Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216037 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1185 on: June 17, 2015, 02:41:03 pm »

((Reposting since it was missed before))

Tinkerers awaiting approval for their designs' prototyping, please repost the relevant information.
Either here, or in Hephaestus OOC. Please check that you have Piecewise's approval on the design.
So far only the Hoverboard has been approved for prototyping.

Kugelblitz GML

Stat reqs: Exoskeleton STR and +0 aux
Cost:4 for the launcher, 2 per missile

This guided missile launcher fires 100x750mm ordinance, with an initial boost provided by a low-power gauss coil system. The missiles track a target by a combination of radar homing and manual laser targeting, and come in HE, HEAT, and namite incendiary. There is also the option of firing 1/8th kiloton warheads for an additional cost.

Eidt: And yes, IIRC PW said ok to this once the council and I nailed down the final costs and stats. The only remaining issue was how well it destroyed stuff and I think we worked that out over IRC(basically it won't quite damage a battlesuit unless you hit a joint, but you might crack armor plates. Unless you launch a nuke round at it :P)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:45:32 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1186 on: June 17, 2015, 03:31:35 pm »

Corvid Drone:
Armament: Spektr laser (without overcharge ability). Powered by rocket pods.
Mobility: four small rocket pods on gimballing mounts.
AI: simple, gunnerbot style AI. Follows owner and shoots stuff, doesn't do much else.
Cost and stat requirements: probably the same as a gunnerbot.

Reposting this because someone might want to use it at some point. Prototyping could also be useful.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 21, 2015, 08:52:47 pm »

Since me and PW appear to keep missing each other in IRC, better put this here just in case.

About that medical equipment I asked you about:

1)You said it would take a full-sized white panel van or so to cart around revival machinery. How much bigger a vehicle would we need if we added a small trauma surgery suite as well as space for a "reasonable"(leave that to you) amount of replacement limbs and organs as well as a decent amount of medical supplies and drugs,  a couple full robo-bodies and machinery to install brains into braincases, as well as a couple head sized stasis units for when all the above runs out?(Oh, and room for the medic to run all of this, and MAYBE a couple assistants). Basically, all the other bits needed to get troopers into a condition to be revived.

2)The cost for all the above equipment, as well as a general power requirement

3)The general weight of the above. Assuming a reasonable vehicle to carry all of this, would we need a specialized shuttle to transport and lift this into the field?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:48:45 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 21, 2015, 08:54:45 pm »

1. So the stereotypical creeper van
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 22, 2015, 02:33:59 am »

In regards to the AMMT
one option for operating space is to make the thing extendable, like a pop-up camper or something. That is, have the sides be able to be slid out, maybe the top extended. It wouldn't give a lot of space to work in, and wouldn't be quickly mobile in that state, but it would mean having a better stocked mobile surgery or whatever than if fit remained tightly sealed up like an APC. Roll up to the battle one, extend, collect wounded and do what surgery you can before having to seal up and bug out.

That's probably an option for certain types of missions, which aren't quite as hit-and-run as mission 20. So, limited use?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1190 on: June 25, 2015, 08:50:44 am »

So, was there anyone's questions I didn't answer in IRC yesterday?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 25, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

Boatloads of questions, but couldn't really be on then. But if you have summer classes, then we could always also do it via the ol' tinker thread as well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 25, 2015, 09:51:20 am »

Boatloads of questions, but couldn't really be on then. But if you have summer classes, then we could always also do it via the ol' tinker thread as well.
Same here. Lots of questions still pending, but it might wait and hope to get resolved via other means.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 25, 2015, 11:03:47 am »

One minor thing I didn't get to yesterday. What would be the cost of outfitting all our shuttles with 2 manually controlled PD laser turrets(in case we have to make a hot extraction again and have the hounds of hell chasing us)? Nothing fancy, just basically two fast turning turrets with lasers only slightly more powerful that the bog-standard rifles(and only because they are tuned for slightly extra range), a camera or two for aiming, and a way of power transfer from the shuttle's power supply.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 26, 2015, 03:05:33 am »

hey pw, is something like this possible in ER:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rS-x4aT5w
You can assume the system we would use might have extra gauss/railgun systems to help launch it up (eg kinda like a LESHO). It also doesn't have to be equally 'man-portable' as this, something exoskeleton-fired would also be ok. Or hell, a small stationary system (like how a mortar can be used by a regular human, but said human couldn't use it on the move, he has to deploy it first). Finally, assume the target is a spaceship that's in an orbit allowing it to do precision laser bombardment.
Well thats the silliest fucking defense system I've ever seen.

Anyways, so you're basically just asking if we can create some sort of ground based, semi-portable missile system for engaging targets in close orbit?

Yes (for the record, they used that so the peeps on that station could deny they themselves shot that ship full of refugees. It was for 'plausible deniability'). Failing that, how big would such a system (aka rail/gauss launcher, with rockets to further boost it up) need to be to target ships in such an orbit? Assume a payload capable of dealing decent damage to such a spaceship (shaped nuclear charge perhaps?)

((Reposting before I forget.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1195 on: June 29, 2015, 11:03:47 am »

hey pw, is something like this possible in ER:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rS-x4aT5w
You can assume the system we would use might have extra gauss/railgun systems to help launch it up (eg kinda like a LESHO). It also doesn't have to be equally 'man-portable' as this, something exoskeleton-fired would also be ok. Or hell, a small stationary system (like how a mortar can be used by a regular human, but said human couldn't use it on the move, he has to deploy it first). Finally, assume the target is a spaceship that's in an orbit allowing it to do precision laser bombardment.
Well thats the silliest fucking defense system I've ever seen.

Anyways, so you're basically just asking if we can create some sort of ground based, semi-portable missile system for engaging targets in close orbit?

Yes (for the record, they used that so the peeps on that station could deny they themselves shot that ship full of refugees. It was for 'plausible deniability'). Failing that, how big would such a system (aka rail/gauss launcher, with rockets to further boost it up) need to be to target ships in such an orbit? Assume a payload capable of dealing decent damage to such a spaceship (shaped nuclear charge perhaps?)

((Reposting before I forget.))
Well, depends on the planet it's used on honestly. Earth level gravity would make getting a handheld rocket off the planet pretty damn hard. You'd need some serious thrust on that thing, or a lot of time for it to putt putt up and out of the atmosphere slowly. How far off planet are we talking here? Upper atmosphere? Near space?

Even something like upper atmosphere is probably gonna require a large enough rocket that this system will need to be strapped to the back of a battle suit or something similar.

Post your questions then. Try not to post enormous walls though, it makes me less likely to actually respond.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1196 on: June 29, 2015, 01:37:56 pm »

How about the following?

I call it the "Doctor Suit" (alternate name "The Cannibal"), both because it's meant to be a medical battlesuit and because it looks a bit twisted, like one of the Doctor's creations.

Imagine a suit the size of a battlesuit, but it is made out of various robotic arms, legs and skulls.
Those are connected with and supported by various organs (hearts pumping fluid to them, guts and lungs filtering it, eyballs providing sight, synthbones providing support, the wires and electronics that make everything work, etc) that surround the cockpit.
The suit is covered by a few thin, semi-transparent sections of synthskin instead of armour, through which the various pulsating organs can be made out.

Whenever the driver wants to heal someone (be they robot or human), he disconnects and rips out the necessary limbs/organs and then performs surgery to replace whatever is missing from the injured person, essentially cannibalizing himself for parts. But he can also work in reverse, taking the still usable parts of permadead teammates and adding them to his body to be used for spare parts later.

That's the basic idea. I can answer questions about how specific parts will work if you want. I'm just not posting everything to keep it simple.

I've got a few more questions for extra equipment it could have but I just want to see if the basic idea can work for now.

I realise it's not the most efficient design, especially since it gives up most armour, but I think it's fun and looks cool.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:43:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 29, 2015, 05:17:45 pm »

That is the most horriying and entertaining thing ever.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 30, 2015, 10:47:05 am »

How much do you think a Dictor suit would cost? I'm not even a medic and I want one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1199 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:08 am »

How much do you think a Dictor suit would cost? I'm not even a medic and I want one.
I've already got a man's soul for one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 127