Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 214776 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1515 on: October 20, 2015, 05:15:14 pm »

Hmm, okay that could make sense, if we assume the relative linear velocity of one object relative to the other is unchanged by a teleportation event.

Could we then use a rotating teleporter rifle to move objects at superluminal speeds? Probably (that's the entire point, right?).

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1516 on: October 20, 2015, 06:10:58 pm »

Like I said, range is relatively short and it can only teleport relatively small objects. Anything more requires ridiculous amounts of energy. However, in the unlikely event that rotating the rifle makes the teleported object move relative to the rifle, then that could also be used to make a reactionless drive, since you could use that to slam objects on the ship and thus "create" kinetic energy.

I was thinking more about using the teleporter to create a steady point the ship could "grab" in front of it. There are many ways that could work. Magnets being the easier and moist likely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 20, 2015, 06:23:23 pm »

Like I said, range is relatively short and it can only teleport relatively small objects. Anything more requires ridiculous amounts of energy. However, in the unlikely event that rotating the rifle makes the teleported object move relative to the rifle, then that could also be used to make a reactionless drive, since you could use that to slam objects on the ship and thus "create" kinetic energy.

I was thinking more about using the teleporter to create a steady point the ship could "grab" in front of it. There are many ways that could work. Magnets being the easier and moist likely.
That...Makes sense.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1518 on: October 21, 2015, 10:06:28 am »

ALRIGHT

We need more Exo and Uncon weapons ASAP so I'm giving Tinkerers a lot more free reign. Submit ideas, suggestions, finished submitting, anything. Straight up token payments to accepted ideas and royalties from purchases.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 21, 2015, 10:17:59 am »

Technically my char is on a mission, but...

Multi-Role weapon Mk.III

What we do, is we take a Mk.II of this line and replace laser rifle fire module with blaster rifle fire module and regular durable blade with Force Monosword. That's gonna be bulky, but you'll have a much better idea of where you monosword blade is because of the rifle part. And more firepower. And more cutting potential. Hence Mk.III designation.
Requirements: Exoskeleton strength, Uncon +1, Dex+1
Price: 6-8 tokens with Blaster Rifle clips?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:22:42 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:32 am »

Well, technically I'm dead, so I can't tinker.

BUT I DON'T SEE THE POLICE, SO I WILL ANYWAY. This is mostly going to be stuff that already exists in a different form, because I lack imagination. Also focused on exo stuff, because that's been kind of my thing these last three years.

1. something pretty simple, an entire hand/arm made from the same stuff as the pimpcane. Pretty straightforward. means you got the interface thingy build in as well, so you can't lose it.
2. If you'll all allow me a moment of sillyness, maybe even an entire body made of the stuff. No idea how we'd make sight and hearing and shit work, but being able to repurpose your entire body would be neat.
3. A force infuser that uses the entire body to charge up the battery? To allow for multiple charges or one big charge?
4. Maybe we could put some of the weirder doctor things from the days of yore in the armoury? Like Renen's body and his bullettime? Those could come in handy, and I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten.
5. I don't suppose our tech boys could reverse engineer the deathcube HEP pyramid? I know they engineer the HEP from it, but maybe we could get a sort of knock-off deathcube?

Those are the first things that spring to mind, I might come up with more stuff later. Don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:57:02 am by Pancaek »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 21, 2015, 11:12:17 am »

ALRIGHT

We need more Exo and Uncon weapons ASAP so I'm giving Tinkerers a lot more free reign. Submit ideas, suggestions, finished submitting, anything. Straight up token payments to accepted ideas and royalties from purchases.
The world's a funny place when I regret things that haven't happened yet.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 21, 2015, 11:33:53 am »

BUT I DON'T SEE THE POLICE, SO I WILL ANYWAY.
"No Pancaek. You are the police."
And then Pancaek was a tinkerer.

Anyway, let's join the festival, shall we?

1. Anomaly sand, unchained (as discussed earlier). Tuned to work with a "tuning fork" made of that super-vibrating metal we have recently discovered among Hephaestus anomalies.

2. Those crystals from the Crystalline Projector. Does anyone else remember that they were hinted at being "mildly psychic"? Time to use that up to eleven. (That has been my intention for a long time, and that's why it was even scheduled for research on Hephaestus... let's say that research succeeded or something.)

3. Those same crystals, only now as a body modification. Finally time to finish the Doctor's experiment of infusing flesh with crystals, only now in a controlled fashion with the user being End-boosted during the infusion.

4. The Pyramid we created HEP from. Originally, it had a very different "firing" mechanism, shooting more "lightning" or "force" (see: Milno's mangled limb) than "fire", and shooting upon Exo (or was it Will? I don't remember). Let's replicate that.

5. Living metal of Pimpcane, body enhancement. INJECT IT INTO YOURSEEEELF-style, with patching up wounds from inside, growing "bones", or maybe even flying. Prone to danger of cutting you up.

That's it for now, I guess. More coming soon!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 21, 2015, 11:57:44 am »

BUT I DON'T SEE THE POLICE, SO I WILL ANYWAY.
"No Pancaek. You are the police."
And then Pancaek was a tinkerer.
Truly a black day.

Also, I somehow mixed up the deathcube with the HEP pyramid. Derp.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:41 am »

1. A sledgehammer that resonates a lot and causes earthquakes, destroys buildings, shatters armour. The higher your skill the better the control of course. Could be based on that super resonating metal from the gratesplosion.

2. A floating telekinesis hand that can grab and manipulate things from a distance.

3. Something based on Skylar's god computer. Reprogram reality.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1525 on: October 21, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »

1.  What about burnout manip variants, like the amps from M14?  If you can only use manipulators a couple of times, they ought to become more powerful.  Alternatively, the ability to connect several brains together ghostship style (if those still work) for the same purpose.

2.  Lethal, more heavily AOP-inspired variants of the crowd-wire gloves might be cool.

3.  Summoning box: a small auto-manipulator designed for quick bursts of space magic to attract the attention of... something else.  Throw it at a UWM-entrenched position and run away, fast.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:49:59 pm by Nunzillor »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 21, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »

I've got one. Write later.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 21, 2015, 01:28:50 pm »

1: Think there's any way we can harness the destructive energies of this alien god?

Open a localized tear in reality, let it slap stuff about a bit, use overwhelming force to close the tear.

Maybe use a nuke put inside a kinetic shunt for that energy, just for the cool-factor of it.

2: A fresh newborn (or maybe older, idk. Tiny kids are portable but a grown man would have more flesh) given the IVAN treatment and implanted with a bunch of brain-interface tech. Or just a bunch of vat-grown normal flesh with the IVAN treatment, if that's easily-controllable. IVANing a full body seems convenient because there's already a control system ready to hijack. It might be our replacement for synthflesh, no better way to test it than on a critical mission!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 21, 2015, 03:35:21 pm »

PW, crossposting NJW2000's submission for the new exo/uncon tinkering

Hey, can I annoy someone kind and obliging? I'm kinda finickety about my new replies box, and tbh Tinker would take up a lot of my time trying to understand the science, and I'd be tempted to look, and I'm trying to get on with schoolwork and all, so:

Would somebody mind crossposting, probably just this once, some random idea I had into the Tinker Thread? Pretty please? Just a quote?

Spoiler: possible tinkering (click to show/hide)

Just as a submission to the new exo weapon thing. And yes, I know this is anal and pointless of me.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 21, 2015, 03:52:59 pm »

Blueraditite EMP/ECM grenades.

Sharkmist self replenishing medkits.

Sharkmist melee weapons that produce acids/venoms.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:29:44 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127