Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172203 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2015, 08:40:07 am »

Good luck, Shebsy! We believe in you! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:54 am »

Maybe he's just the referee!  He did promise to tell us how it went, and he can't do that if he blacks out...
Urgh little hung over this morning.  Need some food, these "baked beans" are waaay too sweet to finish eating.  Got some real lentils and frozen fish...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2015, 10:12:56 am »

No, I'm definitely not the refeeree. Hey, it's just 25-30 beers overall.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2015, 02:00:53 pm »

Last  night/this mmorning was fun
I   am  going to sleep now. Good night/morning.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »

So I lost in the semi-finals, after a mere 15 beers. At least I lost to a good friend, so that's nice. Then I had to force myself to loose in the girl's section, although it still got me to 20 beers.

The rest of the evening was hilarious though. I was still in drags after the girl's competition, so a bunch of girls thaught me to be a real bitch. I spent the evening going up to girls and telling them their clothes made them look fat.

Here, have a picture of my glorious self!

Here, have a pic of my glorious self.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2015, 08:56:42 pm »

Hahahaha, nice.
Looks like a fun time. ^-^
Also the girl on the left has an awesome hat. Actually I'm noticing a few of those hats in the background as well... what's the deal with those?

In other news: this is the best hangover I've had in ages. Or worst, depending on how you look at it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2015, 10:29:31 pm »

Jeez yesterday-today was weird.
I feel fine now, but can't really remember last night or this morning clearly.  I just know that I spent yesterday afternoon drunk, then went out in shorts to pick up more beer (and now I seem to have a cold).  Smooth move.
... But then around midnight, I started getting a hangover which oddly helped me stay awake and working.  I took a couple of feverish naps, maybe 2 hours total, and had freakin crazy dreams...  But got a shitload of work done.  Accurate enough, even.  Worked right up to noon and made up for my poor performance during the day...  And then some, maybe.

Now I'm very confused and achy but not really sleepy.  3 hours from now I can sleep, and it's going to be amazing.

Sleep deprivation can feel a lot like drunkenness in my opinion, except the hangover isn't put off to later.  The manicness can be nice and even useful.  Just watch the grouchiness...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2015, 04:02:57 am »

They're calottes, the traditional hat of students at catholic universities in Belgium (students at liberal universities got something like a cap called a penne). The fun part is that all those badges and pins have meaning, so you can learn a lot about someone just reading his hat once you know them.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2015, 08:32:57 am »

Dude, you could've at least shaved.

Is that the Vatican flag on her hat? It's because of the whole Catholic thing, right? But having it above the Belgian one...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2015, 10:12:14 am »

Well, I was spending a few nights away from home, and forgot to pack a razor. On the plus side, that moment I slapped on my wig and removed my t-shirt to stand in that Hello Kitty nightshirt was glorious.

That's a Vatican flag indeed. It's only on the calottes from my university though, the other catholic universities have nothing, except for Namur which got a crown. That lion on the right stands for "patriot" though, so I guess it's still pretty clear her what her allegiances are. :p

Edit: Actually, I remember. We have the Vatican flag because, according to tradition, the Catholic University of Louvain was founded by Pope Martin V, back in 1425. (I say according to tradition, because the current university is actually the University of Mechelen, who took over the University of Louvain's name and buildings in 1830 or so (the original university having been dissolved by the French revolution).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:19:17 am by Sheb »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »

On the plus side, that moment I slapped on my wig and removed my t-shirt to stand in that Hello Kitty nightshirt was glorious.

/r/nocontext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2015, 01:10:04 am »

The sensation of being drunk is unpleasant.

Well, I assume I experienced genuine drunkenness a week ago. I was at a birthday party and my friend who I'm attracted to but must never ever try to be with passed me a bottle of vodka after taking a swig. I imitated her, drinking a good mouthful of the stuff, because I was feeling stupid and my judgement was likely a tad impaired already. Did not anticipate it being that strong. Within a minute I could observe:

-a half-second delay in all my motions. I'd look somewhere but only snap to it a moment later.
-fuzzy everything. Fuzzy head clouding my thoughts, and all my other body parts felt thick and clumsy and tingly.
-the efficacy of my senses as a whole was reduced - I couldn't hear as well for instance, or maybe not process the data I was receiving as well.
-really impaired balance.
-retardation of my mental processes. I was literally sitting there feeling my brain go Flowers For Algernon on itself. I couldn't find words beyond the simplest to express myself and I couldn't even properly document the experience because my thoughts came so slowly and hazily. I'd try to describe yo my friend how drunk I was, only to cut myself off and swear when I couldn't find the right word, only to cut myself off with 'fuck' or 'shit' when I couldn't find a good swear word in my mind. I'd then try to swear to express my frustration at not being able to swear properly, only to go through the same cycle. It was like I had Tourette's.

Overall, an unpleasant sensation, likely excaberated by the fact that nearby me people were getting into fights for no reason. As soon as I could I purged it from myself by drinking around 3 liters of water, perhaps more. It was a refreshing sensation returning to intelligence.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2015, 03:20:36 am »

One minute? The alcohol shouldn't get to your head that fast...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2015, 03:24:19 am »

It felt like one minute at least, and it was a really big swig of straight vodka. More like a gulp.

Also my third time drinking total.

Probably more than a minute for it to fully kick in, but I wasn't exactly a bastion of scientific accuracy at the time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2015, 03:30:51 am »

I dunno, to me that sounds more like placebo effect. Were you on an empty stomach?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 141