Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216095 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 08:47:39 pm »

"Shield" Armored Infantry Support Tank
Chassis: Unique. Trades main gun for large curved shield in front of the tank, fairly wide.
Armour: Shield: 4 layers of electromagnetic reactive armour and laserproof crystal (I should really combine the two). Hull: 1 layer of electromagnetic reactive armour and laserproof crystal.
Weapons: Turret mounted rapid fire rocket gun for infantry suppression
Movement: 2 composite tracks, heavy duty engine.
Cargo: Can hold weapons and ammo. Needs only a single driver and gunner. Shield capable of protecting supporting 2 supporting infantry columns from a 270 degree angle.

Operation: As a "turtle" and as heavy cover. "Turtling" allows the tank to draw enemy fire, whilst fire support moves in. The tank can also move forward, providing an advancing defensive bastion, at the price of being easier to flank.

Pros and Cons: Near invulnerable from frontal non-nuclear attacks, weak rear end. Expensive. Much better when used in wedge formation to provide more cover.

Should I add a particle cannon to the Shield then? The cost would go way up, plus you'd need to shoot through or over the shield.

Also, how conductive is the laser-dispersing crystal? Could I make it conductive?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:50:56 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 08:55:02 pm »

1)give them Chimeras (or whatever lasergauss rifles are called these days  :P)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm imagining something not unlike a double-barreled shotgun with a laser duct taped on top. How close is this to your intent?

I want an infantry support tank that has a bigass shield on the front wide enough for 2 columns of sods to hide behind it on each side that is coated with laserproof crystal and contains powerful magnetic devices to deflect gauss rounds.
...Gauss rounds are magnetic, not magnetized. Unless you steal Tony Stark's reverse magnetism generators, that won't help.
Aside from that, sounds like a good rocket magnet, but that might just be the XCOM talking.

Operation: As a "turtle" and as heavy cover. "Turtling" allows the tank to draw enemy fire, whilst fire support moves in.
Why would they shoot at it if it isn't doing anything except providing cover?

Sorry for terribad formatting.  Again, phone.
Here's hoping you find access to a real computer!

@Synthflesh hybrids
Do note that synthflesh limbs need a titanium seperator from the flesh just like other prosthetics; it can't connect directly.
Noted. That only negates my more...intimate...ideas. Like synthetic torso bits around vital organs or something, what did you think I meant?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 09:50:30 pm »

Good point. Adding a version with artillery piece.

"Shield B." Armored Infantry Support Mobile Artillery
Chassis: Unique. Large curved shield in front of the tank, fairly wide. Has rotating socket for artillery piece.
Armour: Shield: 4 layers of electromagnetic reactive armour and laserproof crystal (I should really combine the two). Hull: 1 layer of electromagnetic reactive armour and laserproof crystal.
Weapons: Single particle accelerator cannon piece with hull mounted rapid fire rocket gun for infantry suppression
Movement: 2 composite tracks, heavy duty engine.
Cargo: Can hold weapons and ammo. Needs only a single driver and gunner. Shield capable of protecting supporting 2 supporting infantry columns from a 270 degree angle.

Operation: As a "turtle" and as heavy cover. "Turtling" allows the tank to draw enemy fire, whilst fire support moves in. The tank can also move forward, providing an advancing defensive bastion, at the price of being easier to flank. The B variant also adds a PAC for suppressing enemy positions, by firing over the shield.

Pros and Cons: Near invulnerable from frontal non-nuclear attacks, weak rear end. Expensive. Much better when used in wedge formation to provide more cover. B variant is even more expensive, but has an added mobile PAC.

Titan Armour
Composition: A combination of electromagnetic reactive armour and laser cancelling crystals. The outer layer of the reactive armour is replaced with the diffusing crystal, allowing the armour to easily deflect both kinetic and energy based attacks, with enough layers.
Cost: Very expensive. Should be used only for high-level armour.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:18:20 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 11:01:56 pm »

NUKALUR ARMOIRE
Composition: Is made entirely of nukes
Armour: Fully armored in nuclear bonmbs
Weapons: It like to shot nuks
Movement: It move by explode
Cargo: Carries a full complement of nukes

Operation: To Nuke things what need Nuked, and as bedroom decoration

Pros and Cons: NUKALUR!!!!! also completely useless
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

It's like a nuclear NUKALUR Trojan horse!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 12:02:22 am »

Cross posting move point.

ER, Repair/Rescue thread

The voice of Feyri appears in the Tinker-chat.
"Simus brought me here. Not to intrude, but what is our objective in this simulation?"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > James Kelly
Please watch over Grate for me. I...am unsure about him.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:03:57 am by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

To Virtual Reality, all participants in a single Tinker session, set to record and automatically download the file for later review.

Set up my own project, with fusion fuel (call it Helium-3, just to be anuetronic, but any combination of gaseous fuels works, and enough to reach 1 kiloton TNT equivalent) held within a cylinder of lithium, which in turn is surrounded with the components for creating a closed magnetic field, creating z-pinch magnetic field, and a radio antenna set to excite the fuel within the lithium. Wrap the whole thing up in a case, with a generator and circuitry for the two fields and antenna at one end of the cylinder, as well as a remote trigger for activating the detonation sequence.

Detonation sequence is as follows: The closed magnetic field is generated, the radio antenna excites the fuel into plasma, directly after which the magnetic field's polarity is reversed, containing the new plasmoid. The Z-Pinch field activates, crushing the lithium cylinder around the plasmoid, igniting fusion.

Test this away from the others. Far away.

Feyri, I explained the objective in the briefing room: Create a unique conventional weapon to kill or disable a Battlesuit, or at the very least, destroy a sufficient portion of its armor. You may not spawn complete weapons from the conventional category that are at or above the price of a cutting laser, but you may spawn their parts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:16:03 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 12:27:56 am »

"R    right. Unique. Weapon. Conventional.

"I'm receiving you perf f ectly."

Great. Now I should create something new. What benefits can I give that have failed before?
Oh yes, let's put solar implants in guns and let them fire a direct stream of converted energy due to the exposure! That'll work!
Or let's modify the network of conduction so that a tesla sabre would be able to increase its output without damaging the origin.

"...I'll just be here then. Working. In my private space."

Designate a closed connection in the Tinker. Work there...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 01:11:22 am »

NUKALUR ARMOIRE

I have to ask, why does everyone go with nuclear when making fun of other people's stuff?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 01:12:39 am »

NUKALUR ARMOIRE

Beautiful.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:00 am »

Anton appears in VR with a slightly bored expression on his face.

"I suppose I could just use that fusion missile I designed, but I think that for fairness' sake, I'll go ahead and make a new weapon anyway. Well, something of a same weapon, but in a different form factor. That alright, XO?"

Design a missile warhead based off the kinamp sandwich:
"Hammerhead" sub-nuclear offensive warhead
Form-factor: 65x980mm spin-stabilized missile
Propellant: Standard self-oxidizing solid fuel mix
Payload: 200 grams Aster-Ex, 2x kinetic amp ("kinamp sandwich" setup) as initiator.
  Choice of: direct impact plate, 1500 grams shaped tungsten carbide pellet filler, or 1800 grams depleted uranium shaped penetration slug, as contact medium.
Detonator: Choice of impact fuse, proximity fuse, and/or command detonator.

Operation: Missile self-stabilizes following launch using deflected exhaust gases to impart spin. 500 milliseconds after leaving the launcher, the missile is armed. Upon receiving detonation signal, the 200 grams of Aster-Ex explosive detonates, pushing the contact plate of the kinamp-sandwich initiator forward, crushing the mineral foam padding within the sandwich, and imparting the force of the explosion and the momentum of the missile into the first kinetic amplifier. The force is amplified, and transferred into the second kinetic amplifier, where it is amplified once more, and transferred into contact medium. The magnitude of the forces involved releases a significant amount of energy in all directions - shooter is advised to take cover if at less than medium range.

If equipped with direct contact plate, warhead transfers all energy directly into target, imparting significant momentum to outer layers of its surface, potentially causing massive damage, but limited by the composition of the surface struck.

If equipped with depleted uranium penetrator, warhead transfers energy into the penetrator, partially melting it and imparting it a velocity in excess of 2000 meters per second, ensuring massive armor-penetrating damage regardless of target composition.

If equipped with tungsten carbide pellet filler, warhead creates a cloud of superheated metalloid debris moving forward in a 60 degree cone at speeds in excess of 2000 meters per second, ensuring a wide area of effect and massive damage to soft targets, regardless of their thermal protection.

Primary advantage: Unlike conventional explosive and nuclear weapons, leaves the shooter in far less danger than the enemy due to the directed nature of the resulting explosion.

Disadvantage: High cost... what else? Token costs of approx. 10 per missile, production costs unknown.

Make a simple four-tube shoulder-fired missile launcher for Hammerhead missiles. Load four Hammerheads with depleted uranium penetrators. Spawn a Battlesuit some 200m away. Commence testing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 06:58:15 am »

Great. Now I should create something new. What benefits can I give that have failed before?
Oh yes, let's put solar implants in guns and let them fire a direct stream of converted energy due to the exposure! That'll work!
Or let's modify the network of conduction so that a tesla sabre would be able to increase its output without damaging the origin.

((Why are you having Feyri participate? She's not one of the candidates, she doesn't need to.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 07:03:25 am »

((Why are you having Feyri participate? She's not one of the candidates, she doesn't need to.))
((Can't speak for Feyri, but at a guess... she wants to stay with Grate?
Plus, she's been in the Corps from the get-go. We're not going to only sit on the planet all the time, PW said we'll have mini-missions of our own. Having an experienced soldier on board could be a good idea.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 07:50:28 am »

Engage tinker mode: MEDICAL EDITION!

Project 1: Pressure Tent improvements

Ver A: Reusable variant, with assorted mechanisms to deflate and repack the tent for reuse.

Ver B: Armored variant, resistant to small arms fire.

Ver C: Supplied variant, has medical supplies, tools, and delicious snacks cleverly packed inside of it, ready for easy access after inflation.

Ver D: ALL OF THE ABOVE! If all of the above not possible, as many as possible.
Interested in price (in tokens) and feasibility :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

-snip-
Enter Ms. Simus's VR Session
"Miss Simus, do we have a budget or something like that? Do we have restrictions on what we can make it be?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 127