Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317811 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Beirus continues to be badass.
« Reply #2415 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:17 am »

((You did kill endless. You are a valid murder target now. Just saying.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 19, 2015, 03:21:13 am »

And Team Derm made mince out of one of my allies. And is doing so again.

If we are anything, it's even :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 19, 2015, 03:41:37 am »

((How so? Systar killed Derm, I killed Systar. You killed endless and Toaster tried to/is trying to kill NAV. Now one of you dies, then it'll be even. :P))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 19, 2015, 06:00:15 am »

So, basically, what has happened since Rolpegeek died? Well...

Beirus killed the first boss. He has so many souls that I had to put in effect the anti-ganking mechanic: he won't get any points for killng people with 10 souls less than him.
Also, to make the soul-gathering process quickier, I introduced CHALLENGE MODE
Some new words have been added too.

Also, I'm loving the politics in this place.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 19, 2015, 07:59:01 am »

((How so? Systar killed Derm, I killed Systar. You killed endless and Toaster tried to/is trying to kill NAV. Now one of you dies, then it'll be even. :P))
((Hmm, possibly fair. I'm fairly sure this is how wars are started. :P Maybe if you guys broadcast your membership, particularly your new and less obvious ones more clearly less of these "accidents" would occur ;D (Flimsy, your alliance with Team Vengeance Derm is literally the ONLY reason I haven't come over to opportunistically kill you, many times over, in your various weakened states!)))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 19, 2015, 08:19:52 am »

I literally ask everyone who joins to come to the main group but again, nobody really listens so we spread the hell out for some reason.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:33 am »

Yea, if I knew there was no way to attack someone without attacking Team Derm (a bit of an unfair assumption, given this is primarily a PvP game with optional PvE elements AND as you said, people are just strewn everywhere) I would have maybe have risked Challenge Mode.

This is a regrettable outcome anyway. I know I've never joined Team Derm, often made a point of it, but I've always enjoyed the occasional mutual cooperation.

Hopefully everyone will be happy to settle things with this 1v1 match between Derm and Toaster. I'll be coming to the Greenroom myself as an intervention deterrent. I have no interest in getting involved (as the 1v1 was suggested by my teammate) unless one of your team members try to do the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 19, 2015, 12:06:44 pm »

We was gettin' to it.

Or well, I was planning on starting to get to it.

Then stuff happened.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 19, 2015, 12:09:29 pm »

Assuming success, after I win this duel and patch up, I'm headed that way.  [Unless people interfere and I need to deal with them.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 20, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »

Provided nothing goes terribly wrong anytime soon, I'd like to be next in line to wail on some NPCs :))

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 23, 2015, 05:37:53 pm »

I was planning on heading over there... eventually... Probably after finding some way that would be effective for killing them.

How many people are we waiting on for the turn?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 23, 2015, 05:43:05 pm »

How many people are we waiting on for the turn?

Right now, nobody. I just have to find the time to do it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Where becoming a black hole... is not the best idea.
« Reply #2428 on: May 24, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »

Turn 118

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere
PM

After a sudden insight, you decide to test some specific things:

[Pot:5]
The bones around you disappear, and are instead replaced by a swirling mass of crimson fluid, some times becoming thicker, other times extending until it becomes but a thin film around you, but never touching you. At least you can see somewhat through it.

You now have a blood aura around you. It does nothing in particular.

[Pot:3]
A ball of strawberry flavoured ice-cream appears and falls to the ground! A pity that you can't reach it without the blood tainting it first.

As you were casually resting your arms downwards, the floor begun to emit a golden glow, which lasted a brief time.

You get a vision of a huge pyramid, made from sloped terraces. An immense crowd is gathered around it, awaiting expectantly. On the tallest point of the pyramid, a flat stone table holding a tied prisoner acts as the center of a sinister ritual. A priest wearing the skin of a jaguar and a wicked, serrated blade made of obsidian chunks, is chanting in an unknown tongue. The stone walls are carved with decorations of men dying, ancient beings in their glory, and odd prophecies. As the chant reaches its climax, the priest lifts his dagger, and it is sunk in the prisoners chest. His screams are soon replaced by choking sounds as blood fills his lungs, and then the sound of broken bones ensues as the dagger begins to carve an opening on the center of his chest. By the time a hole has been made, the prisoner has already gone silent, and the jaguar priest forcefully removes the sternum, grabbing the hearth of the victim with his free hand. He walks towards the edge of the upper terrace of the pyramid, and the crowd begins to cheer. He shouts something in his tongue, lifting both the bloody dagger and the heart at the same time, only to squeeze the heart, blood dripping into his mouth. And the crowd goes insane with joy.

The vision ends here. That was troubling.

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears, but does nothing before disappearing. Oops.

Quote from: EP
PM

You focus your inner energies with your little head:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote from: Rolepgeek
PM

Ex-Bucky has an idea! And it is badass! He's gotta try it out!

[Pot:6+1=7]
He begins to glow with an intense light, and the magic is so powerful it becomes uncontrollable! He suddenly flashes, and finds himself standing in four paws, which are... sinking? What the fuck? And as more time passes, he finds that not only they sink, but he loses sensitivity in those points in contact with the stone floor. Not only that, but the same seems to be holding true for the rest of his surface. Moving your head around, he sees that he is now a bear, made from a semi.transparent black substance.

You have become a "Black hole" bear!
[Gas structure]
-Negative matter: contact with normal matter nullifies the existence of both it and your matter, on a 1 for 1 basis. People on the same room with you have to roll for strength against your current potency to avoid being sucked.
-Current potency is 6/7

Quote from: Bigf00t
PM

You move to the Greenhouse Room to watch the fight. And also you do magic:

[Pot:1+1=2]
You feel some brief glow coming from your body. But you didn't manage to cast the spell the right way and you also didn't have all the required magic mojo. Huh, that makes you reconsider your actions.

But you can do so while you watch the fight!

Quote from: Derm
PM

Quote from: Toaster
PM

[Derm spd:1+1=2]
[Thrakor spd:1-2-1=-2] ((No turn for you))

As the poor Sphess-dwagon-Wizhard is having problems with his new body, Derm does some magic:

[Derm pot:5+1=6]
A chunk of steel appears. Derm ignores this as he prepares another spell, but Not Igor seems to be happy about this. For some reason currently unbeknown to Thrakor.

[Derm pot:3+1=4]
A blob of a green liquid encircled by electricity is formed in front of Derm!

[Derm dex:5+1+2=8]
[Derm end:2]

[Thrakor dex:2-1-1=0]
[Thrkaor end:4-1=3]

The electricity travels at the speed of moving electrons, and so both Derm and Thrakor suffer its effects even before the blob of acid begins to move. Unfortunately for Derm, he was not expecting this and suffered from it more than his adversary. When the blob finally was launched forwards, Thrakor barely managed to turn around, trying to evade it. A little portion of the acid scratched his head, where his helmet received it and most of it dissolved in response to the fiery liquid. The blob continued its trajectory, though, and before Thrakor could finally get away from it, his right back leg was impacted, the acid dissolving both his boot and leg armor there, but there was enough acid to put some scratches on him too.

But Derm is not over with it, he recharges his crossbow:

[Derm str:6-1=5]
And he almost completes the recharge process.

And, to make things worse, Thrakor flashed with light, only to find that he was again a simple humanoid. One that now lacked a helmet, with his right leg somewhat burned and without armor, and had an arm which made him feel a lot of pain.

To summarize the changes:
Derm has [Paralysis]
Thrakor has [Slight paralysis]
Thrakor has lost his right leg armor and boot.
Thrakor has lost his helmet, only his chest armor remains.
Thrakor's right leg has [Bleeding I] and [Minor burns]
Thrakor's right arm has [Pain II]

Quote from: NAV
PM

Oh, shiny mass! You hug the piece of metal the Derm created for you and attempt to cast a spell!

[Pot:1+2=3]
Both you and the chunk of metal glow, and with a flash of light, you feel yourself... whole! Yes, you are whole! Although you are now a human being with parts of metal instead of flesh, and the metal is still inert, but who cares, you are a whole person! A pity that your former missing limbs are inert steel too. Fortunately for you, the other pieces of inter material (like the leather and the biometal head) have fallen and are not attached to your body any more!

See character sheet for details.

And he charges his axe:

[Str:2-1=1]
But he barely does anything.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The tribal god opens his mouth, the tiny platinum threads loosely sewing it together are long enough to allow it to fully open.

A roar, accompanied by varied devilish daughters, fills the Greenhouse Room. Everybody has a chill run through their spines.

You are reaching the point where you feel that you need shadow demons playing bongo drums or something behind you to emphasize your level of badassery.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well this was short. Have fun in space!"
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 197