Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317306 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Bad luck and wounds, as usual.
« Reply #2745 on: December 18, 2015, 08:12:22 pm »

Are we still missing 2 players?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 18, 2015, 08:45:08 pm »

Beirus asked me to wait for him because he was having some difficulties. Also, finals on my part. After monday I will be able to update with more frequency.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 19, 2015, 08:43:02 pm »

Still, although you can't update, some players are missing right?
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 19, 2015, 09:09:31 pm »

((If you don't get anything from me by around noon tomorrow, feel free to skip me. Thought I already sent something, but I guess the forum ate it and I don't have enough time to send another action till I get out of work.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: So many ones it got disgusting. Waitlisters still happy.
« Reply #2749 on: December 21, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »

Turn 138

"This is not good."

"Osntitum Ternte...?"

Try to get the Ghostly Wizard instead of myself this time.

Let's try some other things...

[Marky spd:6-1-2=3]
[Redz spd:1-1=0]
["Ghostly" spd:1-1=0]

Marky tries to fend off is attacker with more magic:

[Marky pot:2+1=3]

You don't know what were you thinking when you pronounced those words, but for some reason thought that the portion of the floor beneath the possessed guy would be the best thing that could be transformed into a hazardous material. Fortunately, a small portion of it begun to glow, and transformed into a small pool of acid.

[Ghostly dex:4-1=3]

But the demonically enhanced mind of the Ghostly Wizard managed to make him move before the pool of acid was stepped into.

Spd tie:

[Redz spd:4-1=3]
["Ghostly" spd:2-1=1]

Redz tries yet again to hit the odd fellow's leg:

[Redz dex:3+1=4]
["Ghostly" dex:2-1=1]

[Redz str:3-1=2]

This time the kick has at least some strength behind to cause some kind of annoying pain. The crazed visage of the fellow under the sheet remains unchanged, but the pain receptors in is body should still work, right? Anyway, time to do magic:

[Redz pot:1+1=2]

You think you just caught a glimpse of something purple, a gas maybe? You are not sure. The maddened guy tries to attack Marky.

["Ghostly" pot:2+1=3]

A blob of something dark and somewhat transparent materializes between the possessed man and Marky, and begins to pull everything in its direction:

[Marky str:1-1=0]
["Ghostly" str:2-1=1]

And the pull takes Marky unaware, and more than half his arm is sucked into the vortex. Oddly enough, the crazy fellow couldn't resist it totally, and so has his left hand sucked into it.

Marky has lost two thirds of his right arm:
[Bleeding II]
Can't dual wield.

And, worse of all, the lunatic of the purple carvings doesn't seem to be willing to stop. This is going to be a bloody fight.

This is dumb

Focus potency

With great sadness

Your personal flavour for focusing potency has been changed from the default Dragon Ball parody to crying like a child.

So, you now will basically cry a lot. Starting now.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Summon a biometal control hat. I will use that to fix my head. Say each word twice.
Y-674 Antatnitur + Y-771 Ruant + Y-545 Oner + Y-674 Antatnitur + Y-771 Ruant + Y-545 Oner.

You cast a spell twice in the same sentence. Why? Not even you are sure, as if you wanted to increase the effectiveness of your spell you could have easily burned your excess magic mojo. But, who cares about that? Better to just know the results:

[Pot:1-1=0]
[Will:2-1-1=0]

Your head starts to glow, golden particles being shot out of it, an overcharge of uncontrollable magical energy taking hold of the very place where your thought processes are done. The biometal dragon shakes, rolls, and just moves erratically, futilely trying to shake off the effect, to no avail. Even the biometal face of the dragon manages to show the desperation of this dire situation, quite a feat, considering that reptiles are not very expressive and that biometal seems to give elements some kind of artificial and otherworldly vibe. With a bright flash of light, his head transforms into a hat. A fedora, to be precise, made from the same biometal that makes the rest of the body. And, just with that change, the rest of the body drops to the ground, motionless, even lifeless.

TNI has killed himself. His power goes to no one.

Quote from: Illgeo
PM

More science!

[Pot:2]
You briefly see a spark of something octariney.

[Pot:1]
[Will:2]
Your right leg begins to glow intensely, and then the uniform glowing is replaced by flickering, like a malfunctioning light bulb. With a flash of light, it becomes solid steel. Solid, lifeless steel. Geez, this is uncomfortable.

Right leg is inert steel:
-1 to speed and dex
Further -1 to spd due to added weight

Maybe, with that flesh controlling thing you have, you could do something. But you are certain that you will need more mass to regain your former body. And not only flesh, as bone and blood are important components of an standard body.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The tribal fiend tries something:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A huge amount of that black substance that cancels matter appears. Logically, you can't touch it due to the repulsive force covering on your body. This means that, even if it has any special effects, you can't use them. Oh, well, at least the substance is not going to waste, the other guy in the room seems to have found the pull quite strong:

[Lemon str:1-1=0]

And it is strong, indeed, as the humanoid creature is pulled towards the vortex, while he clumsily tries to get  proper hold of the smooth stone floor. Both of his legs are swallowed by the substance, and both them and the substance cease their existences. The steel leg disappears without trouble, but the flesh one leaves a gaping wound behind. It appears that some means of cauterization is going to be necessary to prevent death from blood loss.

Missing both legs:
-2 to dex and spd
You are permanently [On ground]

You also have [Heavy bleeding 3/3]

Suddenly the intense heat coming from the magma moat doesn't seem like a curse any more.

((I had to put both of you into combat. Not because there was any actual intention of harming, but because the harm was done.))

Oh feck.

Step back from my most hideous quarry and use my !!MAGICAL WILL POWARS!! to summon my shield back to my hand! The Force Style!

If I still have the capability (haven't "done too much"), (counter)attack as pertinent after I have my shield again.

[Bigf01t spd:6]
[Hydra spd:5]

The Hydra decides to charge forwards, but Bigf01t is faster, and, while walking backwards, he extends his arm towards his shield, and uses his mental powers to summon it back!

[Bigf01t will:1]
Unfortunately for him, he exerts a little too much force, and the shield comes flying at an alarming speed towards him!

[Bigf01t dex:4]
But he ducks and the shield is deflected by his metallic surface. Phew! Unfortunately, it still lies away.

And, to make things worse, here comes the Hydra, the three heads attempting to bite him once again:

[Hydra dex:5]
[Bigf01t dex:1+1-1=1]

[Hydra str:5-1=4]

The obsidian teeth of the lupine head sink into Bigf01t's chest, getting a firm grip. Now it's the turn of the avian head:

[Hydra dex:4-1=3]
[Bigf01t dex:3-1-2=0]

[Hydra str:3-2=1]
The second head's bite has less force, but still manages to get hold of one of Bigf01t's sides.

Now comes the final head:

[Hydra dex:6-2-3=1]
[Bigf01t dex:4+1-2-2=1]

But fortunately the maw of teeth is too destroyed to try to bite properly, and instead just bounces against his metallic flesh.

Bigf01t tries to break free from these horrendous heads!

[Bigf01t str:4+1=5]
[Hydra str:1]

Fortunately for him, the heads were not very strong, with them having not so strong grasps on his torso. He twisted the lupine head until it released him, and the avian head was easily punched away.

Unfortunately, all this biting left his torso [Slightly mauled]

Well, time to counter attack:

[Bigf01t dex:1]
[Hydra dex:4]

But the Hydra seems to be expecting this. It quickly dodges Bigf01t's mediocre stab and lunges with its tentacle arms for Bigf01t's legs:

[Hydra dex:3]
[Bigf01t dex:1]

And they manage to get a hold of his ankles! Now, it tries to pull him to the ground:

[Hydra str:6]
[Bigf01t str:3]

A swift pull is all that is needed to bring the Phantom Swordsman to the ground.

Bigf01t is now [On ground] and wrestling.

Suddenly, the future doesn't seem so bright for Bigf01t.

endlessblaze appears in the Greenhouse Room. The room is totally repaired, like if nothing had happened.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Possessed by Entropy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Cry Myself into Self-Control

Repeat the last words I tried

It should still be in PM.

Seriously my luck is the shittiest
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

And this...
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

blazing glory

Try to stumble away to somewhere else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hooray, I'm next (maybe?) on the waitlist! If things go well, I might be able to get two murderghosts into play at once. That'll be fun!

Edit: Taking suggestions on which theme word to do. I sacrifice my life to science so you don't have to!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:13:16 pm by Elephant Parade »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Edit: Taking suggestions on which theme word to do. I sacrifice my life to science so you don't have to!

Sacrifice your life to candy. You know you want to...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacrifice your life to candy. You know you want to...

I don't think candy can take over, unfortunately. I'll include candy in the spell, though.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

I've been waiting for my luck to run out this whole fight. (Will edit in a turn later, hopefully. Limited internet access over Christmas)
EDIT: Said would edit in, made new post anyway. I've sent a PM regardless
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:08:40 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, everybody shouldn't be so occupied now, so it should be a good time to remember half the players that they should post an action. PMs have been sent.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

pm
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 197