Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318026 times)

blazing glory

Re: Tribulations in Magic: Three deaths. Waitlisters find this quite amusing.
« Reply #2700 on: November 08, 2015, 04:34:43 pm »

((I forgot this was a thing, I'm not going to last long.))

((I don't even know where I am compared to everything else.))

Go enter the Arcane room, I heard that Hippo was bad news.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: November 09, 2015, 03:39:13 am »

Here's the types of magic. Although i said this in Hawk123's game, you might miss it.

Material: The material of the spell. Fire, Gold, Concrete.
Shape: A form. In this game, Shape type without any material creates a object made from ethereal golden lines(as said by Derm). Sword, Naginata, Cat.
Enchantment(Modifier): Modifies the spell. Split, Recursive.
Location: Locates where the spell is put. In this game, it is indicated by something shining. Torso, Floor, Whole Body.
Miscellaneous: It's not on the list, or could do both of any of the list above. Control(None of any/Enchantment?).

Where do you find this turn? AH!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:48:55 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: November 09, 2015, 09:34:25 am »

The Space Wizard! stood over his fallen foe.  "Well played, sir."

+1 Str
+2 Dex
+1 Pot
+1 Pool

Now... this keeper's probably going to focus on me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: November 09, 2015, 09:38:07 am »

Rewaitlist. My soul is strong.
((My personal head cannon is that only a portion of the soul ,the part that stores energy and magic power, is the only part that's absorbed. And that's why pepole tend to respawn.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: November 09, 2015, 09:51:17 am »

Rewaitlist. My soul is strong.
((My personal head cannon is that only a portion of the soul ,the part that stores energy and magic power, is the only part that's absorbed. And that's why pepole tend to respawn.))

The official canon says that those that respawn are totally different from those who have previously died, and that they are in the Arena because they were kidnapped by the antagonists so that they could be used as soul cattle.

In-game, you would be a twin, or something like that.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: November 09, 2015, 09:56:08 am »

Point remains, I'm entering the wait list.

If I have to be difrent just change my name to darkness and have me be the rival of my previous character.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: November 11, 2015, 01:01:31 pm »

Go to challenge room.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: November 11, 2015, 04:46:51 pm »

((Ah, hadn't noticed it's one-user only))
PM

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: November 11, 2015, 06:41:24 pm »

Word
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: November 15, 2015, 04:04:34 am »

Go to challenge room.

It is currently occupied by Bigf01t, sorry.

Heh heh heh.

DO STUFF! (Sorry for the delay, exams and Fallout 4 are... pretty effective distraction)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Crushed!
« Reply #2712 on: November 15, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »

Turn 135

((Derm gonna be pissed.))

Robert snorts upon seeing the demise of two of his allies and slowly shakes his head before heading out of the Greenhouse room.

To not here!

The Tribal fiend feels quite bad for the death of his friends, and so he leaves the place of the killing. The Greenhouse Room has changed a lot since the fight with the Keeper begun, with the stone floor ripped from the ground in multiple places, several scorching marks here or there, and lots of mangled plants, not mentioning the bodies. Robert leaves for the Magma Room, and finds there a single humanoid creature, one that appears to be trying to do something:

((Ah, hadn't noticed it's one-user only))
PM

You suddenly feel a rush of knowledge flowing through your mind. You know which words to say. Yes. You don't even need to look at the set of papers you were given when you appeared here. You cast the spell:

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears in front of you, and begins to draw an object. It is elongated, appears to have a pointy edge, and a handle, yet it is too small to be a big weapon. With a flash of light, it materializes into a red and wet material: flesh, which falls to the ground with a wet sound. The object can't keep itself straight, but, had it been solid, it would have passed for a dagger. Yet, the tendons and muscular fibers that compose the flesh dagger give it a particular, yet disturbing imagery. You reach to touch it, and upon contact you instantly feel...more. You can feel how every single fiber of your muscles twitches to your mental commands, and even feel like you can influence it, but from a different angle, as if your mind had suddenly gained the ability to push, pull, and reform flesh, even the one that is not yours. This dagger seems like a nice and useful implement, you have to say.

-Flesh control "dagger"
Can control flesh!

You are interrupted as a platinum dragon, with swirling shadows covering him, and adorned with various platinum skulls of different sizes, enters the room. He doesn't seem interested in you.

Go enter the Arcane room, I heard that Hippo was bad news.

You go to the Arcane Room, which just happens to be to the North of your current position. You find yourself in a room where four vertical octariney beams emanate from the ground and go towards the ceiling, enclosed by a repulsive force pyramid which reaches your waist in height. Several crystalline pyramids are attached to the walls, many of them with varying degrees of octariney coloration, but none of them too strong. On the Northern side of the room, you find a huge, obsidian skull attached to the wall. It seems that some green goo is oozing from it, only to evaporate into a green gas, which seems to form long and elongated screaming faces. You really hope that you are just imagining the last bit.

Where do you find this turn? AH!

You go to the Arcane Room, and find there some guy, somewhat thin, and wearing what seems to be a robe made from assorted dirty clothes sewn together. You eye each other, but none of you seems to have ill intentions, so you attempt some magic:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws a closed book. With a flash of light, it materializes into wood and...

"Fall"

You hear, as it falls to the ground.

"Lay"

You hear, as it lies over the floor. The word is repeated every half a minute or so. The other guy seems to also have heard it, but you are not even sure if what you heard came from a sound, or it just happened inside your mind.

Word

You try to ignore the decapitated and mutilated body near you, and the gore from the exploded head, and you try to do some magic:

[Pot:1]
[Will:2]
Something goes wrong, you can feel it. In fact, it even glows! And it comes from your left leg! With a flash of light, it becomes solid and boring concrete!

Left leg is concrete:
-1 to dodging and speed
Further -1 to speed due to extra weight

((GM's advice: to prevent this, you either focus pot, or overdrive.))

The Space Wizard! stood over his fallen foe.  "Well played, sir."

+1 Str
+2 Dex
+1 Pot
+1 Pool

Now... this keeper's probably going to focus on me.

[Thrakor spd:3-1=2]
[Keeper spd:1-1=0]

Thrakor, noticing that the Keeper is probably going after him, quickly catches Derm's staff.

-Steel staff that controls water and magma
[Blunt weapon]
Can control water and magma!

Just by touching it, he feels the enhanced perception on the elements the staff controls. Yet, he also feels that it is taxing, and that his mind could manage maybe only one element more, but no more than that. Anyway, he decides to try to trip the Keeper with water:

[Will:4]
And he manages to command the forces of the lake. The water flows out of it!

[Thrakor dex:5+1=6]
[Keeper dex:6+1-1=6]

And they flow towards the stone giant, who barely manages to step out of the flow, which, while not strong, could have made it lose balance. Visibly angry, the Keeper attempts to do something!

[Keeper will:6+2=8!]
It unfolds its arms, and stabs the ground with its fingers. With an audible roar, he lifts his hands, and two huge chunks of stone are ripped form the ground! Each of them at one of the sides of the Sphess Wizard.

The giant then motions, with the intent of crushing Thrakor between those two boulders:

[Keeper dex:5+1=6]
[Thrakor dex:4+1-1=4]

Thrakor doesn't manage to get away in time, and the two platforms crush him from the sides, shattering his midsection and sending all his limbs and his head flying around! A spinning mess is all that Thrakor can see before the magic abandons his body, an he enters the eternal slumber...

Thrakor, the Space Wizard, has been killed by the Keeper of the Grove. The Keeper gains 6 points, and now has a value of 14! Robert now perceives it as a worthy foe.

From the shards of Thrakor, a line of white smoke arises, and enters the giant's chest. Its face is unchanged, but it begins to use its mental power to begin fixing all the mess that is the Greenhouse Room.

Heh heh heh.

DO STUFF! (Sorry for the delay, exams and Fallout 4 are... pretty effective distraction)

[Bigf01t spd:5]
[Hydra spd:4]

Bigf01t finally uses his magic mojo, and attempts an action that could prove effective:

[Pot:1+1=2]
He think he just heard something moaning. Or at least complaining. He isn't really sure.

At least he still has his old, trusty, stabby friend:

[Bigf01t dex:4+1=5]
[Hydra dex:4]

[Bigf01t str:2]

[Hydra will:5] ((One soul damage, which, at a regeneration of 1 per turn, means that there are no changes))

He slightly pokes it in one of its sides, the beast not liking that at all, and instead opting for biting Bigf01t, multiple times if possible:

[Hydra dex:2]
[Bigf01t dex:3]
He ducks as the maw of teeth goes for his neck, but there are still two more heads to dodge:

[Hydra dex:3]
[Bigf01t dex:4+1-1=4]
And the bird head finds open space where one of his arms used to be. Now the final, mammalian head comes into scene:

[Hydra dex:1-1=0]
[Bigf01t dex:3-1=2]

But by the time it arrives, Bigf01t has jumped back and is quite away from it. The abomination growls.

Quote from: NAV
NO ACTION

TNI keeps roaring, as a chill goes down his unnatural biometal spine.

The Ghostly Wizard appears in the SW hallway. The sheet with improvised holes for his eyes he is currently wearing is scary, he thinks. It is actually not.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

GM's comments: balance change

So, due to the fact that control essentially is a limited way of using some pool each turn, I'm reducing the amount of times it can be used to one control action every two turns. This should hopefully conserve its usefulness, while not allowing for an extra action each turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Crushed!
« Reply #2713 on: November 15, 2015, 02:00:29 pm »

Even more unhappy now, Sadfaec tries to focus potency. It's hard, but he finds a way to concentrate his despair into something that might be able to help him out of this slump.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Crushed!
« Reply #2714 on: November 15, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »

Okay, my costume might not be scary, but I bet this will be!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 197