the floor)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Works too!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's a turn wasted then. Precious science!

Just... augh.

Let's get to digging deeper.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:54:32 pm by Dermonster »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't sure whether that was an attack attempt. I thought it might have been, since it disrupted my turn, but I wasn't sure.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Now with metal whips!
« Reply #2363 on: May 11, 2015, 08:49:21 am »

Turn 115

ABSOLUTE_POWAR

You grab your repairy chunk of flesh and the amazing control flesh and go to the Magma Room. There, you find a diamond man with diamond rapiers as arms. Totally usual stuff right here.

You ignore him and do your magic:

[Pot:6+1=7]
Your chest glows with a lot of intensity, and an almost blinding flash of light reveals how it is now an emaciated piece of dark biometal, your ribs almost outside of your body. Hell it is disgusting. But, you feel something, your extrasensorial perception of the rest of the flesh in your body has somehow increased. No, it has duplicated. And it is not cool, because you are basically having to process double the stimuli. Also, you now can feel the steel of your own demonic morningstar, much like you do with the rest of the flesh around. There is more steel in the hallway to the north, as well as a humanoid figure there, you can feel it. But, at the same time, you are having a hard time to process all this extrasensorial information being shoved into your consciousness. Maybe this control stuff is not unlimited.

Quote from: endlessblaze
PM

That guy that just entered is creepy, but you guess that having weapons instead of arms doesn't make you better. Well, at least you can do science:

[Pot:1]
You get a golden line, one that makes a knot out of itself. Oops.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens!

Well you just wasted time right there.

Don't you think it's time for a little Space Wizard! Space Science! up in here?

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable of magic. Or sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable of technology? Anyway:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears, and then becomes thicker, and then it curls somewhat. With a flash of light, it becomes a steel whip! Hell yeah, that's badass!

-Steel-destroying whip:
Minor cutting: does half damage as cutting.
Successful attacks create a grapple, if the enemy breaks free, he keeps the whip, still around the affected limb.
Each turn it is in contact with steel, it deals one acid damage.

Dude, you are equipped for everything now!

Quote from: NAV
PM

You will finally fix your head! Or at least you hope so.

[Pot:1-1+1=1] ((Damn, we are having bad luck here))
[Will:4-1=3]

Your bitten arm flashes with an uncontrollable light, and you now find that, instead of it, you now have an inert biometal head, staring at you from the stump with black orbs instead of eyes and sharp teeth decorating its alien mouth. It freaks you out, so it probably is useful to scare some people. The diamond glove has fallen to the ground.

Left arm has become an inert biometal head:
-1 to wrestling.

((Hey, why don't you ask for help. You know, someone with a good bonus could repair your head.))

Kill myself.

"Okay, I give up!" Said the Doris-headed metal lion.

The floor, shaken by this, responded by opening itself to hug her, gravity itself helped her with a gentle push downwards, and a short, painful scream, followed by a cacophony of screeching metal sealed the bond of friendship.

Doris gave up- She is dead, her power goes to no-one

Ah, damn.

Disappointed that you are not killing anyone, you grab your unused bolt, finding it pretty much ok, and do science:

[Pot:5+1=6]
The nothingness is shot towards your crossbow.

While you were subconsciously pondering why was the crossbow the target of your spell, it begun to glow.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Your sight now shows a different place. You are standing in a tall, white tower. Smooth walls of made of white and clean polymers appears to be he main decoration of this area. Small glowing lines are carved in the walls, carrying electrical impulses, glowing when they do so, creating an aesthetically appealing dance of lights. You look from the balcony down. You can't see the floor, only clouds, being occasionally traversed by floating cars travelling with incredible smoothness and accuracy. It all looks so fluid, but at the same time automatic, soul-less.

You wake up of that vision.

[Pot:4+1=5]
The nothingness is now shot from your eyes.

Your sight becomes dizzy again, until you see something different. the clanking sound of bones fills the air, as an elder man walks through the jungle. Small skulls are hanging form his staff, feathers decorating both the staff and a bizarre headwear. He finally arrives to a clearing, where lot of people, most of them wearing nothing more than some feathers and a loincloth, are waiting. Upon his arrival, they begin to dance in a circle around something, as drums are heard. The dance is ritualistic and precise in nature, yet still savage, and imitating in some ways the animals. An idol, made from assorted bones, is what is being circled. The bones are mostly animal, with a few human ones. The elder man begins to chant in an ancient tongue. One of the dancers quickly throws a torch into the ritual idol, setting a small pile of twigs below it on fire. The chant, the dance, the fire, everything becomes more savage, all of a sudden. The dancers join the old man in his chants, and the fire grows, until a humanoid shape is formed from it. The figure raises its arms, and the ritual suddenly stops, both the old man and the rest of the people kneeling before it.

The vision ends here.

Quote from: EP
PM

You resume the science you were going to start before that odd creature attempted to attack you.

A chunk of steel appears and is shot down, colliding with the floor.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Now the same thing happens with a small biometal sack.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Two shards of something, one metallic, the other rusty red, appear and fall to the floor.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

AAAAH, STOP IT!

[Pot:6+1-1=6]
You look at the wall, overcoming the sharp sound trying to penetrate your eardrums. You cast the spell, and the part of the wall that transformed into apparently nothing, but emits the cursed sound, starts to glow, and then transforms into solid diamond with a flash of light. Phew!

Now, you do more science:

You get a hollow diamond. It moves slowly towards the diamond-edged axe that formerly belonged to Tim.

You get the same vision as Derm's last one. This has nothing to do with laziness or anything like that.

Ali appears in the Portal Room. Nobody is here. That's a good start, this means that at last there are no murderers.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now with metal whips!
« Reply #2364 on: May 11, 2015, 09:54:15 am »

"Steel destroying?  That won't fix my Space Armor!"

Maybe I should try again.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 11, 2015, 06:36:42 pm »

I guess it's SCIENCE time again.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 11, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »

Oh boy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 11, 2015, 06:46:14 pm »

Oh boy.
Quick, take notes on the ritual! We might be able to use it later!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 11, 2015, 06:47:37 pm »

Uh.

Right...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 11, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

Uh.

Right...
Well, it shouldn't be too hard to do. A few Flesh Humanoid and Bone animal spells later, and you'd have the necessary components. Bada bing, bada boom, instant boss fight!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 197