Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317830 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: New words!
« Reply #2340 on: May 03, 2015, 08:55:59 pm »

I think I sent a thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »

*Broken robot screams*
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 04, 2015, 09:41:15 am »

The Space Wizard! is slacking today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Interesting discoveries! (and self-harm, as always)
« Reply #2343 on: May 05, 2015, 09:21:41 am »

Turn 114

STOP! SCIENCE TIME!

MOAR, MOAR SCIENCE!

[Pot:4+1=5]
Another chunk of flesh appears. Upon touch... you are startled, a flurry of sensations overcoming you. You touch it again, this time more prepared, and you feel, feel as if you could sense other things outside of you, but also your perception of yourself has been increased somehow. You can feel how every single muscle of your body is either relaxed or tensed, you can feel the smallest of the changes, you can even feel the disgusting whisky-soaked chunk of flesh attached to your leg as if it were your own, yet, you can't feel it touching the air. It appears that this perception is limited, yet is still useful. You can vaguely sense more fleshy forms away from you, but the more distance there is between them and you, the vaguer they become. Marvelled by this discovery, you experiment. You order the boozy chunk of flesh to move away, and...

[Will:5]
...surprisingly, it does, you own will manifesting as an impenetrable barrier, one that can exert pressure at will, and in different places simultaneously, to mimic the effects of your hands, your body at work, without the direct need for physical contact. The boozy chunk of flesh flies far enough to not bother you any more with its attraction towards you. This is good, really good. You are able to bend matter itself to your will, move it, displace it as you wish. You now realize it, you have been given...

... The gift of Control.

Control flesh chunk:
You may roll will to manipulate flesh. Results are considered as if you had cast a spell and rolled for potency. Aiming and the like is still done via dexterity. You can only perform one will action per turn. Does not consume pool.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Another chunk of flesh appears, and you can feel it with both your sight and your newly acquired senses. You touch it, and notice that suddenly your hand seems smoother, the uncomfortable sensation of having carried your mace all this time has disappeared. This is only getting better.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Unfortunately, you only get interference here.

Still, this was a wonderful magic session.

SIENCE!

You do some small science:

[Pot:6]
You suddenly find yourself in a stadium, the people are cheering, jumping like crazy, like if the world was coming to an end, and they had decided to spent their last minutes of life partying as hard as humanly possible. You look to your sides, only to find some guy playing a bass, wearing a flashy ans surreal outfit, his skin painted black and white. Other, similar people are standing near you, each of the with an instrument: battery, electric guitar, a microphone upon yourself. The crowd cheers for you, who have just noticed that you are the very reason why they came to this place. Your hands are holding a guitar too. You lift one of them, the one holding the pick, towards the sky, the crowd goes crazy, and you shout, extending your unnaturally long tongue. Then the pick goes down, the first chord being played, and the song starting...

You then wake up, realizing that this was just a vision.

*Broken robot screams*

You focus your inner energy, broken robot style:

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

The Space Wizard! is slacking today.

But you cut the slack! Space science!

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a golden line. Only that.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Another golden line, this one drawing a perfect rendition of a dwarf.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Now a human is drawn.

Hmmmmmm.

I think I sent a thing.

Juicy science! Derm leaves the room just as you start with your experiments:

[Pot:3+1+1=5]
A blob of vanilla-favoured ice-cream appears and falls to the ground! Yummy!

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get an small chunk of a really heavy silvery metal.

[Pot:6+1=7]
You look at the wall, and it begins to glow, then suddenly flashes with light. For a split second, you don't feel anything...

[End:3+2=5]
MAKE IT STOP, STAAAPH! A loud, ear-piercing sound comes from the newly formed hole in the wall, gnawing at your mind, piercing your dragon ears. You cant think properly, you only know that that thing has to be destroyed, somehow.

[Sonic resonance]

"Oh lookie! Idiots!"

Quote from: EP
PM

Quote from: Dorsidwarf
PM

[Derm spd:4+1-1=4]
[Flimsy spd:6-1-1=4]
[Doris spd:4-1=3]

Before anything happens in the Arcane Room, Derm arrives and casts a spell:

[Derm pot:1+1=2]
There is a faint glow at the feet of the human-headed lion. Oh, well, better go with plan B:

[Derm pot:2+1=3]
A small cone of a semi-transparent black substance replaces the floor beneath Doris and begins to extend towards her! But at the same time it is pulling everything in its direction.

[Doris str:4-1=3]
[Derm str:4-1=3]
[Flimsy str:3-1=2]

But the tiny amount of strength only manages to pull the Flimsy Wizard towards it, and even then, he didn't get close enough to be swallowed.

But didn't have enough, and now attempts to fire his crossbow at Doris!

[Derm dex:1+1=2]
[Doris dex:3+1=4]

But the shot goes wide.

Meanwhile, the Wizard postpones his science as Doris attempts another spell:

[Doris pot:1-1=0]
[Doris will:5-1-1=3]
Both of Doris' front legs flash with light, and then they both transform into inert fire! Just as before, they seem to be fueled by something.

Front legs are inert pitch-fueled fire!
-1 to dodging and speed in lion form, -2 to wrestling in human form.

Okay, this is going from bad to worse here.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Easy there, Gene.

Also, it's on like Donkey Kong.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I was referring to the unleashing of control.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

((Control!? Can I have that word please? It might provide a good substitute for my arm issue))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gift of Control.
Bigf00t, you have a new best friend.

I've altered my stats, AGAIN.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:28:41 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

die already so I can get in.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

The gift of Control.
Bigf00t, you have a new best friend.

This amuses me greatly ;D

die already so I can get in.

For some reason I don't think you'll be waiting much longer, it appears we are entering another kill-cycle. (as opposed to the previous science cycle) Perplexicon games seem to swing between quite a few turns solid of each.

I will edit (or post new if I can avoid a doublepost) when I know how I'll employ my absolute power. (link to image to avoid cluttering thread)

EDIT: ABSOLUTE_POWAR
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:29:32 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will edit (or post new if I can avoid a doublepost) when I know how I'll employ my absolute power. (link to image to avoid cluttering thread)

EDIT: ABSOLUTE_POWAR
Ooh! Ooh! I know how to get ABSOLUTE_POWAR! Pick me!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Ah, damn.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Don't you think it's time for a little Space Wizard! Space Science! up in here?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Kill myself. I'm bored of this now and it's just filling up my inbox.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 197