Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213238 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 2
« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:49 pm »

Everyone but Nerjin: Does anyone else have a useless item they would rather be rid of?  I suppose I could arrange that.

Yeah! I have a book. It supposedly gives powers, but it did nothing useful for me. Will trade for joke item.

If the power isn't anything like "kill a dozen people" or something dangerous like that, can I have it? If we're lucky, it should fulfill at least part of my wincon. In return, I have an item you might find useful.

Nerjin: Votecount, please?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 19, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »

Everyone but Nerjin: Does anyone else have a useless item they would rather be rid of?  I suppose I could arrange that.

Yeah! I have a book. It supposedly gives powers, but it did nothing useful for me. Will trade for joke item.
What powers does it supposedly give?  And does it need burning?

It's a book of forbidden spells. Apparently if the bad wizards get ahold of it, we're screwed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:09 pm »

It's a book of forbidden spells. Apparently if the bad wizards get ahold of it, we're screwed.
Okay then.  I'll burn it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 19, 2014, 10:28:36 pm »

What kind of bad things? The world is about to end, so I'm not sure what could we worse than that. Also, I doubt that it would prevent the rest of you from winning - but it might help me get my wincon fulfilled (although I'm not sure about that, considering that there's nothing about it in my role PM).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 19, 2014, 10:38:43 pm »

I just realized something.

4maskwolf is a mage (wizard).
His role says he is a teenager as far as I can remember.
All teenagers are evil.

What happens if he gets the book? Does it fulfill a wincon for him?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 19, 2014, 10:46:20 pm »

I received an item for the day, but I would rather hold onto it. For reasons. I also think I may know who gave it to me, but I am unsure.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 20, 2014, 01:39:32 am »

Why are you all so intent on going after Cado just to see what happens when both Evil and summoners are lynched? You guys are overlooking a lot of stuff because you're just concerned with "Ooh! let's see what happens!" He isn't the only summoner. He isn't the only bad guy out there. I'm not saying he's a bad person to lynch, but why are you all focusing on him just because of his confession? Yes, he's the only one who's confessed, but he's not the only one. I am seeing minimal hunting in this game. For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?

How do we know that the Evil people aren't town? The 'Good' could be the mafia. Web himself said that "all teenagers are evil". NQT said something bad would happen on his death, but nothing has.
He didn't say something bad will happen-he used foresight to see what would happen based on something something flavor in role stuff. As far as I know.

Next: Test this 'evil people are town' by lynching either Leafsnail or TDS! Hey, look at me being apparent! It worked for them!

If the power isn't anything like "kill a dozen people" or something dangerous like that, can I have it? If we're lucky, it should fulfill at least part of my wincon. In return, I have an item you might find useful.

Nerjin: Votecount, please?
Such audacity. Why I never.

I just realized something.

4maskwolf is a mage (wizard).
His role says he is a teenager as far as I can remember.
All teenagers are evil.

What happens if he gets the book? Does it fulfill a wincon for him?
The level of obfuscation is very high in this one.
Hey, dude. They announced it as a joke. Just because you are stated Evil doesn't mean you can easily apply that generality as a factual mechanic.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 20, 2014, 07:43:37 am »

Why are you all so intent on going after Cado just to see what happens when both Evil and summoners are lynched? You guys are overlooking a lot of stuff because you're just concerned with "Ooh! let's see what happens!" He isn't the only summoner. He isn't the only bad guy out there. I'm not saying he's a bad person to lynch, but why are you all focusing on him just because of his confession? Yes, he's the only one who's confessed, but he's not the only one. I am seeing minimal hunting in this game. For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?

How do we know that the Evil people aren't town? The 'Good' could be the mafia. Web himself said that "all teenagers are evil". NQT said something bad would happen on his death, but nothing has.
He didn't say something bad will happen-he used foresight to see what would happen based on something something flavor in role stuff. As far as I know.

Next: Test this 'evil people are town' by lynching either Leafsnail or TDS! Hey, look at me being apparent! It worked for them!

Or, of course, lynch the other Evil guy (RangerCado). Why are you so opposed to lynching him?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 20, 2014, 09:02:27 am »

Isn't this what we're doing by lynching RangerCado?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 20, 2014, 10:40:42 am »

Tiruin:
So what, you accept his claim at face value?
And you don't, given this sort of snarkwithoutanybacking? It's practically obvious that I do given what I wrote. PS: It's backed up, unlike what you seem to be going at.

What I meant is just because he's claimed all that doesn't mean he's not hostile to the rest of us.  You're too willing to buy that.

What does this even mean?
> I saw no 'very negative' statement. What you said was a generalizing term in order to shift the principle of the situation. Saying I responded 'very negatively' without showing what exactly I said is a pretty huge point to say, no?

I did point it out, in the post you're quoting here.

You mean this?
No I don't mean that one you bloody snarker. If I had more damn time to sink into this I'd slap the post in a link right in your face for that.

You better, because I don't see any other questions from you.

This.  So much this.  SO MUCH THIS.  Tiruin, I see you do this every single game you play in.  Any time anyone starts poking you, you start acting hurt and insulted like someone just slapped your mother.  It's a game- we are going after Game Tiruin, not RL Tiruin.
Aww, "every" <3
I love how I'm labelled by the way. So much that! So much every game!
I love how you made that metaphor too! It is insulting!

PS: You do notice my differences here, right? You surely can't see how superficial you're being, right? I wonder how nobody else can see that.
Well, only if they can look past their damn noses and stop lazing around on their 'lacking wincon'.

I'm being dead serious when I say this.  I'm not trying to insult you; it's true that you're taking this (including the statement of pointing it out) too seriously.  It's a game; chill out.

Okay, yeah, you're not getting my point on you.  See above.
*looks above*
Because I'd rather lynch Ranger for the wealth of information his lynch will give.
Which is?
This game-you always fail to detail your proposed 'point' for some reason, then allude and generalize what your prods to others may be. Why?

Because it's bloody obvious, that's why.  TDS and Leaf claimed evil.  Ranger claimed evil AND summoner.  Test both at once!

Oh wait, I did say it:
Why aren't we lynching RangerCado?  Evil and meteor summoner- since we actually do have flips, lynching him will be very informative.

And earlier, directly to you:

Tiruin:
It is, actually.

3 people claimed Evil. This denotes that 'hey, why would they claim if its all in truth? Pretty strange.'

What a Cado lynch says would bias against those who had the 'Evil' point in their PMs. "Evil; thus Meteor Summoner"

What either a TDS/LS lynch would confirm is 'Evil is a subjective point and some of the Non Evils lied' if they aren't summoners, and if they are...Well.

We don't know what, if anything, flips on death.  Lynching Ranger has the advantage of testing multiple things.  If he flips Evil, great, that must be what we're after.  If he flips Meteor Summoner, ditto.  If he doesn't flip at all, I ask for a replacement.  (Not really, but I usually don't like no-flip games.)

Basically, what TDS said.

And here:

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

Cado is evil AND a meteor summoner.  Testing two things at once!

So don't tell me I haven't said why when I've done it multiple times.

I'm really beginning to think all this evil/not evil/good stuff is a giant red herring and we're all misleading ourselves, a process Web set up on purpose.  He gave us rope so we could hang ourselves, so to speak.  Remember, Web hosted three games called "Don't Outguess the Mod."
Awww, really? How?
We haven't lynched an Evil-confirmed member yet. How sure are you that this is a stated implication?
And remember: using metaknowledge got NQT KILLED more than not (and its bad, obviously).

Hence why I want Ranger lynched.

That's really my point with that- we tried to outguess the mod which resulted in an NQT lynch, which certainly appears to have been a mistake.

Because you kept harping on it.  It clearly triggered something in you; otherwise, you wouldn't be so sarcastic at me.  The triple repetition of "totally get behind" is an excellent example of this.
Wow. Really? You exclaim THIS kind of sarcasm to what my first mention was? I sarcasmed at it because it didn't bloody matter
 at initial thought, and next: I thought you were missing my point which was SO much mentioned IN DAY ONE.
That you didn't try harder.
The note that you keep on pushing it clearly speaks to me that you don't bloody care at all, and really wish instead to 'make a point' without getting the post in itself and showing where exactly I deviated.
Did you even possibly ask why I did so? No, you hyperbole'd up the situation and preferred to make a point instead of bloody listen to me.
So maybe you can see how 'negative' my reaction towards it is. I don't like people who easily conclude without any backing--doubly so when I sense that it isn't in that person's nature to throw shots like that when they didn't do much beforehand, in that context.

This format-filled post just digs your hole further.

I'm now thinking it's less complicated than we players have made it out to be, so I'm now going for maximum information by lynching Ranger.
Maximum information like what?! Detail to me in a list how lynching Cado is evidently MORE better than doing in Leafsnail or TDS.

Detail?  Detail what?  All three claimed evil.  Ranger has claimed summoner, while the other two have not.  There is literally no other detail.  That's it, all done, no more.

Yeah, we're lynching a summoner--then what?
AND what happens when a claimed meteor summoner is lynched.
...You don't expect they'll..y'know, 'get lynched'? As in, not be able to 'go to class'? Because that's what I expect. Pull what happened to NQT to what'll happen to the lynch today.

Then we go off his flip.

And they're out of the game- lynched, expelled, kicked out of class; it's all fluff for the same effect.

Since you're so big on honesty, tell me how RangerCado figures into your wincon.

Mastahcheese:  Fair answer, but you misunderstood me:  I meant the possibility of there not being a team at all, instead of there being a team without a kill.

MOWE:
Can we please stop a second and think things through?

So what's your suggestion?  All attempts at eating you failed, so I'm out of ideas in that regard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:10 pm »

Explain this. I really dislike the way this is put. It's the sort of thing that I'd expect scum to say, not from town to another town, since the three evil have claimed. Unless there are more then three evil people. Explain it, because you just gained a lot of mistrust from me now. If we didn't have 3 people already claim evil, I'd be all over your ass for this, so you'd better damn well explain yourself.

Mastahcheese:  Fair answer, but you misunderstood me:  I meant the possibility of there not being a team at all, instead of there being a team without a kill.
The odds of there being no team? Just 3, completely unassociated evil players? I suppose that a possibility. It seemed to me that our three evils were all fairly clueless of each other before they started claiming. So maybe that's a possibility.
How about you answer this question, then: What do you think are the odds that there are more then three evil people, associated or not, Toaster?
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:03 pm »

Mastahcheese:
Explain this. I really dislike the way this is put. It's the sort of thing that I'd expect scum to say, not from town to another town, since the three evil have claimed. Unless there are more then three evil people. Explain it, because you just gained a lot of mistrust from me now. If we didn't have 3 people already claim evil, I'd be all over your ass for this, so you'd better damn well explain yourself.

As in she's continuing to attract my attention by her overreaction to an offhand comment.  The prospect of being inspected clearly has set her off into a very reactive mood.  My guess is she's another meteor summoner who is trying to get attention off her buddy Ranger.

If she had just ignored or blown off my comment, I'd be long past it.  Instead, she continues to make a huge deal out of it.

Having said that, what makes you so sure that you want to go after evil people instead of meteor summoners?  Do you think there is a correlation between the two, or that evil is the real threat, or what?

The odds of there being no team? Just 3, completely unassociated evil players? I suppose that a possibility. It seemed to me that our three evils were all fairly clueless of each other before they started claiming. So maybe that's a possibility.
How about you answer this question, then: What do you think are the odds that there are more then three evil people, associated or not, Toaster?

My question really falls flat since you are extremely convinced that the evil people are the threat and nothing else matters.  I meant something more like X number of independent entities who are hostile to the rest of the players, with no guaranteed correlation to alignment.

Could there be more evil people?  I don't see why not.  That said, I figure if there is a standard scum team at play here, three is by far the most likely number of members it has.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »

Having said that, what makes you so sure that you want to go after evil people instead of meteor summoners?  Do you think there is a correlation between the two, or that evil is the real threat, or what?
-snip-
My question really falls flat since you are extremely convinced that the evil people are the threat and nothing else matters.  I meant something more like X number of independent entities who are hostile to the rest of the players, with no guaranteed correlation to alignment.

Could there be more evil people?  I don't see why not.  That said, I figure if there is a standard scum team at play here, three is by far the most likely number of members it has.
It seems you haven't been paying attention to what I've said regarding myself. I've stated before that my role strongly suggests that I have a wincon of "defeat evil", therefore, as far as my character seems to be concerned, evil is the only issue. Maybe there are others, but I don't really care as far as what my implied wincon would suggest.
And no, I don't think that there is any correlation between evil and meteor summoners, that's why we have one person who's claimed evil and meteor summoner, and two people to claim only evil. My guess is that there are either,
1. Another evil team, possibly 2 evil teams that are keeping quiet, heck, maybe even the 3 evil people aren't even in their own team! They could all be members of other, separated evils for all we know! Has anyone thought of that?
2. The meteor summoners have nothing to do with evil, and it just ended up that one of the summoners also rolled evil.

What are your thoughts toward those two possibilities?
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #1093 on: February 20, 2014, 05:03:26 pm »

[[Who got called into work before he could end the day? This guy. Day extended until 5PM tomorrow.]]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 20, 2014, 08:48:53 pm »

Mastahcheese:  You are correct; I had forgotten about that.  Consider my objections dropped on that matter.

In regards to your possibilities, I strongly suspect #2 is the case.  It's certainly possible there are some unclaimed evils, but there's not much to do about that at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 112