Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216074 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1740 on: January 22, 2016, 11:06:01 pm »

PW said that the below designs "could work" a while back, but we didn't discuss pricing. Could I get a token estimate on both variants?
Spoiler: Monosaw proposals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:33:31 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 22, 2016, 11:11:59 pm »

Those seem more like something someone crazy with too many tokens would order custom, or something someone would assemble after finding a large stash of monorazors and power tools. Not something to put in the armoury.

(I'm estimating 6 tokens for the radial saw and 10 for the chainsaw.)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:49 pm »

It would make sense to have an electrolaser blaster rifle variant.
About the same price as blaster, shoots electricity rather than laser, doesn't work in vacuum, has a non-lethal mode.
Electroblaster?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 22, 2016, 11:21:30 pm »

What about a really high-power taser, for that matter?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 22, 2016, 11:24:56 pm »

Ooh I wanna get in on the monoblade market.
I've got two designs.

Number 1 is a halberd.
or more specifically a profesional high flex golf club with a heavy iron club head that contains the field projector.
It uses the immense G-forces generated by the flex of the shaft as the heavy iron weight snaps forward when swung, and the weight of the club head itself, to force the blade to cleave through whatever its swung at.

The second is a curved sword.
Basically this one is gonna be similar to a kilij.
Its got a blade that continues straight for two thirds of its length, the curves back at a 35° angle for the rest.
now behind this is gonna be a curved metal rod with a heavy metal bulb on the end reminiscent of one of those plastic tennis ball throwers.
it operates on the same principle as the weapon above.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:57:42 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »

While I'm at it, I should also mention one of my first tinker ideas, the single-shot electroblaster bazooka. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 23, 2016, 12:40:12 am »

1a. What do planets currently do with their sewage, trash and industrial waste?

2a. So have the R&D guys figured out anything more about the God Modem?
2b. I mean beyond just making sexual harassment lions and mind control arms?
2c. What prototypes or basic widgets have they derived from it?

3a. Are throwing knives made out of pure Piezoelectric crystal UNCON? Because PW said they might be.

4a. From the aftermath of the Lurker's entrance, are there any electrical anomalies from things such as manip overloads?

5a. Can the 5 Second Reset have is time increased/decreased, changing how much battery each use requires?
5b. What happens to a human brain being carried by the user if it gets destroyed and is then reset?
5c. If you press it against someone and remotely activated it repeatedly, what happens?
5d. What if a mindless automaton uses it?

6a. Can a Pocket Dimension be given two Entrance/Exits?
6b. Can a Pocket Dimension have a dedicated Entrance in one location and a dedicated Exit in another?

7a. Is it possible to make a Matter Saver Woodchipper that quickly saves the matter it touches and ejects it in pieces?
7b. Can a Matter Saver be modified to that one end saves and the other end loads?
7c. Can a Pocket Dimension feed directly into a Matter Saver cartridge?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:26:59 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 23, 2016, 12:56:30 am »

well bullets from your gun go back into the gun so... id say it gets fixed.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 23, 2016, 06:42:11 am »

Well, since everyone is happily doing things, I guess I'll jump on this train as well. Been months since I tinkered...

For PIECEWISE:

• Could you please check your memory, consult your notes, and describe 1) Walking (Magister's?) Bastion, 2) High-Guard Armor, 3) Arbiter Cloak (not to be confused with Avatar Cloak) "cloth" armors?
Spoiler: Source, for reference: (click to show/hide)
Edit: Found the Shadow Walker cloak item description, removed from question.

• Secondly, could you explain the tech behind the Avatar Cloak a bit? I.e., just enough handwavium so we could handwave along, not in-depth technical specs, of course.

FOR SYVARRIS:
(And yeah, no selective capitalization because the name looks better when uniform. Got that!)

• Sharksuit 1.5
    Add a small layer of hexsand to the sharksuit as the innermost coating. It should be cheap enough (possibly remove the equal measure of sharkmist armor for economic and uniformity purposes) not to increase the cost while marginally increasing the survivability and protecting the user from "being fed upon by his own suit", should that ever happen.
  • Emergency wireline
    The concept is simple: I want, with our modern ER tech applied (only as relevant), a big, long reel of wire (cable?) that could be used for communications. Because anomaly missions happen (I've had this concept in mind since M6, but M21 just notched it up further), as well as because sometimes there is also enemy interference to be considered (which also might be alien/anomalous in nature, so not as easily dealt with).
    I want this wire strong, I want it capable of supporting all our communications (i.e. probably a bit more than just a few threads of copper wire), I want it lightweight (for transportation and for longer length of unsupported cable) - in that order of importance. Oh, and of course, first and foremost, I want it cheap - because this isn't just yesterday tech, this isn't even last millenium tech.
    (This Tinker-project is for the wire/cable itself, but for the purposes of Tinkering, let's add a 1-token reel of it to this action - unless you think it could as well be completely free.)
  • MCP 1.1 (suit chassis)
    Add:
    • magnetic clamps (MCP-II already has the non-magnetic ones, but MCP-I doesn't, and let's add the secondary system as well) - on feet and additional smaller on hands and on elbows
    • small comms box for using the wire/cable described above with a small reel of said wire
    • simple, cheap, basic thrusters (maybe ion, feeding off the suit generator, maybe gas ones, maybe regular advanced-fuel ones with just a tiny bit of fuel) - not enough for a jump on a surface of a planet, but just enough delta-v to offer some manoeuvring capability in open space
    • rope harness with a reel of rope for space and ground operations (rope strengthened (a lot) & lightened (maybe) with tech, but, again, extremely cheap), complete with a number of swiveling hooks and other related equipment (notably, a pack of special clips for affixing the wire to the rope)
    • proper utility belt for all the things and connectors and stuff (implied earlier, but now we need it explicitly) - the belt should be detachable (apart from the reels/connectors, of course)
    That's a long list, but all those things are dirt cheap or extremely cheap, so the intention is that it wouldn't change the price of our MCP-suits.
    (I feel that at this point I should just stop, but - bear with me, the next one is going to be extremely short and simple. And also, four is such a nice number!)
  • Milnoplate brain-casing
    Take Milnoplate, adapt as an armoring add-on for robo-bodies - encase the braincase with it for drastically improved survivability. As simple as a Milnoplate helmet adapted for robo-bodies. Probably shouldn't even interfere with any armoring add-ons either.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:12:54 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 23, 2016, 09:48:40 am »

Why not me too?

Let's finalize Chem Thrower extra chems.
1. Doomsday, 10 uses canister.
2. Haebi acid, 10 uses canister. Perhaps separate one time purchase of 1 token forcefield tubing to prevent it melting the weapon?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

Well, I doubt many structures would have buffered layers like that, which is what the Weevil explosive would be designed to get through, and you don't really need explosive power, only enough to propel the weevils into the wall, perhaps you could have soemthing like a strecthy tarp with adhesive layers around the sides, with little pouches of weevils set in a simple pattern backed with some directed explosives, that would allow you to easily adjust the size of the hole, right?
You asked for potential problems.  I named the potential problems that came to mind.  Hmm.  Maybe I should roll people's int scores when they ask open ended questions like that...

Tarp design would work.  Let's say you can cut around the pouches to alter the size of the tunnel you want to dig.

Suggestion: Treat Arranger as replacement for Gauss-type weapons. Balance their bullets that way.They're essentially gauss rifles that trade slower fire rate (each bullet needs to be loaded instead of being semi-auto) for the ability to use more powerful and varied ammo types. They even have the same price.

So what you need is to create a larger, gauss cannon equivalent that can shoot the equivalent of nuclear rounds and a LESHO equivalent that can shoot the equivalent of computer guided nuclear AT sniper rounds. Then you can balance bullet types based on the bullet types we have on gauss rifles right now.

So, for example, for the normal, 1 token clip equivalent, you could get multiple weak bullets. Perhaps some sort of kinetic impact rounds that hit whatever the gun is pointing at with the equivalent force of a bullet, if we want to be unimaginative.

What do you think, Syv?

I briefly thought about suggesting things like repair or heal bullets, but then I realized that's the sort of thing Aux users would do, only this time I'd be replacing other skills with Con and I don't want to screw with balance.

Hmm.  I do like that idea.  It could potentially obsolete a lot of guns, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  It's up to the council in the end, though.

Repair and heal bullets are fine with me, as long as they're expensive.  Buy an emergency kit with five uses for three tokens, or buy a single-use medibullet for four, plus the gun at two.  Not terribly unbalanced.

The heavy exoskeleton's good for more than just wielding a LESHO. There are several guns that require an exoskeleton and +1 or +2 strength. It would let people without +1 or +2 strength wield those.

For the ARM longcoat (Maybe I should rename this Dragoncoat because of the scales?) I decided against the fibers. Being more expensive than sharkplate is just wrong, and the fibers don't add enough to justify the extra token.

Council please!
Spoiler: Heavy exoskeleton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ARM Longcoat (click to show/hide)

Heavy Armoured Exoskeleton:
How about 1 layer of hex-composite on the torso and helmet, + 1 layer of battlesuit plate on the entire body? That way the vitals have significant resistance to heavy weapons, and the entire body is basically immune to small arms.
12 tokens seems ideal, since you're still getting much less than an assaultsuit. Maybe 13. 14 is crazy.

Gungnir Electrolaser Kit MK2:
Why would it need a handi roll to attach? It should just bolt on to a rail like any attachment.
All the parts it needs to consist of are two metal prongs, some wires, a trigger, insulation, a rail mounting, and a transformer. All pretty cheap stuff, 1 token max. Then add a small generator. 1-2 tokens? Total: 2-3 tokens? The only thing that should cost significant money is the generator.

The main reason I want it generator powered is so we don't have to keep track of and pay for two types of ammo for one weapon.

Effect:
In atmosphere: Your laser now shoots lightning. It fries any uninsulated electronics you shoot, and it fries any uninsulated people you shoot. Really good against people in vehicles or other ungrounded metal boxes, or in water. Might have a chance to arc to multiple people or electrocute them with a near miss.
In vaccuum: You have a taser bayonet.
In water: You die.

Does that seem fair? Remember this is an upgrade not a weapon, you still have to buy the laser to put it on.

I hadn't considered the heavy exo's use for getting around strength stat requirements.  Good point.  My price recommendation doesn't change, though now I'm leaning more towards 8 rather than 7 tokens.

Heavy Armoured Exoskeleton:

This is fine.  Do note that, as with all heavy armor, the user's joints will be relatively vulnerable.

I stand by my price recomendation of 12-14 tokens.  I agree that 12 is best, and 14 is extreme, but remember that this provides nearly as much armor as a mobility assaultsuit, and doesn't have any stat requirement.  *suits got a 25% discount--5 tokens--purely because of the new requirement of +2 AUX.

Gungnir Electrolaser Kit MK2:

It requires a handi roll because it's vastly more complex to attach than a bayonet.  Yes, it's relatively simple to attach a M9 bayonet to an M16, because both items were designed for each other.  However, this is designed to attach to any laser rifle, all of which were made by different people with no standardization whatsoever; Here's a picture of both the standard lasrifle (top) and the FEL (bottom).  It's like making a bayonet that can attach to an M16, an AK47, or a QBZ95.

Also, the gungnir is much more complex than a simple bayonet.  You have to mount the battery, a second trigger, a power selector, and the spark gap itself.  And wire it properly.  It can't really be just one piece that's bolted on in a few places due to the severe differences in our guns.

So yeah.  Either it requires a handi roll, or you design it to work with only one thing.  Or get the council to say it shouldn't need a handi roll for game reasons.  *shrug*

AS TO THE MECHANICAL BITS...That's all fine.  Note that if you want it generator powered, I say it costs three tokens, and requires time to recharge in between full-power shots, like the hand laser.  Battery powered is two tokens, and can be used until the battery's dead.

And yes, I remember that this is an upgrade.  Mentally, I'm adding two tokens to account for a las rifle, and comparing to a tesla saber.

Can I get my super battleplate put up for armory inclusion?

maybe call it warplate?

Sure, I'm fine with it.  Talk to Nik and the Council.

Warplate sounds good.

PW said that the below designs "could work" a while back, but we didn't discuss pricing. Could I get a token estimate on both variants?
Spoiler: Monosaw proposals (click to show/hide)

Hmm.  Sabaton started playing as soon as I started reading your post.  Fitting.

Radial Monosaw costs four or five tokens, leaning towards four.

Chain Monosaw... How long is it?  If it's similar in length to the Monomachete, I'd say six tokens.  It's a lot more complex.

...You might want to go with forcefields instead, since those are cheaper than monowires.  Compare the monosword at 3t, to the monomachete at 4t.  Also, FFs don't have the problem of being fragile wires, though that may be a lesser flaw than exploding when they break.

Those seem more like something someone crazy with too many tokens would order custom, or something someone would assemble after finding a large stash of monorazors and power tools. Not something to put in the armoury.

(I'm estimating 6 tokens for the radial saw and 10 for the chainsaw.)

I've been assuming this is obvious, but I'm giving mass-production prices.  I.E. the price if it's in the armory.  Custom stuff always costs more; the radial monosaw would cost 7t, and the chainsaw one would be...  far too high.  10t sounds accurate.

About the same price as blaster, shoots electricity rather than laser, doesn't work in vacuum, has a non-lethal mode.
Electroblaster?

That's pretty much what NAV's doing with his Gungnir update--it can be mounted to blasters.  Unless you mean literally shooting just lightning, like the Tesla Arc.  I'm not sure how you could do that without essentially making a lightning bomb.  Not necessarily a bad idea if you're insulated...

What about a really high-power taser, for that matter?

Tasers are fine.  If you want more than that, give me details.  Pistol-shaped with barbs and wires?  Handheld buzzer box?  Zap gloves?  We already have an electrostick.

Ooh I wanna get in on the monoblade market.
I've got two designs.

Number 1 is a halberd.
or more specifically a profesional high flex golf club with a heavy iron club head that contains the field projector.
It uses the immense G-forces generated by the flex of the shaft as the heavy iron weight snaps forward when swung, and the weight of the club head itself, to force the blade to cleave through whatever its swung at.

The second is a curved sword.
Basically this one is gonna be similar to a kilij.
Its got a blade that continues straight for two thirds of its length, the curves back at a 35° angle for the rest.
now behind this is gonna be a curved metal rod with a heavy metal bulb on the end reminiscent of one of those plastic tennis ball throwers.
it operates on the same principle as the weapon above.

I'd prefer you consolidate your posts.  And by that I mean I might ignore all posts aside from the first, if multiposting gets common.

Halberd is 3t, +0 dex, +1/2(?) unc.  Much easier to use than the sword since you have a very visible weight to hit the target with.  Much easier to break, too, and can't do as much damage since it's harder to force the massive metal weight through the target.

I remember watching some videos of a guy just hacking a pig to pieces with a kilij.  I dunno if he was just really strong or if the design helped out, but it was impressive all the same.  4t in any case, and has the same flaws/benefits as the halberd.  Price increase is because you have to have multiple projectors to get that angle in the blade.

While I'm at it, I should also mention one of my first tinker ideas, the single-shot electroblaster bazooka. :P

Yeah, this would be so powerful you basically can't insulate yourself enough to survive.  It's a bomb, really. 

1a. What do planets currently do with their sewage, trash and industrial waste?

2a. So have the R&D guys figured out anything more about the God Modem?
2b. I mean beyond just making sexual harassment lions and mind control arms?
2c. What prototypes or basic widgets have they derived from it?

3a. Are throwing knives made out of pure Piezoelectric crystal UNCON? Because PW said they might be.

4a. From the aftermath of the Lurker's entrance, are there any electrical anomalies from things such as manip overloads?

5a. Can the 5 Second Reset have is time increased/decreased, changing how much battery each use requires?
5b. What happens to a human brain being carried by the user if it gets destroyed and is then reset?
5c. If you press it against someone and remotely activated it repeatedly, what happens?
5d. What if a mindless automaton uses it?

6a. Can a Pocket Dimension be given two Entrance/Exits?
6b. Can a Pocket Dimension have a dedicated Entrance in one location and a dedicated Exit in another?

7a. Is it possible to make a Matter Saver Woodchipper that quickly saves the matter it touches and ejects it in pieces?
7b. Can a Matter Saver be modified to that one end saves and the other end loads?
7c. Can a Pocket Dimension feed directly into a Matter Saver cartridge?

Thank you for the bullets!

1a.Currently?  I imagine they're just dumping it wherever there's room, alongside the bodies.  Most worlds probably recycled with matter conversion automanips, and after the Lurker... well, everything got a lot shittier.

2a.God Modem?  What?  Is that the God Computer?  I'm not giving you free tech, at least not from that.
2b.^
2c.^

3a.Sure.  Primarily because they're quite fragile, and break if you hold them wrong.  "Armor-piercing frag grenades" is what I've called them before.

4a.I'm not exactly sure what you're asking?  I don't think I can answer anyway.

5a.This is a Dangerous question.  No.
5b.Exactly the same thing as happens to your brain when it gets destroyed and reset.
5c.Exactly the same thing as if they had activated it themselves. (͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
5d.It isn't origin tech.  Should function normally.  Strangely, you can still suffer the deleterious effects overuse, despite not being within the activation radius.  *hint hint*

6a.Judging by the last mission briefing, yes.
6b.^

7a.I don't know, maybe?  Why?
7b.^
7c.Uh.  I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds extremely dangerous.  I invite you to try it yourself, though.  You're in M26; you can afford it.

Well, since everyone is happily doing things, I guess I'll jump on this train as well. Been months since I tinkered...

For PIECEWISE:

• Could you please check your memory, consult your notes, and describe 1) Walking (Magister's?) Bastion, 2) High-Guard Armor, 3) Arbiter Cloak (not to be confused with Avatar Cloak) "cloth" armors?
Spoiler: Source, for reference: (click to show/hide)
Edit: Found the Shadow Walker cloak item description, removed from question.

• Secondly, could you explain the tech behind the Avatar Cloak a bit? I.e., just enough handwavium so we could handwave along, not in-depth technical specs, of course.

FOR SYVARRIS:
(And yeah, no selective capitalization because the name looks better when uniform. Got that!)

• Sharksuit 1.5
    Add a small layer of hexsand to the sharksuit as the innermost coating. It should be cheap enough (possibly remove the equal measure of sharkmist armor for economic and uniformity purposes) not to increase the cost while marginally increasing the survivability and protecting the user from "being fed upon by his own suit", should that ever happen.
  • Emergency wireline
    The concept is simple: I want, with our modern ER tech applied (only as relevant), a big, long reel of wire (cable?) that could be used for communications. Because anomaly missions happen (I've had this concept in mind since M6, but M21 just notched it up further), as well as because sometimes there is also enemy interference to be considered (which also might be alien/anomalous in nature, so not as easily dealt with).
    I want this wire strong, I want it capable of supporting all our communications (i.e. probably a bit more than just a few threads of copper wire), I want it lightweight (for transportation and for longer length of unsupported cable) - in that order of importance. Oh, and of course, first and foremost, I want it cheap - because this isn't just yesterday tech, this isn't even last millenium tech.
    (This Tinker-project is for the wire/cable itself, but for the purposes of Tinkering, let's add a 1-token reel of it to this action - unless you think it could as well be completely free.)
  • MCP 1.1 (suit chassis)
    Add:
    • magnetic clamps (MCP-II already has the non-magnetic ones, but MCP-I doesn't, and let's add the secondary system as well) - on feet and additional smaller on hands and on elbows
    • small comms box for using the wire/cable described above with a small reel of said wire
    • simple, cheap, basic thrusters (maybe ion, feeding off the suit generator, maybe gas ones, maybe regular advanced-fuel ones with just a tiny bit of fuel) - not enough for a jump on a surface of a planet, but just enough delta-v to offer some manoeuvring capability in open space
    • rope harness with a reel of rope for space and ground operations (rope strengthened (a lot) & lightened (maybe) with tech, but, again, extremely cheap), complete with a number of swiveling hooks and other related equipment (notably, a pack of special clips for affixing the wire to the rope)
    • proper utility belt for all the things and connectors and stuff (implied earlier, but now we need it explicitly) - the belt should be detachable (apart from the reels/connectors, of course)
    That's a long list, but all those things are dirt cheap or extremely cheap, so the intention is that it wouldn't change the price of our MCP-suits.
    (I feel that at this point I should just stop, but - bear with me, the next one is going to be extremely short and simple. And also, four is such a nice number!)
  • Milnoplate brain-casing
    Take Milnoplate, adapt as an armoring add-on for robo-bodies - encase the braincase with it for drastically improved survivability. As simple as a Milnoplate helmet adapted for robo-bodies. Probably shouldn't even interfere with any armoring add-ons either.

I highly doubt PW still reads this thread.  The entire purpose of having me run it is so that he can pretend it doesn't exist.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's said in the past that he doesn't even remember what most of those specific items are.

1.I let the ARMLongcoat have a layer of hexsand for free, so I suppose it's fair to give one to the sharksuit.  You already know my thoughts on this, I imagine.

2.I'm pretty sure this could be free.  We get forcefield containers for free, and other tools too.  There's nothing inherently special about comms cables, unlike the AWaCCP.  If it isn't free... how about a token per two hundred feet, and it's really good wire.

3.You get:
  • comms box
  • hooks and loops and such for attaching rope.  Rope sold seperately, though it's probably free.
  • Simple utility belt.  Utilities sold seperately.
I'm really not sure about the magnets and thrusters.  They're certainly too much for a standard, free suit... except the Sword has no artificial gravity, so they would be almost necessary for simple daily life.  Hrm.

4.Yeah, one token.  This is a really good idea and I have no idea why I never did it myself.  It might interfere with some of the braincase mods though.

Why not me too?

Let's finalize Chem Thrower extra chems.
1. Doomsday, 10 uses canister.
2. Haebi acid, 10 uses canister. Perhaps separate one time purchase of 1 token forcefield tubing to prevent it melting the weapon?

1.I don't remember exactly how effective Doomsday is, and I don't feel like searching.  I think it was like a megavirus or something?
2.Hmm.  We have Haebi flesh and brain, so there's no reason for this to be expensive.  1t, plus an extra 2t initially for the forcefield cladding, because forcefields are expensive.  Note that this makes the barrel explosive, and the gun will explode if dropped in its acid.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1751 on: January 23, 2016, 10:12:23 pm »

So what do I do now? Contract the council about creating Gauss Canon equivalents for arranger? Contact the council about balancing arranger bullets like Gauss rifle bullets? Make up things and say how much I think they would cost? I need to know, quick! I need more guns to continue my  transformation to mech warrior.

Hmm.  We have Haebi flesh and brain, so there's no reason for this to be expensive.  1t, plus an extra 2t initially for the forcefield cladding, because forcefields are expensive.  Note that this makes the barrel explosive, and the gun will explode if dropped in its acid.
Remember that tokens are not only a measure of resources needed to build something. They're also a measure of trust. Do you really want to give someone the ability to melt an Avatar of War for 3 tokens? And to make holes in almost anything for one token? Without suffering the results of a nuclear explosion?

If you feel like you need to justify the cost, say it's because the ammo canister is also armoured.

Irrelevant: I really liked your pun.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:14:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35:18 pm »

((Bold part will be answered when PW replies to my PM.  Currently, I don't know how I'm supposed to handle unexplained magic.))

I'm sort of split between pricing things based on balance, and on literal cost.  I'm focusing more on the latter, since the council is the final word for balancing; it doesn't seem illogical for the acid to be inexpensive, and if it's OP, the price can be upped by the council.  You have a good point about armoring the canister, though...

And... what pun?  The quote contained none.  Though I do find them fun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »

I'm curious about a potential 'upgrade' to the sharksuit. essentially the idea is to incorporate a reservoir system containing an organic paste, with veinlike tubes designed to carry the paste to damaged areas for the sharkmist to use in self repair. reservoirs could be scattered around the limbs and torso of the suit so as to not need a central backpack or something. It might be a minor upgrade, but it might be helpful.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 23, 2016, 10:40:59 pm »

Electroblaster?

That's pretty much what NAV's doing with his Gungnir update--it can be mounted to blasters.  Unless you mean literally shooting just lightning, like the Tesla Arc.  I'm not sure how you could do that without essentially making a lightning bomb.  Not necessarily a bad idea if you're insulated...

Yeah, this would be so powerful you basically can't insulate yourself enough to survive.  It's a bomb, really. 
Similar to the Gungnir, yes, but as a complete weapon, so that it doesn't need a Handi roll to assemble.
And for both of these weapons, they have a very weak laser component, like the hand laser/red hand, not to deal damage, but to guide the electricity to it's target. Consequently, these are weapons for use in-atmosphere only.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127