Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216031 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1425 on: September 29, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »

Transplantiposting
What happens when you stick a Kinetic Amplifier on a Stake Puncher Thrower Whatsit.  Also, storing energy from same in a Kinetic Shunt/Manip.  Preferably, should there be any, with confidence intervals about "not backfiring horribly."

Further investigate the cost/benefit ratio of embedding Kinetic Amplifiers into projectiles and AoW systems.  I'm thinking "Kicking boot of doom" and "Railgun Shell of ^2 to Destruction."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:26:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 29, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »

It would be possible to make a mono-force blade have serrations, right?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

@TheBiggerFish

People have already done the "kinamp on shells" thing. They work really well but are kind of expensive. Same with on boots I think
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 29, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »

@TheBiggerFish

People have already done the "kinamp on shells" thing. They work really well but are kind of expensive. Same with on boots I think
Someone wikify that?
Because right now it does not say that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 29, 2015, 08:52:46 pm »

Look at the gauss rifle. It's in the special ammo section
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 29, 2015, 09:34:33 pm »

*indicates the Kinetic Amplifier page, which does not reflect this.*
Also, I don't think anyone has stuck said on a tungsten whatnot magnetic etc. launcher.  Is it a launcher?
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »

Also, I don't think anyone has stuck said on a tungsten whatnot magnetic etc. launcher.  Is it a launcher?
From my experiences reading threads and talking to piecewise in PM's the gauss rifle is just a very basic coilgun and its basic ammo is comprised of tungsten pills the size of your thumb.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:51 pm »

Bug one of the wiki gnomes about that. It's a gauss rifle. From what I know, it uses magnetic fields to propel ferro-magnetic rounds at ludicrously high speeds.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 30, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »

How expensive would it be to make the Jump Pack capable of flight instead of simple jumps? We discussed part of this via IRC, about the potential of using replaceable blueradite cells or one of those miniature fusion reactors to supply the very large amounts of energy necessary for it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1434 on: October 01, 2015, 10:58:22 am »

Would the multitool be able to function as something like a saw or drill or other power tools? How good would it be in this roll? It would probably need stuff like separate saw blades, drill bits, grinding wheels, etc. added.

How about a welder/soldering iron/generator combo for 1 token?

And how about lowering the price of the cutting torch to 1 token, or even combining it with the welder combo above? I think we can all agree its current 3 token price is way too much.

Reposting this so it doesnt get forgotten, and editing it a bit.
Yes, but it would need the bits, wheels, etc. It would be about as good as a standard power tool.

How big and powerful a set up we talking here?

Yeah, that can be lowered to 1.

Transplantiposting
What happens when you stick a Kinetic Amplifier on a Stake Puncher Thrower Whatsit.  Also, storing energy from same in a Kinetic Shunt/Manip.  Preferably, should there be any, with confidence intervals about "not backfiring horribly."

Further investigate the cost/benefit ratio of embedding Kinetic Amplifiers into projectiles and AoW systems.  I'm thinking "Kicking boot of doom" and "Railgun Shell of ^2 to Destruction."

Well you'd have to cut off the sharp part and create a flat end to stick it on. But you'd get a very powerful punch. Perhaps too powerful for most people.

Not sure what you mean with the second part.

Well, the cost/benefit really depends on your usage. You strap one to every bullet and you're gonna hemorrhaging money. You have one bullet you save for bad situations and it will probably be worth it. Melee weapons using them are basically always worth it.

It would be possible to make a mono-force blade have serrations, right?
Possible but really damn complicated.

The stake driver or the Gauss rifle? The stake driver is a melee weapon. It's a weaponized pile bunker.

How expensive would it be to make the Jump Pack capable of flight instead of simple jumps? We discussed part of this via IRC, about the potential of using replaceable blueradite cells or one of those miniature fusion reactors to supply the very large amounts of energy necessary for it.
Really, it depends on how far and how fast you want to fly.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 01, 2015, 11:52:39 am »

For the welder combo we're talking about as powerful and compact as it can be for one token. Probably fairly standard. See if its possible to include a cutting torch in there too.

Spoiler: Council (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 01, 2015, 12:02:42 pm »

Why would a kinamp on a stake driver be too powerful for most people? Kinamps don't increase recoil.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 01, 2015, 12:08:39 pm »

Kinamps are automanips the size of a postage stamp and has infinite uses. How does it manage this?
Is it from some alien technology or something?
[Also I hereby give you permission to handwave this .  :P ]
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1438 on: October 01, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »

Why would a kinamp on a stake driver be too powerful for most people? Kinamps don't increase recoil.
Blastwave.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1439 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:18 pm »

EDIT: Oh, are those stun guns the R&D people used for sale? If yes, any idea how they work?

Quote from: piecewise
Quote from: Paris
Could I make/buy a revolver-like magazine for gauss weapons?
I'm thinking that, since one of the biggest selling point of gauss weapons is multiple ammo types, a revolver magazine could allow you to load multiple types of ammo in a single magazine and then switch to the ammo type you want to use.
Sure.
Could I just get that from the armory like a normal magazine? Or is it something I have to build or get Hephaestus to mass produce?

Could I make a different version of the brain-case mobility system that trades the legs (and the laser if necessary) for thrusters? In case you really need to fly away really fast, in situations where just running just isn't fast enough. With the possible drawback that A) you have limited fuel and B) you have fuel stored right next to your brain. Granted, it's armoured, but it's still fuel.
Yes, but those would have to be small thrusters and would have very limited range.
I was thinking of a sort of GTFO button, to be used in case of overloads, bombs and stuff like that, perhaps similar to the battlesuit's emergency escape pod function. It's incapable of making fine movements or turn very well (so it won't be able to maneuver through a vent but it might be able to turn through a large mining tunnel with a really good aux roll and a big loss of fuel), but it's thrusters are really powerful, making it a valid choice for quickly escaping large scale destruction. Maybe also add the drawback that if you go too quickly, you are rendered unconscious or suffer brain damage.
Is something like that possible? If yes, would it be for the same cost?

Does the thing synthflesh comes from have reproductive organs?
originally? Because right now it comes from a chemical tank.
Yeah, originally, why not? I didn't really expect a serious answer to be honest.
Thats a good question. I guess it depends on your definition of "Reproductive organs."
Well, most, if not all living things reproduce in some way. So it is logical to assume that anything living would have part of its body dedicated to reproduction. One could argue that for most forms of life, their entire body is there to facilitate reproduction, so it is just an extended reproduction organ. So let's go with a narrower definition:
Does the thing synthflesh come from have a thing it sticks into other things (possibly of the same species) in order to create a new member of the species? Or a thing that accepts other things (possibly of the same species) which in turn trigger the creation of a new member of the species?
Let's see how far I can push this...
Reposting.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 127