Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 214762 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #780 on: September 10, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »

Wonderful!
Can the Magnetic Amp (or the Magnetic Field Manipulator) be used to deflect gauss rifle rounds or laser beams?

@RC But then we got a whole planet with fleshpits and possibly even an organic forge to build such things ourselves :P

Honestly, organic production so far appears very promising, and it's one of the reasons Maurice is interested in the hydroponics of the Swords.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 10, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »

Brilliant!  Organic ammo that secretes a self-replicating fluid that dissolves organics, so you get a nice slurry of biomass for easy absorption.

I proposed stuff like this months ago, back when he got his powers. Along with a crapton of other subtle and less subtle things he could try. He never did try them, but hey, a man can try.

I actually was gonna when I got back from mission 15. Now that I've altered Xan's personality to be more amicable to that as well, there's gonna be more of that.
I still have all those notes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 10, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »

Price check on the weapon, check on cost per shell (~same as GC nuke rounds I think)

Christen gun "The Zanzibar Special", name nuke rockets "Avengers"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 10, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »

Question

Can i make an arrow secreting quiver by putting some living sand into an incubator powered by a gauss generator that feeds the sand growths to some sharkmist that has been engineered to grow arrows?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 11, 2014, 11:26:29 am »

Huh, I was sure my launcher was different enough due to being literally double the size, and being a 6 shot revolver rather than a break-action single shot(IIRC of course, feel free to correct me).

((Yours looks so similar to mine that if you weren't expressing surprise, I could swear you dug up my original plans - right down to the safety/detonation mechanism. It's almost an exact copy, apart from caliber and revolver-action (which isn't very good for something of 90mm caliber. Imagine how bulky it'd be).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »

How hard would it be to make armor like the Stormtrooper armor from Star Wars?

I imagine it'd be something like a longcoat material jumpsuit with thin metal or some kinda space polymer plates over the good bits. I dunno if it's possible to get the material that the longcoats are made out of, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 11, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »

I imagine it'd be something like a longcoat material jumpsuit with thin metal or some kinda space polymer plates over the good bits. I dunno if it's possible to get the material that the longcoats are made out of, though.

Once the artifacts get shipped to Hep, we should be able to get a next generation armor series. I intent to try and get four different kinds at least:
-light armor, like defenders longcoat
-medium armor, like Milno plate (for regualr exoskeletons or Mk.III, provably less inches of heavy armor)
-heavy armor, optimal cost-protection, for battlesuits and the like
-expensive armor with high protection for low weight/thickness, but higher cost than heavy armor

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:01 am »

Alright, good to know with the shells. I guess I can adapt them to a Simus special(speaking of which, when are those going to show up regularly in the armory? I'm pretty sure Simus proved their worth...). Anyways, you didn't post anything about the Doorknocker, so reposting that for this turn. Basically, it is a reinforced frame holding several shaped charges in the shape of a door large enough to let in the average guy in an exoskeleton, with spikes to hold it to the door/wall long enough to detonate. Hopefully, the frame would be reusable and allow the charges to be replaced. Run tests on doors and walls of various thicknesses and materials, from wood to reinforced concrete and metal, then give cost and prototyping possibility.

Also, create a Bangstick; basically, a shaped charge at the end of a metal pole for blowing holes in things. The charge is ideally replacable.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:46:35 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 12, 2014, 06:38:44 am »

Lol, bangstick.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 12, 2014, 07:04:25 am »

He probably means a bangalore.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 12, 2014, 09:41:20 am »

Nah, Bangalore torpedoes were long segments of pipe filled with small charges that were pushed under razor wire/tank trap blockades to blast them apart, right?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #791 on: September 12, 2014, 12:17:22 pm »

Wonderful!
Can the Magnetic Amp (or the Magnetic Field Manipulator) be used to deflect gauss rifle rounds or laser beams?

@RC But then we got a whole planet with fleshpits and possibly even an organic forge to build such things ourselves :P

Honestly, organic production so far appears very promising, and it's one of the reasons Maurice is interested in the hydroponics of the Swords.
Gauss rounds certainly, and lasers...perhaps. Plasma yes, but I'm not sure how magnets work on lasers. I assume it can be used to redirect them? If so, then you could block using a "Wedge" of magnetism to split and defuse the beam.

Price check on the weapon, check on cost per shell (~same as GC nuke rounds I think)

Christen gun "The Zanzibar Special", name nuke rockets "Avengers"
Price of the ammo is the price of the nuke (whichever power you use) plus 1. Weapon is like a token.

Question

Can i make an arrow secreting quiver by putting some living sand into an incubator powered by a gauss generator that feeds the sand growths to some sharkmist that has been engineered to grow arrows?
The human created living sand doesn't replicate, remember. So we don't end up with a cold universe devoid of light like that pocket/alternate dimension. And you'd have to find a way to make the shark mist listen to you. But hypothetically, if you could overcome/learn to live with those limitations, yes.

Cheap white plastic armor that doesn't seem to hold up to anything more powerful then a summer's sun beam? That would be pretty cheap.

Alternatively, if you wanted something like the Merc suits in Crossroads, which this sounds like, it would be fairly easy. Just some resistant fabrics with armor plate over the places that don't bend.

Alright, good to know with the shells. I guess I can adapt them to a Simus special(speaking of which, when are those going to show up regularly in the armory? I'm pretty sure Simus proved their worth...). Anyways, you didn't post anything about the Doorknocker, so reposting that for this turn. Basically, it is a reinforced frame holding several shaped charges in the shape of a door large enough to let in the average guy in an exoskeleton, with spikes to hold it to the door/wall long enough to detonate. Hopefully, the frame would be reusable and allow the charges to be replaced. Run tests on doors and walls of various thicknesses and materials, from wood to reinforced concrete and metal, then give cost and prototyping possibility.

Also, create a Bangstick; basically, a shaped charge at the end of a metal pole for blowing holes in things. The charge is ideally replacable.

As soon as simus starts producing and sending them here.

Hmm. Door knocker..we've got something semi-like it. The big problem I can see with it is that it would be very large and cumbersome as just a metal frame. It would be like carrying a bedframe around with you everywhere. Perhaps look into ways to make it smaller, or to be assembled on site. If you could fit it in a bag to be carried, that would be good. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with the design persay, other then that you'd need a lot of boom to get through a reenforced metal door, which is why the door opener we have is a cutting laser mounted on a circular track that cuts a hole in the door rather then knocking it down.

Bangstick eh? Which direction is the charge exploding in? And keep in mind, even if the explosion goes forward, there's gonna be a explosion propelled metal rod shooting backwards, potentially into the user.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 12, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »

Heh, I guess for the Bangstick we newton's third law up the bitch and go with the slightly insane option, namely add a second charge facing the opposite direction that explodes at the exact same time to counteract the forces propelling the stick. :P Test effectiveness/user safety and give a price.

As for the Doorknocker, yeah, work on options to make it collapsible, with handy dandy carrying case/bag. Limiting it to single use is okay in this instance, though ideally it should still be reusable.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

Can the fleshknitter be used as a makeshift 'longevity vaccine'? Actually, is there one already? (not involving genetic alteration or cybernetic augmentation)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:12 pm »

Can the fleshknitter be used as a makeshift 'longevity vaccine'? Actually, is there one already? (not involving genetic alteration or cybernetic augmentation)
((Considering that old age mostly involves organ failure, and that the fleshknitter doesn't do a stellar job on those, I suspect that the answer to the first one is "no".))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 127