Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172204 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2016, 05:16:08 pm »

Ugh I'm sorry but why the hell does everything have to be so sweet??

I'm frustrated because I'm only barely tipsy, because I decided to take a chance on Sierra Nevada's "Beer Camp" or "Tropical IPA".  I guess the first is the name and the second is the subtitle, whatever.  Bleeeech!

I just want to booze myself enough to take a freakin nap (sans feverdreams), but instead I've got this sticky sugar taste filling my mouth and I can barely drink fast enough to get buzzed at all.  This isn't as bad as Sierra Mist was but it's flipping close!  And Sierra Mist was so bad I literally poured it out despite being pretty desperate for a buzz at the time.

I guess the answer is mixed drinks of liquor and low-sodium v8 or water, which has served me well in the past.  But the Torpedo line from Sierra Nevada was really delicious.  Lots of calories, but in the form of carbs.  Not this fruity shit.

Ironically my favorite liquor is rum, weird huh?  But baking bread involves sugar yet isn't necessarily sweet.
UUUGH I JUST WANT TO SLEEP
But not quite enough to go buy some sleep-drugs, probably a bad idea at this point.  Especially since I'll have to be awake and alert in 4 hours.  Bleh, it'll be fine.

Seriously though these taste like sugar water.  Sierra Nevada is great but don't get the tropical Beer Camp one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »

Drinking to fix emotions yay!

If your issue is sweetness go for some spirits. There's plenty that aren't too sweet. Or just go for bitters either that works for people who like beer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2016, 07:06:13 pm »

At this point, I drink beer to unwind and relax, not to get a good, persistent buzz. While I do enjoy some of the sweeter treats (mead, cabernet, vermouth), when there's work to be done, I find a couple shots of this or that plus a beer go a lot further than a case of beers do.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2016, 07:08:24 pm »

I seldom drink except socially. When I do drink I favor red wine. I'll drink other stuff in the right circumstances.

I use beer for cooking quite a bit, though. I've found that it often gives stews and rice a flavor that you don't get otherwise. In fact, with rice I often use exclusively beer, instead of water.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:42 pm »

I seldom drink except socially. When I do drink I favor red wine. I'll drink other stuff in the right circumstances.

I use beer for cooking quite a bit, though. I've found that it often gives stews and rice a flavor that you don't get otherwise. In fact, with rice I often use exclusively beer, instead of water.

Thank you, glorious Chairman, for this bit of wisdom. I'll have to try that the next time I cook some myself. Have you found any particularly good combinations for stewing, and especially, boiling rice?

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2016, 03:15:00 am »

I now desperately want to try beer rice, and I'm also terrified my wife will murder me if I do so and end up ruining our rice cooker.

Do you use a rice cooker to cook your rice with beer, or do it on the stove in a pot? Do you use straight beer or dilute it? Also, do you rinse your rice with water before you cook it?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 08, 2016, 05:24:34 am »

I have plenty of drinking money,  food in my belly and a whole night of good live bands ahead of me.
Sweeeeet. Drinking my first pint right now... the tequila I drank before leaving my house has worn off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 08, 2016, 11:03:29 am »

Awesome, dude!  I saw some live music yesterday too, something I hadn't done for a long time.  Makes me want to check out local music and bars again, like I used to occasionally.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2016, 08:31:04 am »

Cheap beer. Man, I love cheap beer, because it is inexpensive and affordable and doesn't cost much.
Sometime s I think, "maybe I should try some fancy, more expensive beer," but then I think, "oh baby, 30 cans for $30?" and then the rest is history. This stuff doesn't taste as bad as a lot of beers, either. And the place that sells it is walking distance from my house. ...Even whilst carrying a ^-^

...Damn, my "^" or "6" key just stopped working for a moment. Weird.
Anyway, what are you guys drinking? Or doing whilst drinking? I'm feeling pretty good, but my source of entertainment (watching TV shows with a friend) just dried up, and now I need to keep myself occupied lest I start making conversation with my housemates- the annoying one and the new one who I don't know well.
That would be awkward and degrading so we shall try to avoid that eventuality. Time to do some internet fucking about .
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2016, 09:23:47 am »

I've just finished my minimalist mod for DF 0.42.06. It was a pain in the ass to merge all the creature blood types so they come up as a single generic "barrel of blood" from traders, but totally worth it now that it's done. Leather types and meat types are all standardized too, as well as wool and bone. Time to celebrate with a cheap bottle of sav blanc!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:54:47 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2016, 09:25:53 pm »

I just did the thing. The thing that I'd been dreading doing, which was hanging over my head like a black stormcloud and threatening to destroy my life if I didn't do something about it. Pretty stressful stuff, but I finally worked up the nerve to do it and it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared.

...Not that it's entirely resolved yet, mind. I still need to fill out a form (ugh), send that and probably make at least one other phone call (ugh), but I'm pretty pleased with myself for finally dealing with this before accruing any more fines nonetheless.

As for why this is in this thread (apart from this basically being my Happy thread these days), I'm about to celebrate this small victory with my first beer of the day. It's past midday (if only just), so no judgy. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6zHZYiaRA
except the opposite because I'm a pussy who only consumes legal deadly shit.
Here's my preferred song on the subject. Well, unless you go with Snowblind by Sabbath. Or any number of other songs on the same topic, really... if I actually put my mind to it I could probably come up with plenty. I usually prefer songs about booze, though.

Also alcohol is weird... it's technically a depressant, but a lot of the time as your inhibitions dissolve it feels more like an accelerant.
It's something like, "Oh wow I'm not cripplingly shy anymore, heck yes let's socialize and party down and make the most of this while it lasts," annnnd now suddenly my inner voice sounds like fucking Morty. Great. >.>

Anyway, I'm gonna go grab that beer. Phew.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

Stimulant. You start fires with an accelerant (so okay, fine, twchnically alcohol is an accelerant too, but you'd be dead if you drank any great volume of that stuff)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2016, 09:42:53 pm »

Good point.  And while I mostly enjoy lite beer and sweet wine, I do resort to full-on liquor on occasion.

For the environment

Though, wow, why the hell do we recycle glass?  Is there a shortage of SAND?  I guess reality is more complicated than crafting-games.

Anyway, good luck Yoink.  Better to deal without it now, and I'm giving you some earnest good will.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:08 pm »

Unrelated:  I really need to challenge my dad to a drinking contest.
You might think I'd win easily, but actually no.  I take more types of alcohol, but he's gotten pretty lush since I left.

We could probably do it over Skype sometime, except he hates Skype, so idk google talk or whatever.

Winner is the one who reveals less embarrassing secrets
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 141