Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2408842 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5895 on: June 12, 2014, 04:14:50 am »

You Aussies should have picked a better Embark instead of a location where everything is trying to kill you. Unless you guys down there are just making things as difficult as possible for the hell of it. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:25 am »

Australia's wildlife isn't all that deadly, as long as you knock your shoes out every morning, and don't go poking in holes in the ground, and wear long pants with thick socks and heavy boots, and don't swim north of the Tropic of Capricorn in the wet season, and don't swim at all in the Northern Territory, and keep a forked stick handy, and an antivenine kit, and stay within a 10 minute helicopter flight of a hospital, you're perfectly safe.

Most of the time.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: June 12, 2014, 04:21:29 am »

Heh. The only wildlife around here are my neighbor's free-roaming chickens, a different neighbor's cat (I think, I'm not sure who exactly owns Fat Pat but he acts domesticated whenever he comes in), my cats, my grandpa's dog, and that's it. Nothing dangerous at all.

In other words, you keep your scorpions and jellyfish, and I'll keep my potatoes. Because I fucking love potatoes. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: June 12, 2014, 04:24:11 am »

Hey, don't knock cats. There've been times when I've been unwilling to let my brother out of the house because of one cat on my street.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: June 12, 2014, 04:27:19 am »

I've never met a bad cat, but OTOH I think maybe I'm just good with animals. Pretty much every animal I've met takes well to me. All my cats are total sweethearts to humans, and I have to specify that because Pumpkin is a raging bitch to every other animal. XD

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: June 12, 2014, 04:29:37 am »

Don't underestimate chickens. Remember, those are filthy little omnivorous dinosaurs that won't think twice about eating you if you're vulnerable.

And there are 19 billion of those fuckers.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:22:55 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5901 on: June 12, 2014, 07:03:33 am »

Also, welcome back Lenglon. ^^^
This.
EDIT2: Oh, you also have a Wiki page for your character now.
And you should probably go here to levelup.
And you can post what you did during the Hephaestus defence on the on ship thread to get your tokens if you want. I think you killed some sods with your amp? I'll check later.
EDIT3: Quick search reveals that you mostly stuck around Faith and Jim, maybe killed a few Sods in the process and survived pretty much unharmed when your bunker was hit by friendly fire. Not much but you should at least get the basic 5 tokens, maybe more.

(I think, I'm not sure who exactly owns Fat Pat but he acts domesticated whenever he comes in)
Fat Pat sounds like a great name for a cat.

Hey, don't knock cats. There've been times when I've been unwilling to let my brother out of the house because of one cat on my street.
I think that stray cats are not the kind of animal to attack you unless there's something bad going on. Most of the strays I've come across simply keep their distance or at least hiss to indicate their displeasure with your presence. You'd probably have to surprise one while it's cornered to get attacked.

And our cat was one of the most tolerant cats I've ever met, never hurt me even though she probably should had. If a non-stray cat attacks you, it's probably the owners' mistake, unless it's some kind of truly evil animal.

Semi-relevant: Bad Kitty
Don't underestimate chickens. Remember, those are filthy little omnivorous dinosaurs that won't think twice about eating you if you're vulnerable.

And there are 19 billion of those fuckers.
Yeah, but chickens are usually chickens when it comes to fighting. I used to chase them around for fun when I was a kid. Roosters might give you a bit of trouble though, if they think they have to defend the flock. But usually, they'll run away faster than the hens.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Geologist are also a lot like dwarves in some ways.
Much of the things in that article are surprisingly true. Especially the part about alcohol.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:04:03 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: June 12, 2014, 07:56:56 am »

LENGLON <3
WELCOME BACK
*looks at Parisbre's post*
...I guess I should also follow all that given that I'm just like Lyra. Haven't been playing for a long time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: June 12, 2014, 10:07:58 am »

Edit: Civic defenders longcoat has been properly tested now. It kept him from dying. Barely.
Given the way piecewise described the results, it seems the longcoat includes an inherent bullet magnet.
Yes. A magnet that directs the bullets towards the coat and away from the head.
That's what I meant.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: June 12, 2014, 10:17:30 am »

A man with hair that looks more like lacquered pine then anything else is talking about the disappearance of settlers in a farming colony.

"...Reports that over half the colony has simply vanished. Some were seen walking off into fields of their own accord while signs of violence and struggle have been found in the homes of others; broken windows, overturned furniture and blood. The only clue to what is going on is a cryptic message found written on the wall of a missing man's home."

The screen cuts to an image of a phrase cut into a wall.

"Fire won't stop what is to come!"

Dug this out of the past.  Another interesting hint.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: June 12, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

Edit: Civic defenders longcoat has been properly tested now. It kept him from dying. Barely.
Given the way piecewise described the results, it seems the longcoat includes an inherent bullet magnet.
Yes. A magnet that directs the bullets towards the coat and away from the head.
That's what I meant.
So it's kind of a Blessed With Suck situation. On one hand, you aren't likely to be killed by any one bullet. On the other, any bullet flying in your general direction will hit you.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5906 on: June 12, 2014, 10:42:48 am »

Anybody remembers the price of the armour Milno used?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: June 12, 2014, 12:22:37 pm »

That chest plate is gonna give you the capacity to take a gauss round straight to the chest and keep going, as well as surviving up to a minute of concentrated laser rifle fire.
((Sweet. So an overall nice chestplate. Will the price be 2 or 3 tokens?))
Lets go 3.

So backplate, helmet, pauldrons, shin pads, upper leg armor, forearm plates, knuckle pads, and knee guards?
((Basically, plus upper arm armor.))
Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.

I can't swear this is the one that he ended up with, because he didn't confirm the purchase in the next couple of pages.  I don't think he got all the parts, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5908 on: June 12, 2014, 12:37:59 pm »

Thank you very very much. I searched but I couldn't find them. I'll put them in the armoury for future use.
I'll be using those for my current Tinker project.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: June 12, 2014, 02:08:15 pm »

Damn, I'm gone for a few days, so much happens. And missed the mech debate as well  :'(

Anyways.

I was reading through the Heph and Tinker posts of late during my lunch break, and a thought occurred to me. Why hasn't there been any attempt to create objective measurements for how well various pieces of equipment perform?
I suspect that's because it wasn't needed before. Now that the Hep people will need to evaluate different options though, a standard form could indeed be very handy.

@ Syv list:
very nice, good job, but I find some of the claims... Questionable. And some is just wrong, like the HEP not scratching the battlesuit. Proof. And I doubt the cutting laser, which is more powerful (but smaller beam) than a HEP couldn't cut through with a few seconds focused fire.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 2205