Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213192 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »

Woah o_O
I know it was a question, did I word it to seem aggressive? I didn't mean it that way..
And to answer your questions: I know it was a pressure vote.  I was simply questioning it.
Mhmm! :I
The reason they are technical oriented, the one that I have posed to you directly, is because that was all I could think of at the time to ask you.
Mmh? I mean the one that had Everyone, on it.
But I get your gist.

Here's a more in-game question: RangerCado hasn't even responded to my question yet, so why did you decide to question my question.  That wasn't even my final question, it was a confused comment before I realized what it meant.  You could have quoted my final question to him, which was almost the same, just with a little more actual digging, but instead you quote that.  Why?
...You could say 'Wait for Cado's answer to my question before receiving mine', if that's the thinking behind it.
But the lynch vote thing? It was a general prod given how the wording plays out and I was curious about your thinking (given how I was impressed at your first-stageplay in the BM).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »

Woah o_O
I know it was a question, did I word it to seem aggressive? I didn't mean it that way..
And to answer your questions: I know it was a pressure vote.  I was simply questioning it.
Mhmm! :I
The reason they are technical oriented, the one that I have posed to you directly, is because that was all I could think of at the time to ask you.
Mmh? I mean the one that had Everyone, on it.
But I get your gist.

Here's a more in-game question: RangerCado hasn't even responded to my question yet, so why did you decide to question my question.  That wasn't even my final question, it was a confused comment before I realized what it meant.  You could have quoted my final question to him, which was almost the same, just with a little more actual digging, but instead you quote that.  Why?
...You could say 'Wait for Cado's answer to my question before receiving mine', if that's the thinking behind it.
But the lynch vote thing? It was a general prod given how the wording plays out and I was curious about your thinking (given how I was impressed at your first-stageplay in the BM).

Oh, you wanted me to answer about the everybody one.  That was a highly technical question, and one that later turned out to be poorly phrased and inaccurate in it's assumptions.  I asked it for the sake of myself and any other newer players who wanted to know how the time length changing would change the gameplay.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2014, 08:56:30 pm »

Mh, ok!
Well in regard to time length, remember that most people live in a timezone different from yours (...if in Asia :I) and most people live in a timezone really near yours (Europe/America).
The problem however, lies in what the content of posts exist-what conflicts occur, and how deep queries and their answers to. It's highly subjective (y'know, to me) because there are also times when people...have RL stuffs (ie exams/work) holding them up, and thus can't post as much. There are also times wherein those days happen on 'everyone is free' days and activity rushes out the pipes, and a conclusion is reached.

So yeah. Wording!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »

4mask:
Also, Tiruin, the thing about the BM was a QUESTION!  I was not attempting to insinuate that you were not playing the game: I knew you were.

This all seems rather defensive.  Why are you being defensive this early?

Tiruin:  Sleeping is no excuse!

Toaster
> So...what's the yes there is?

...Dark humor .__. Erh, technical question; what's the difference between dark humor and black humor (which I keep on hearing from Game of Thrones...which is somehow funny for me D:)

The "yes there is" is in response to this:

I figure there's something behind why you asked me such a question, yes?

And I use dark humor and black humor interchangeably.  If there's a difference, I'm not aware.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »

Tiruin:  Sleeping is no excuse!
I was...meditating! While probably clearing my throat. I forget.

Ms President NQT
Scum are rarely lynched Day 1: anything you think we could do to maximise that chance?
Pullin' out of context: Does the first statement have any relation to the lynch?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »

Toaster: To be defensive was not my intent.  My sole intent was to divine Tiruin's intent in questioning me, which was promptly answered.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »

((This post was made mostly while I was at school and now recently after clearing up a few things for starting the second term in a week or so... and distractions in another board.))

NQT: All I know, from the on BM game I lasted half a day in, is that apparently MAstahCheese is an avid scumhunter as town.  No lurking there.
Now, what are you going to do about the fact that you are a big target for any kill roles.

RangerCado: Pleasure to meet you too.  I think that the scumhunt takes precedence, but... I'm reading through the OP and can't find any mention of a puzzle... can someone tell me what that means, it was mentioned at the beginning of the game.  For the mafia types, staying under wraps and not slipping up is the most important thing.  I'm actually not convinced that there aren't four mafia roles: just because there are at least three does not mean there aren't more.  Slightly-bastard game, so that wouldn't bu unheard of.
Also, who said there are mages?  As far as I know and NQT surmised in his rather hypothetical post of possible roles, there aren't any mages.  Are you, perhaps, a rock mage?
I made the mages comment as the book was called Dark Rituals of Rock Summoning. We could be facing disguised demons or some student cult for all we know, I just went with a universal term for magic user.
Also, did you just lynch vote MOWE?
No. During the start of a game, I usually throw my vote on someone to get some info and get a starting place. Hence the start of most games being called the Random Voting Stage or RVS.
Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?
Generally, it all depends. If we're not getting anywhere on the first day, we may need the extra time, but this extra time could allow the scum team to escape suspicions their under... this may be getting into WIFOM territory.

MyOwnWorstEnemy: What is your favorite town, mafia, and third party role? Why? And how do you like to use their abilities if any?
RangerCado: how did you choose who to vote for?
He was the only name I recognized but had not played with before. Its usually how my RVS goes where I just pick someone on a quirk I notice.

RangerCado: What reasoning went into the lynch vote on MOWE?
Twice now this assumption of it being a lynch vote. Why exactly are you assuming this? I voted him as he was an unfamiliar player, but i recognized the name. RVS is also a thing.

Ranger, my preferred roles are investigative roles. I like to know things. Why are you asking me this? You know my alignment, so why go through the motions? (As for useless questions, before you posted I'd agree with your Tiruin assessment, but you would have known that already).
Best to go through the motions anyway NQT, just my thoughts there. Should I not scum hunt you in a B. Mod where anything could be possible? I also have a hunch of something that may be the key to this... and its a bit unnerving.

Quote from: Tiruin
What kind of patterns are you looking for?
Why ask us in trios? Why did you group me with them, and also the rest with the rest?
I’m just asking a question I thought of. I wanted to get the post out before the stress of my last test I had to do today got to me, and I didn’t have many questions come to mind. I went down the list in the OP, picking out the others for the reasons in their questions.

Questions coming either later today, or in the morning as I'm just trying to relax today.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 10:46:39 pm »

4maskwolf
Mastahcheese: you are the doctor and have two obvious choices: a confirmed townie or an unconfirmed but claimed cop.  Which one do you try to protect?
Depends on how much heat the two of them had. If I were a jailkeeper, then I wouldn't block the cop, otherwise whoever was the loudest.

Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?
I thought this was normal? If it's not, I've been paying terrible attention.

El Presidente notquitethere
Cheese
notquitethere: So you're confirmed Not Evil. If some strange circumstance occurred that would label you as Evil, what would you do?
If there was a cult, you mean? I'd continue to play to the best of my ability. Do you have any reason to believe there is a cult yet?
Well, I'm not sure what would cause it. I don't really know the non-standard roles. And no, I have no reason to suspect the presence of a cult.

RangerCado
mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Toaster: How big of an affect do you think the mentioned items will have on the game? Could they be the key to solving the puzzle, or a distraction for Town?
I have literally no idea.

And as for the seemingling baseless questioning towards your vote, how do we know you don't have some ability that affects people you merely vote for? That could be a powerful ability if it exists.

Speaking of which...
Tiruin!
What is your reasoning behind your vote for TheDarkStar? NQT and Leafsnail both have excusable reasons behind their votes, what is yours?

Master Cheddar
Tiruin: You're the doctor/jail keeper or doctor/jail keeper equivalent. You protected a person in the night, but they got killed anyway. Now what?
Let me put my response in rhetoric, behind the guise of two speakers.
Spoiler: What I will say (click to show/hide)
I can't give more of a definite poke unless...you give a time of day. :P
Why explicitly a doc/jailkeep?
That's an interesting way to put it.
As for "Why explicitly a doc/jailkeep?" is because those are the only roles I know that do that stuff. What others are there?

TheDarkStar
Are you scum again?

Leafsnail
Why the sudden suspicion on RangerCado?

HissihnWalnuts
Don't worry about lingo or jargon or whatever. I don't know half of it, myself.

Caz
You still aren't here yet.

MyOwnWorstEnemy
What are your initial thoughts toward the vote on you?

Toaster
I have nothing to say to you.

makeinu
What the heck are doing? Are you failing miserably to be subtle in a roleclaim or something? You're better than this. Get in here, you bum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2014, 10:51:04 pm »

Hissinhwalnuts is confused by the all the random questions considering the game hasn't started. the questions have no meaning to the game so far.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:53:42 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2014, 10:51:54 pm »

Why is everyone confusing role-play with a role-claim?

For the record, dealing with a personal crisis. I'll be in here when I have the chance.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

Hissinhwalnuts is confused by the all the random questions considering the game hasn't started.
Yes it has.

Why is everyone confusing role-play with a role-claim?

For the record, dealing with a personal crisis. I'll be in here when I have the chance.
No excuses!
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2014, 11:16:52 pm »

MastahCheese: I have already acknowledged that I was mistaken about the time frame assumption.

HissihnWalnuts: The period of day one questioning is the norm in mafia. It's a time to try to make the scum slip up and do a reveal, even if that rarely happens. There are also questions about gameplay style, which are, as far as I can tell, is a way to piece together a picture of the other person's playstyle so that they have a better idea of what is a scum tell from you. I'm not entirely sure on that, though.

Makeinu: the reason it was seen as a role claim is that the current consensus is that there is some sort of flirt character in the game, which caused everyone to jump on that as a role-claim. If you were a beginner, I would be inclined to agree, but you aren't, which leads to an irritating mental WIFOM. My point is: don't be surprised they made a possible miscue.

RangerCado: thank you for the explanation, though I had already concluded that that was what you were doing. A question: since items are in the game, do you think that there are roles capable of interacting with items?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2014, 11:19:45 pm »

MC
What is your reasoning behind your vote for TheDarkStar? NQT and Leafsnail both have excusable reasons behind their votes, what is yours?
To further my point! :D
I really wanna know how he thinks (and..to give an obvious tip: the reason is in the context)
TheDarkStar
Are you scum again?
what kind of question is this.
Toaster
This sounds mean and...whuh?

As for "Why explicitly a doc/jailkeep?" is because those are the only roles I know that do that stuff. What others are there?
That protect or block? Roleblocker.
As for the question: I was asking why the specificities?

Hissinhwalnuts is confused by the all the random questions considering the game hasn't started. the questions have no meaning to the game so far.
H. Walnuts

..No meaning? What do you mean by "no meaning". Can you not see related parts in the questions?

pfp

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »

H.Walnuts, you should really look at a few mafia games before posting, unless you are trying to use the guise of inexperience as a shield.

In case you don't know, a name in read is a hammer vote, be it a pressure vote or not, and a name in blue means that the person in question is under the finger of suspicion.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2014, 11:26:27 pm »

MC
To further my point! :D
I really wanna know how he thinks (and..to give an obvious tip: the reason is in the context)
Reasonable.

TheDarkStar
Are you scum again?
what kind of question is this.
A question to be answered. Duh.

Toaster
This sounds mean and...whuh?
It's not mean, it's honest. I pulled up everyone's names (I think, there's a lot) and realized I have nothing to question him on yet.

That protect or block? Roleblocker.
As for the question: I was asking why the specificities?

I'm sorry, but I'm confused, did I not already answer this?
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 112