Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2409110 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8475 on: August 26, 2014, 02:40:42 pm »

Right, edited my action. Here's hoping Renen won't try and run fast enoug to smack the damn thing so that it crushes us both. I'd really hate a "rocks fall, you die" scenario after all the abuse Pan's already survived
More like antenna falls, you die.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: August 26, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: August 26, 2014, 04:35:20 pm »

@Harry Baldman: Here are the prices you requested, courtesy of Toaster:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg5368265#msg5368265
Someone has changed the armoury entry to make it more compact, I guess that's what caused the confusion. I should edit that to mention that the price is for each of those pieces.

That's actually how I originally added it to the wiki. I've changed what that section is labelled to make it a little more clear.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8478 on: August 26, 2014, 04:40:55 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking around 5 or lower myself (mostly due to comparisons with the Sibilus), the only reason for it being higher being recoil or magazine weight. Or maybe there is a part of the weapon that cannot be easily scaled down, maybe the part that solidifies or accelerates the crystals. Don't remember the description piecewise gave you about that part right now.

And I chose a 50 cal just because it was the first thing that came to mind that was similar in terms of power and role. Plus, piecewise compared it to a rotary cannon at some point (the PSL, not the 50 cal). So I imagined the shard launcher would be somewhat similar and a bit smaller. Wasn't thinking that the Shard Rifle is actually 1/7th of the size. And I don't know much about weapons, just what I remember from games and what I can google about them.

About the laser, when I hear gash, I take Google's definition:
1. a long deep slash, cut, or wound.
Of course, deep here is ambiguous. Was it deep in human standards, battlesuit armour standards or just deep compared to the damage Gilgamesh had received at the time from all the civilian gauss rounds that had hit him (ie. negligible)?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: August 26, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »

I'm not sure if I have already mentioned this, but the PSL reminds me of the first Unreal's Stinger; it rapid-fired blue crystal (tarydium) shards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8480 on: August 26, 2014, 05:27:24 pm »

And tarydium is also a power source, so it fits doubly well.

Related: Unreal Tournament 2014 is free to play and develop.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: August 26, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »

Interesting. The last Unreal Tournament I really got into was UT2004 and oh boy, did I have truckloads of fun back then.

Maurice and Lyra are probably fine for visitation purposes; though Maurice has sliced a man's throat before like a professional killer, it was because of mind-fuckery. Talking of which, how likely to not be hostilized by the crew do you think your characters are? In my case, the whole arm-munching thing may be detrimental.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: August 26, 2014, 09:08:28 pm »

Go deep as I can into his brain.  See if there's any other data anywhere else.  Search everywhere.  Everything.  *All* of it.
This can't possibly go wrong!

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: August 26, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

It was just one arm; it's not like you made a habit of it!

Go deep as I can into his brain.  See if there's any other data anywhere else.  Search everywhere.  Everything.  *All* of it.
This can't possibly go wrong!

Of course not!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:59 pm »

@Parisbre The thing about both .50 cal machine guns and rotary cannons is that they're both damn heavy and have tons of recoil. They're only ever really used on a vehicle or sitting on the ground. Even .50 cals are two-man crew guns, and that's not firing them while walking, it's so you can carry the bi/tri-pod you need so the recoil doesn't screw it all up. Two fit, trained soldiers. Saying strength 5 probably doesn't cut it.

I tend to think more in "Syndicate" style terms. Ie, needs robotic arms to fire it on the move (and legs, etc probably too). Even small mini-guns are pretty massive.

I guess it depends. Is it an assault rifle with tons of ammo, or a support weapon with tons of ammo? I tend to think the later, and would be willing to guess strength 8 or so to deal with the recoil and aiming, future-funky-alien-tech or not. It's still a damn big gun with a ton of ammo to carry. An exo-suit or mkIII probably would cut it though.
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: August 26, 2014, 09:30:37 pm »

You should make that "as much as possible with reasonable limits" or a similarly restrained action that doesn't end in an overload.
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: August 26, 2014, 09:31:10 pm »

This is the HMRC!  Reasonable limits mean nothing to us!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: August 26, 2014, 09:32:49 pm »

Or do the reverse. "Keep fucking around in his mind until something horrible happens."
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:53 pm »

Sambojin has a point; we can't let the other two missions one-up Team 13 on the cock-up scale.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8489 on: August 26, 2014, 09:40:31 pm »

It probably won't go wrong, since it is an action that will take a long time, so he'll probably get tired  and collapse before then. Unless piecewise interprets this as "all of it at once", in which case he might end up with an overload centred on his brain. Or if piecewise interprets it as "literally all of it", in which case he might end up with his brain being replaced by a (possibly bad) copy of the target's. Both very bad.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 2205