Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317796 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The Age of The Murderous Hippopotamus.
« Reply #2550 on: July 13, 2015, 06:11:10 am »

Forgot to post my turn anyway :P

TURN!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 22, 2015, 10:18:57 am »

How's your business, tomcost?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:17 am »

Terribly busy. Will tell you more in short time.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Talk to the GM
« Reply #2553 on: July 22, 2015, 08:38:33 pm »

Well, I can now explain some things to you, guys. By the way, I'm sorry for the double post.

First, I want to apologize for this unnoficial hiatus. I know that I have been somewhat active on the forums (well, if you can call me active after a couple posts). That was because I needed to take my mind off from my studies. Could I have used that time to make an update? Maybe yes, but it wouldn't have had the quality this game deserves. See, I tend to spend at elast 2 hours in each turn, two straighh hours. Otherwise, I tend to forget little details, details that may matter, detalis that may make one of you take an incorrect decision and die. I don't want that to happen, I want to make things as fair as possible for you guys. So, I'm sorry.

The good news are that my schedule has stabilized and I can make a turn, probably this friday. Still, I need Beirus to post an action.

And, now that I'm here talking, any feedback you want to give me? Suggestions? Critics? Anything you don't like? Apart from this hiatus, obviously.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Talk to the GM.
« Reply #2554 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:16 pm »

Can my opponent stop evading his well deserved death yet?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Talk to the GM.
« Reply #2555 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »

Can my opponent stop evading his well deserved death yet?
He should have like a -3 to dex now, so he is unlikely ot evade anything.

Otherwise, I'm as much a slave to dice as your characters.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Back in action. Now with more wierd magic stuff.
« Reply #2556 on: July 24, 2015, 03:47:32 pm »

Turn 123

I think accidentally blowing yourself up is a worse death. But that's just me.

Anyways, continue my war against the wordlist!

Science! I... must...do Science!

[Pot:6]
The nothingness is shot towards your left. The hell did you just sense?

[Pot:5]
The nothingness is disturbed in that place where the previous nothingness had been fired into, as you were considering, in academic terms, what the fuck had just happened.

[Pot:1]
You have the feeling that something happened. Or maybe it didn't. Or maybe it happened in another plane of existence. Or maybe what you would call another plane of existence is just a part of this existence, which can't be interacted with by the means you know of. Or maybe you are getting distracted by all this metaphysical bullshit.

The nothingness is disturbed near the floor below you, as your arms were casually extended towards it.

[Pot:3]
You instinctively spit something, only to notice that you actually didn't spit anything. Oddly enough, you had the sensation that you were going to spit something. Maybe you spat part of the nothingness? This is going to give you a headache.

[Pot:2]
You get a drop of some dark liquid. Well, at least you got something that is corporeal.

[Pot:3]
You get a golden line, one that draws something with four legs, but not wide enough to be an animal you know. It vanishes before you can guess what it was.

And that, sir, is what you get after messing with the incomprehensible forces of magic.

"um... I signed up for this? Whoops. I thought the fighter tournament... NO MATTER! ME GOOD WIZARD! maybe."

Since there is a notable lack of public words, I'm going public. Say Osrumnti(G-111) and Rebusdiiu(G-104).

You say two separate words:

[Pot:4]
You get a small pile of dirt. Wooo, magic!

[Pot:2]
You get a golden line, a golden line that moves... somewhat. Wooo, pretty lines!

And that your introduction to magic. Have fun not killing yourself.

Forgot to post my turn anyway :P

TURN!

As the fight continues, you do more of your own, sweet stuff:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears, and begins the drawing of an elongated object. It has a handle, composed of what seems to be a screaming demon, an opened teethy mouth letting a serpent-like tongue out. It extends forwards, ending up in a sharp tip. The demonic head also has a neck, a neck that looks maybe too thin to be one, but comfortable to grasp, with a spiky ball, a pommel, at the extreme. A couple curved horns come from the head, turning towards where the neck-hilt is, making a cool and maybe even useful hand-guard. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel, with the souls of the damned pouring through the hellish mouth.

Demonic unholy steel rapier:
[Piercing weapon]
[Unholy:7]

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The tribal fiend does his own thing:

[Pot:3+1+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws a sheep. With a flash of light, it materializes into cardboard. How uninteresting. The sheep spends a few moments examining itself, for some reason.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws what looks like the sleeve of a sweater. With a flash of light, it materializes into... flesh, and falls with a wet sound towards the floor. Damn, the thing is made of muscles or something. You still touch it, no matter how disgusting it is, and find that your outer shell of repulsive energy is preventing your from accessing to the powers you are sure it has.

Just a minor setback for the Space Wizard!

"YOU'VE GOT NO FLESH, YOU DAFT NUTTER!"

These two guys keep yelling at each other, just before resuming the fight:

[Thrakor spd:2-3=-1] ((Turn lost))
[Derm spd:6+1=7]

Derm tries to make Thrakor meet mischievous... water! Wait, that's not badass. Maybe just smart, but definitely not badass.

[Derm pot:1+1=2]
And a drop of water appears and falls over the perplexed Thrakor, evaporating in the process with a humorous sound. That was pathetic. Really.

Derm goes back into the pool afterwards.

Quote from: NAV
PM

Considering how all these guys seems to be currently less threatening than the cardboard sheep, you focus your inner energies right where you are:

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

Quote from: ATHAT
PM

You keep on auto-science mode:

You get a vision. Drums, a dance, frenetic chanting. It starts with you seeing through a fire, a multitude of forms, humanoid they seem, erratically moving, a strange dance consisting of jumps and irregularly paced movements. Your point of view moves upwards, and you can clearly see now that the figures are men and women going around a bonfire, their faces painted in a fashion resembling basic, but intimidating shapes. Some bones are hanging from the hair of those who use it long, and they move and collide as their owners move around. Far away, a glimpse of a dark jungle, a labyrinth of green matter can be seen. Your silent contemplation is interrupted by a scream. You quickly look down, as you are floating over the bonfire, and the first thing you see is the screaming face of a person, the fires eating away his flesh...

The vision ends. That was not nice. At all.

[Pot:5]
Now you are sitting in a room. Smashed bottles lying around, a guitar by your side. It is somewhat relaxing. You are interrupted by groupies, which seemed to have been all the time around you. They are like playing with you, their fascination with you materializing in glee. Yet everything, even their faces, seems fuzzy, your vision getting somewhat distorted with odd colors...

The vision then ends. Damn, that was odd.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back in action. Now with more wierd magic stuff.
« Reply #2557 on: July 24, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

"A minor setback! Let me just..."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 24, 2015, 03:56:46 pm »

"How about a do-over?"

Second verse, same as the first.

EDIT:  I realize it's "because rules" but losing my turn for "I can't move" reasons when I wasn't trying to move anyway seems a bit odd.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 24, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »

Continue my pattern of science!

What would happen if we made an item with Control [One of those primal entities that don't like each other].
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

Continue my pattern of science!

I'm afraid that your current pattern of science has arrived to an end, and that you ahve to specify a new one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 24, 2015, 05:11:21 pm »

"Magic useless."

More scienceing. Say Rebusdiiu(G-104) and Ratentcius(G-115).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:30:21 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:44 pm »

Still a fair bit left... but it is close...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 26, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »

TURN!
[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears, and begins the drawing of an elongated object. It has a handle, composed of what seems to be a screaming demon, an opened teethy mouth letting a serpent-like tongue out. It extends forwards, ending up in a sharp tip. The demonic head also has a neck, a neck that looks maybe too thin to be one, but comfortable to grasp, with a spiky ball, a pommel, at the extreme. A couple curved horns come from the head, turning towards where the neck-hilt is, making a cool and maybe even useful hand-guard. With a flash of light, it materializes into iron, with the souls of the damned pouring through the hellish mouth.

Demonic unholy iron rapier:
[Piercing weapon]
[Unholy:7]

Hey Tomcost, are you absolutely sure I said Iron? I was fairly sure I used the word for Steel (their codes are pretty damn similar)
I wouldn't make a fuss, but seeing as I can control steel but not iron..
((Very cool object description tho))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 26, 2015, 07:56:48 pm »

I should say something for tomcost(in reality, tomcost's sig). If you are amnesiac or too lazy to write your own Perplexicon Dictonary, it helps if you just PM yourself while you are in !!Science!!
Also, Fallacy, try words than have not said yet. Including Etor.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 197