Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87916 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »

Solymr-- if you think someone is most likely scum then you should be presenting a case and placing a vote. We've got over 24 hours left, so any temporary tie you might make can easily be broken before day's end. Refusal to commit at this stage will be hard to justify come Day 3. Even if your pick isn't one of the current lynch candidates then you'll at least have openly declared your suspicions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »

Extend.
Argh these last fewd ays.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »

Alrighty then, I'll vote for darkpaladin because I'm pretty much sure he isn't town, and because I have my doubts about why would Caz act like that.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »

Slept for 13 hours, great for my brain... Since I haven't slept for the past few days...

Extend. and reading

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 02, 2014, 01:24:40 pm »

Solymr:
[1]You assume that one of the possible night killers was inactive instead of just not wanting to kill anyone to mess with us. That possibility is still up.
Also your calculations of the chances of his lynching being beneficial to town is faulty. I get around 50% chances of him being SK or scum according to your reasoning, which [2]I don't like either because your set of suspects is different to mine.

[3]I thought it was a pressure vote because Deathsword just replaced scientist and hasn't posted much.
[1] I don't see how it is ever in the benefit of the scum or a SK not to kill.  Even if it means killing a lurker, that is one fewer player you have to deal with, which almost always offsets the possible confusion benefits of not killing.
[2] Your set of suspects, as seen previously, appears to intersect with mine: I still think that DP is likely scum, and say as much during my analysis.  I don't have a good read on Caz because he refuses to say much, which apparently is typical for Caz.  I already devoted time to cross-examining NQT and do not believe him to be scum, as I have already stated.
[3] This indicates that you did not read my post, which is somewhat suspicious seeing as how you responded to it.  Looking for easy targets, Solymr?

PPE: I see, voting for DP.  And SBC, welcome back.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »

Read the last 6 pages... I've forgotten most of what was said earlier, and will re-read more, but just to get me back here, I'll start posting...

First of all. Tiruin: Why did you edit a post, and why did no one call her out on it? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136304.msg5043360#msg5043360

Secondly: NQT, Why is Solymr and MOWE least likely to be scum? Other than the vote d1. I'd say Solymr is active lurking.

MOWE: mastahcheese played like this last game. Whenever he does attack someone, it turns into a tunnel like attack. He caught a very minor thing of Makeinu's, and tunneled him to death. He did not focus on multiple people last game, so I'm wondering why you ask this?

Caz: What in the world happened? Are you alright? I'm pretty sure you didn't post like this in the previous game I was in with you.

NQT: You say that you made Solymr not tie in order to lynch IG, but at the same time, you also were defending IG.

Trying to manipulate words and make them seem like you are the best in all worlds?

All: The TDS NK seems to be several possibilities:
1) Scum NKed, Bad did nothing/inactive
2) Scum inactive, Bad Killed
3) Scum checked, Bad Killed.

Seeing how there is a 3rd party killing role, I think that it is quite likely for there to be only two scum. Which means that the second scum can't check someone and NK at the same time. Meaning that both Bad and Scum could be active, and only result in one kill, with both sending in an action at night.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:23 pm »

Yes, Tiruin edited the post.  I can confirm, having seen the post pre-edit, that it was the same and that the only thing she did was spoiler the rant and add the "yes, I edited" comment.  That's everything different that I noticed.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2014, 01:59:30 pm »

Hmmm,

Also isn't it beneficial for the 3rd parties to join with the Union? Since they end up with a union wincom anyways. Since the Ugly is basically Immune to NKs, and the Bad could also be a vig for town, as well as a SK, depending who is Bad.

The Good is a mason with Ugly with a one shot night kill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2014, 02:06:17 pm »

Also, Persus: do the third parties count as town for the purpose of when the game ends?  So, for instance, if there were two scum, two town, the bad, and the ugly left, would the scum win or would the game continue?  This is important for how much time and leeway we have in lynches.
The game ends when Mafia or Town can't be stopped from winning. In your proposed scenario, that is not the case because the Bad is still in play, and the Ugly has a town wincon and so would care about finding scum.

Hmmm,

Also isn't it beneficial for the 3rd parties to join with the Union? Since they end up with a union wincom anyways. Since the Ugly is basically Immune to NKs, and the Bad could also be a vig for town, as well as a SK, depending who is Bad.

Firstly, there are 3 scum in total, currently 2 scum remaining.

Your definition of The Good is accurate, but the Ugly is only immune to an Nk once.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »

I see, and I'm blind... Gosh.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »

Also, Persus: do the third parties count as town for the purpose of when the game ends?  So, for instance, if there were two scum, two town, the bad, and the ugly left, would the scum win or would the game continue?  This is important for how much time and leeway we have in lynches.
The game ends when Mafia or Town can't be stopped from winning. In your proposed scenario, that is not the case because the Bad is still in play, and the Ugly has a town wincon and so would care about finding scum.

Hmmm,

Firstly, there are 3 scum in total, currently 2 scum remaining.

Your definition of The Good is accurate, but the Ugly is only immune to an Nk once.
I... don't remember this from the OP.  I, too, was under the impression that the Ugly is perma-immune to the confederate NK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2014, 02:50:50 pm »

Apoligies, I should have made that clearer.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2014, 06:12:14 pm »

Solymr, MOWE, You guys are the least likeliest to be scum.

Why do you think this btw?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

Reason for one kill could be the Bad/maf hitting the Ugly also.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 02, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »

Solymr, MOWE, You guys are the least likeliest to be scum.

Why do you think this btw?
I believe the same thing, and here's why:
It was a one vote margin that lynched IG.  And he never had more than two people on him.  Either one of them could have voted someone else on some trumped up charge or another and switched the vote from him.  They didn't, and Solymr was active towards the end of the day, meaning that neither of them is likely scum because neither of them is stupid enough to bus an ally like that.  Doing something like that D1 over a non-scum lynch is a level of bad play beyond anything I have ever seen.
You've been somewhat active, Caz.  Don't think that I've forgotten you.  You should have known that from the multiplicity of comments along those lines today.  Do you truly believe that NQT is scum?  Or is your vote just an OMGUS?  If you believe he is scum, could you say why?  Putting your suspicions out there is the only way we will know what you think and see your reasoning.

PPE: Also, the bad kills the ugly if he tries that.  The ugly is only immune to the confederate nk, if I read that correctly.  And that is bad logic, because if that was the case a confederate would have died, which didn't happen.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33