Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 215977 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1845 on: February 10, 2016, 05:32:03 am »

Also remember that hex bug is stupidly heavy. So that sword will be hard to lift.
And it can't bend. It's so sturdy it can damage things it's mounted on. So you might encounter a situation where the hex bug holds, but the sword itself breaks. Or worse, your hands break.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 11, 2016, 11:07:28 am »

Spoilered for length.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:58:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 11, 2016, 12:40:20 pm »

A Bomb!
Set an automated FA to really really powerful, way more so than the gun. Then activate it without charging at all.
It "either goes unstable or can violently draw potential and kinetic energy out of the area. Mostly by tearing potential, chemical and thermal energy out of the environment."

Sorry I had to. Please don't shock me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1848 on: February 11, 2016, 12:55:19 pm »

A Bomb!
Set an automated FA to really really powerful, way more so than the gun. Then activate it without charging at all.
It "either goes unstable or can violently draw potential and kinetic energy out of the area. Mostly by tearing potential, chemical and thermal energy out of the environment."

[Schwarzenegger voice]Everybody chill![/Schwarzenegger voice]
*throws cryo-grenade*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:30 pm »

If it absorbs both chemical and thermal energy, doesn't that make it both a flame and cryo grenade?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1850 on: February 11, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »

If it breaks down chemical bonds and then absorb all energy of those bonds, then it might just turn everything into very cold ash or gas. Something like a sandstorm combined with snowfall combined with a small explosion.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 11, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Hmm, it doesn't remove the water, and it removes potential energy, so if you used it on a human you'd end up with a pile of bloody snow pressed to the ground.
Then you can build them back up into a snow spessman.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 12, 2016, 01:45:56 pm »

More noob support stuff:

How about carbon-fiber underlayers for those sharksuits. This will increase its ablative capabilities without munching the operator. A simple carbon-fabric under the armor would suffice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayon
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:23:49 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 13, 2016, 02:06:22 am »

You know what I was thinking, use a precharged auto force infuser set in the middle of a gauss round set to activate a little bit after impact just to help with the penatrating ability if the guass round and the damage it can do.

It would be something like this
= gauss
F force infuser.
) Activation button

==F=)
So when it impacts the button is pressed releasing the energy in the force infuser
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 13, 2016, 03:30:52 am »

You know what I was thinking, use a precharged auto force infuser set in the middle of a gauss round set to activate a little bit after impact just to help with the penatrating ability if the guass round and the damage it can do.

It would be something like this
= gauss
F force infuser.
) Activation button

==F=)
So when it impacts the button is pressed releasing the energy in the force infuser

What you mean by "activation button" is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_fuze

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:42 am »

Yep thank you. I did not know what that was called
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:12:41 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 13, 2016, 10:08:52 pm »

Spoilered for length.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Length (click to show/hide)

A Bomb!

Don't worry, I won't shock you for using PW's strange ideas to break the game.  I'll only shock you if you try and  trick me.  Or if you anger me.

Regardless, 2t, and I have no idea how effective or reliable this would be.  I recommend you make it a brisant grenade.

More noob support stuff:

How about carbon-fiber underlayers for those sharksuits. This will increase its ablative capabilities without munching the operator. A simple carbon-fabric under the armor would suffice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayon

Nikitian tried to add a hexsand lining to the inside of sharksuits a while ago, for the same reasons.  Either method is a free upgrade, since both're adding a negligible amount of material, neither of which provide any real protection from anything.  Sharksuits don't eat their wearer in the first place, and are already an inch thick and made of nearly solid carbon; adding a thin layer of carbon fabric won't improve their ablative protection to any notable degree.

If you want to add enough fabric that it notably improves the sharksuit's resistance to lasers, you can do that, but note that carbon fabric isn't the most efficient material you could use.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:56 am »

Spoiler alert!

Edit: will organize different modules into their own spoilers by category, for easier reading.

Spoiler: command and control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EUE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spess shups (click to show/hide)

I'm sure you or anyone foolish enough to read up to this point can come up with quite a few things I missed. Do enlighten me!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:08:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 15, 2016, 11:41:37 am »

Underbarrel brisant variant?
Made new post.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:47:56 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:47 am »

Can't we just configure all our Solid Light Protection Fields by default to turn off for a split second whenever the user fires a weapon?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 127