Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212877 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 2
« Reply #1095 on: February 21, 2014, 04:00:39 pm »

Toaster:
MOWE:
Can we please stop a second and think things through?

So what's your suggestion?  All attempts at eating you failed, so I'm out of ideas in that regard.

I suggest actively trying to find the rest of the scum instead of just going along with it like it's the only choice. I ask that everyone take into consideration everything that's happening, like an Evil person convincing everyone to lynch the confirmed Not Evil person just because he was confirmed Not Evil. I'm not against a Cado lynch, but I'd like people to actually think about things before they do them.
All y'all voting Cado:
Do you have reasons to vote Cado other than the fact that he's the only claimed Evil meteor summoner? If so, please enlighten me.

Mastahcheese:
Having said that, what makes you so sure that you want to go after evil people instead of meteor summoners?  Do you think there is a correlation between the two, or that evil is the real threat, or what?
-snip-
My question really falls flat since you are extremely convinced that the evil people are the threat and nothing else matters.  I meant something more like X number of independent entities who are hostile to the rest of the players, with no guaranteed correlation to alignment.

Could there be more evil people?  I don't see why not.  That said, I figure if there is a standard scum team at play here, three is by far the most likely number of members it has.
It seems you haven't been paying attention to what I've said regarding myself. I've stated before that my role strongly suggests that I have a wincon of "defeat evil", therefore, as far as my character seems to be concerned, evil is the only issue. Maybe there are others, but I don't really care as far as what my implied wincon would suggest.
And no, I don't think that there is any correlation between evil and meteor summoners, that's why we have one person who's claimed evil and meteor summoner, and two people to claim only evil. My guess is that there are either,
1. Another evil team, possibly 2 evil teams that are keeping quiet, heck, maybe even the 3 evil people aren't even in their own team! They could all be members of other, separated evils for all we know! Has anyone thought of that?
2. The meteor summoners have nothing to do with evil, and it just ended up that one of the summoners also rolled evil.

Precisely! Just like I'm sure that there has to be some kind of night kill ability that either the Evil or some other person has because my ability is directly related to aggressive attacks. Unless there's some other kind of aggressive actions, someone out there has to have the ability to kill (probably the Evil people). I think we'll find out tonight at the very least.

These theories make sense. Although I'm having trouble visualizing 1. So technically, they're all like third parties? I don't know. I just have a hard time imagining it. The summoners got together to summon the meteor. Odds are there's some kind of collaboration, or at the very least they know who each other are. This is the one thing I think Cado is lying about.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 21, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »

Do you have reasons to vote Cado other than the fact that he's the only claimed Evil meteor summoner? If so, please enlighten me.

Nope.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 21, 2014, 11:19:29 pm »

MOWE:
Toaster:
MOWE:

So what's your suggestion?  All attempts at eating you failed, so I'm out of ideas in that regard.

I suggest actively trying to find the rest of the scum instead of just going along with it like it's the only choice. I ask that everyone take into consideration everything that's happening, like an Evil person convincing everyone to lynch the confirmed Not Evil person just because he was confirmed Not Evil. I'm not against a Cado lynch, but I'd like people to actually think about things before they do them.
All y'all voting Cado:

I certainly can't argue that point, but I'll be honest here:  D1 was a confusing clusterfuck.  I've got a rock in the storm to cling on here with the Cado lynch, and I think it's the best option at this point.

That said, the extreme degree to which Tiruin is going to defend him is very noteworthy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 22, 2014, 12:33:52 am »

Do you really want me to list NQT's lies, Tiruin?  Why not just read his role PM and compare it to all those apocalyptic statements he made about what would happen when he died, or what would happen if he revealed his secret, or how he was totally sure he was part of the majority?  And then note that his role PM bears absolutely zero relation to all the bizarre bullshit he claimed during day one, and that no bad results have ensued following his death.

Care to share? Perhaps NQT lied about having info for us, but it looks like we'll never find out. Because he was lynched! You can't say it's a lie when there's nothing to actually prove it did or didn't happen. Yeah, it wasn't in the role PM, but Web or Nerjin could have given him information later on. Although I'm curious about what hidden piece of information you speak of. What juicy bit did you discover that none of us have? We were told that if we weren't specifically told that we were Evil, we are Not Evil.
NQT claimed that his information was in his role PM  (also "the moderators randomly decide to give a player info during day one" is not a thing that ever happens).  So yes, because his role PM (which we saw) does not contain the information that he claimed was in it, we know that NQT lied.

By "hidden information" I mean his item.  That was censored for no apparent reason.  That, to me, suggests that there is something sinister about the item - if it were innocent it could just flip with him like the rest of his role.  It may have been the thing that told him his actual win condition, and thus gave him the impetus to spout bullshit.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #1099 on: February 22, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »

"Oh no!" Shouted Vectoria as she jumped up from her desk and nearly dropping her book.

Surprised the students asked in unison "What's wrong?"

"I've left the oven at my house on for the last sixty days! I gotta go turn it off! I'll dismiss class when I get back!" With that she ran out of the room with all the speed of a rampaging kangaroo.

"... So uh... I guess we just keep going?" One student asked.

Day Mod Extended [for the last time] until Monday 24, 2014 5PM

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz -
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
(Extend Used) Leafsnail - MyOwnWorstEnemy, Tiriun, [2]
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
(Extend Used) RangerCado - Caz, Makeinu, TheDarkStar, Toaster, [4 - Lynch Leader]
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin - Leafsnail, [1]
Toaster -

Not Voting - 4maskwolf, Hapah, mastahcheese, RangerCado,

Day 2 will end on February 24, 2014 at 5PM
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 22, 2014, 09:17:36 pm »

Apparently, my ability went away with my item. I am no longer able to kill at night.

By "hidden information" I mean his item.  That was censored for no apparent reason.  That, to me, suggests that there is something sinister about the item - if it were innocent it could just flip with him like the rest of his role.  It may have been the thing that told him his actual win condition, and thus gave him the impetus to spout bullshit.

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that the identity of the item the person is holding is never revealed upon death. I think we'll find this out tonight.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 22, 2014, 09:53:25 pm »

Apparently, my ability went away with my item. I am no longer able to kill at night.

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that the identity of the item the person is holding is never revealed upon death. I think we'll find this out tonight.

Yeah, I don't think that it's likely that only one item gets censored.

Also, are things going to change between today and Monday? The discussion has slowed down a lot today, partly because we've figured some things out, but also because yesterday was about 60 pages long and there just isn't much to say until something happens.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 22, 2014, 11:50:25 pm »

Wait, so it was an item ability that lets you kill people?
That's totally different than what I thought you were saying.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 23, 2014, 12:09:29 am »

Wait, so it was an item ability that lets you kill people?
That's totally different than what I thought you were saying.

It's totally different than what I thought. Since everyone has been talking about their abilities versus those of their items, I thought it best to ask Nerjin. I didn't think it was my item that gave me the ability to be entirely honest.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:09 am »

So... do you have an ability that doesn't require an item? Or was that it?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 23, 2014, 01:23:48 pm »

Do you really want me to list NQT's lies, Tiruin?  Why not just read his role PM and compare it to all those apocalyptic statements he made about what would happen when he died, or what would happen if he revealed his secret, or how he was totally sure he was part of the majority?  And then note that his role PM bears absolutely zero relation to all the bizarre bullshit he claimed during day one, and that no bad results have ensued following his death.

Care to share? Perhaps NQT lied about having info for us, but it looks like we'll never find out. Because he was lynched! You can't say it's a lie when there's nothing to actually prove it did or didn't happen. Yeah, it wasn't in the role PM, but Web or Nerjin could have given him information later on. Although I'm curious about what hidden piece of information you speak of. What juicy bit did you discover that none of us have? We were told that if we weren't specifically told that we were Evil, we are Not Evil.
NQT claimed that his information was in his role PM  (also "the moderators randomly decide to give a player info during day one" is not a thing that ever happens).  So yes, because his role PM (which we saw) does not contain the information that he claimed was in it, we know that NQT lied.

Really, Leafsnail?  You are one of the former Kings of Mafia, yet you immediately assume after the first day that because an item didn't flip it was an evil item?  You have been relentless in attacking NQT, even after his removal from the game.  The way it was phrased I think it likely that no items will be revealed on flip.  Just because something COULD be misleading does not mean that it IS misleading.
It is indeed possible that his item had something to do with the information he claimed to have, or maybe he thought he had figured out the game when nobody else had.  Regardless, your claim that lynching NQT was a good idea has no basis in any of the facts revealed on his death.  Did you think that was your wincon?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 23, 2014, 09:10:29 pm »

Shortpost because ahahahamylyf.

YES, LEAFSNAIL. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO UTTERLY IMPLICATE HOW LYING IS THE NQT BY QUOTING, LINKING AND POSTING IT DOWN.
Because you never did so. You were nebulous, spurious and infactual--generally putting statements without a focused point, and offhandedly commenting the whole blasted day.

I would like FACTUAL proof from you. BACKED UP by statements of your own concern. STRIKE THROUGH those which do not apply.

Because I'd love to see you right. But you aren't working for it.

MOWE:
Toaster:
MOWE:

All y'all voting Cado:

I certainly can't argue that point, but I'll be honest here:  D1 was a confusing clusterfuck.  I've got a rock in the storm to cling on here with the Cado lynch, and I think it's the best option at this point.

That said, the extreme degree to which Tiruin is going to defend him is very noteworthy.
How shallow this poke is. So what if I 'defend' him? You gonna help me dig mah hole?

Mastahcheese:
This format-filled post just digs your hole further.
Explain this. I really dislike the way this is put. It's the sort of thing that I'd expect scum to say, not from town to another town, since the three evil have claimed. Unless there are more then three evil people. Explain it, because you just gained a lot of mistrust from me now. If we didn't have 3 people already claim evil, I'd be all over your ass for this, so you'd better damn well explain yourself.

As in she's continuing to attract my attention by her overreaction to an offhand comment.  The prospect of being inspected clearly has set her off into a very reactive mood.  My guess is she's another meteor summoner who is trying to get attention off her buddy Ranger.

If she had just ignored or blown off my comment, I'd be long past it.  Instead, she continues to make a huge deal out of it.

Having said that, what makes you so sure that you want to go after evil people instead of meteor summoners?  Do you think there is a correlation between the two, or that evil is the real threat, or what?
:I

Grabs shovel.
Implants.
Digs harder.
"Tell me when y'all will start looking past the superficial, because I'm diggin m'self away from this meteor! WATCH ME."

I am...disappointed. Meta on Toaster? He does the usual 'reaction post' when he has nothing to go on. He flails, then passive aggressively pokes. I had given you time, Toast-buddy. Time to look back and reflect. Reflect on your thoughts and deeds. You-you ALL-had a whole damn weekend while I did not, yet I see nothing gained from you Toaster.
Ooo yes, watch Tiruin dig this hole because of her 'aggressive' reply!
Why don't you read back and work for it, restating. Did you see that?
Nay.
Did you exactify what 'aggression' I gave when Mr. CheddarCheese gave his gesture to me?
Nup!

*turns on electric fan*
"Ahh it is windy down here in this nice hole. Pretty defensive down here. Mhmm!"

I mean come on!

PS: I did not know the double vote needs to both be in one post. Leafsnail; Leafsnail
Guess what peeps? We lynch an 'Evil' person who is NOT a meteor summoner and it gets us this: If he ain't a MS, then some of the non-evils are the MS. Given how TDS' connections in his posts (can't find the word that says I'M RELATED TO YOU) with Leafsnail--in lieu of 'evil'--are connected, Why do you not pursue the nebulous lead? We can trust Cado, yet I am under the paranoia that he has something up his bloody sleeve.

Leafsnail

Really, Leafsnail?  You are one of the former Kings of Mafia, yet you immediately assume after the first day that because an item didn't flip it was an evil item?  You have been relentless in attacking NQT, even after his removal from the game.  The way it was phrased I think it likely that no items will be revealed on flip.  Just because something COULD be misleading does not mean that it IS misleading.
It is indeed possible that his item had something to do with the information he claimed to have, or maybe he thought he had figured out the game when nobody else had.  Regardless, your claim that lynching NQT was a good idea has no basis in any of the facts revealed on his death.  Did you think that was your wincon?

This is RUBBISH.
Did you read what was mentioned about the item?
READ IT AGAIN.
Item = [[It's rude to go through people's things so no one really knows what she had.]]
How malevolent is that?
OOOOoooooo
Why don't we 'disarm' the situation by playing the Generalist! IT'S EVIL HENCE IT IS HIDDEN!

Let's see. Can you explain this 'no apparent reason' that exists?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 23, 2014, 09:13:02 pm »

PS: Toaster
If you can look farther than your range of vision, and see this 'omgREACSHUN' as negative, then yeah. I was snarky. Isn't that fun?

In that one post, I'd like you to explicitly state where I was so 'defensive', and why. You always lack that 'Why' when you speak about me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 23, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

Lastly, Toaster
My guess is she's another meteor summoner who is trying to get attention off her buddy Ranger.
Please logic-ify this to me. I can't understand how you could go to such tangents when Cado proposed to me, yesterday. (s)He had also claimed EVIL METEOR SUMMONER UP STRAIGHT, yesterday.

How does that make sense?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 23, 2014, 10:51:00 pm »

Tiruin:

You keep defending Cado, even when you say you aren't. RangerCado has personally claimed Evil and Meteor Summoner. While lynching Leafsnail does have it's reasons, as you have been insistent on pointing out, I can't think of any reason to leave RangerCado alive today. Here's why:

-If you lynch the guy who is less likely scum first:
     -Person who is likely scum lives another day, while it's unlikely you actually got a scum player.
-If you lynch the guy who is more likely scum first:
     -Person who is likely scum does not live long enough to take another action. There is also more time to decide on the other person.

I can't see any benefit whatsoever from lynching Leafsnail today and RangerCado later, rather than the other way around.

Also, a few more things:

YES, LEAFSNAIL. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO UTTERLY IMPLICATE HOW LYING IS THE NQT BY QUOTING, LINKING AND POSTING IT DOWN.
Because you never did so. You were nebulous, spurious and infactual--generally putting statements without a focused point, and offhandedly commenting the whole blasted day.

I would like FACTUAL proof from you. BACKED UP by statements of your own concern. STRIKE THROUGH those which do not apply.

Because I'd love to see you right. But you aren't working for it.

There is something to be said against Leafsnail here - he randomly claimed that that specific item was censored and no others were and then used it as "evidence"  - but it's not actually about anything you keep saying. Rather than attacking the argument, you attack the way it is presented. What is causing your irrational attack on Leafsnail?

How shallow this poke is. So what if I 'defend' him? You gonna help me dig mah hole?

Now you're arguing that defending someone who has more against him than the guy you want lynched is just fine. I'll ask it again, since you still haven't given a reason: Why are you defending RangerCado?

I am...disappointed.[/url] Meta on Toaster? He does the usual 'reaction post' when he has nothing to go on. He flails, then passive aggressively pokes. I had given you time, Toast-buddy. Time to look back and reflect. Reflect on your thoughts and deeds.

Evidence for this please? Not that I doubt that something similar happened, but I want to see the actual comments to see how it actually was.

Guess what peeps? We lynch an 'Evil' person who is NOT a meteor summoner and it gets us this: If he ain't a MS, then some of the non-evils are the MS. Given how TDS' connections in his posts (can't find the word that says I'M RELATED TO YOU) with Leafsnail--in lieu of 'evil'--are connected, Why do you not pursue the nebulous lead? We can trust Cado, yet I am under the paranoia that he has something up his sleeve.

See above - It makes sense to lynch RangerCado first if we think that being a Summoner means scum, even if Leafsnail is somewhat suspicious. Also, why do you trust Cado? I'd guess that he was simply confused by not knowing what his wincon was and the Summoner team had him test things by revealing himself. He has been open about his role and alignment, but so have most people here (including the other Evil people). What is it that lets you trust RangerCado so much? Right now, I'd vote for you if I wasn't already voting for Ranger, Tiruin.

Item = [[It's rude to go through people's things so no one really knows what she had.]]
How malevolent is that?
OOOOoooooo
Why don't we 'disarm' the situation by playing the Generalist! IT'S EVIL HENCE IT IS HIDDEN!

Let's see. Can you explain this 'no apparent reason' that exists?

This is literally the only valid point you have, and it's something that needs more evidence to make a claim - Leafsnail could have insider knowledge, or he could just be mistaken on the nature of the game. However, you've been doing the "obsessively trying to get Leafsnail lynched/refusing to let the discussion focus on RangerCado" for a LONG time before that. You arguments are barely rational anymore, and you seem to be getting desperate as we get closer to getting RangerCado lynched.

Everyone Else: Read what I said about lynching Cado before anyone else. I really want to see what Mastahcheese gets from Tiruin tonight, since I don't think she's on the same side as us at all.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 112