Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370518 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's the one, I couldn't remember it's number.
Sweet, reusable revive and ability to learn new actions. That's... pretty powerfully awesome. I kind of wish that I could now use this in a real mafia game...

I was going to suggest next The Role that is Everyone Else's Role, but the one you made for my Lego SCP is pretty much that. :D
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Hmmm......
Cacame Awemedinade

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:58:39 am by notquitethere »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:16 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

GreatWyrmGold role
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

The Honorable Arthur Porter, member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada and former head of the Security Intelligence Review Committee.  Currently awaiting trial for an assortment of fraud-type charges related to improper handling of a $1.3 billion construction project.
Man, your choices are always hard. I'll try in a bit.
Alright, let's see what I can do...

The Honorable Arthur Porter
Survivor

(Auto) Fraud: You have no real actions. However, you may use the following actions. Using them is, of course, strictly against the rules, but as long as no one knows your role...
(Auto) Diplomatic Immunity?: You revive on death until someone knows your role.

Track
Watch
Block
Inspect
Protect
Redirect

Yeah, that's the one, I couldn't remember it's number.
Sweet, reusable revive and ability to learn new actions. That's... pretty powerfully awesome. I kind of wish that I could now use this in a real mafia game...

I was going to suggest next The Role that is Everyone Else's Role, but the one you made for my Lego SCP is pretty much that. :D
This would be a Shakerag role. This is how I deal with Shakerag roles.

The Role that is Everyone Else's Role
Town

(Auto) Everyone Else's Role: You do not control your Night actions. Each Day, your available Night actions are listed for the whole Town. Players vote on the actions and targets to use these actions on secretly. The vote results are listed at the end of the Day.
(Night) Inspect [target]: You inspect the target, learning the target's alignment and one of their abilities.
(Night) Absorb [target]: You absorb one of the abilities from the target for one Cycle, disabling the ability from the target for one Cycle.
(1-Shot, Day) Flip: You now have limited control over all other players. Choose the action and target for all other players. If that action exists, that player's action and target are changed to your choices.

Hmmm......
Cacame Awemedinade
Bah. Bookmarking for later.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

The BYOR role that is an active detriment to the alignment (min. 2 other players) I'm a part of

This was a strong contender for my next BYOR role.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Toaster's and Jim's Mafia Bromance
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The BYOR role that is an active detriment to the alignment (min. 2 other players) I'm a part of
This was a strong contender for my next BYOR role.
Toaster, penalize Shakerag no matter what role he submits in KotM5.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

I'm not sure that would be enough to stop him, Toony.  He did manage to stay alive for a while as an EDIT: after submitting Unlynchable in KOTM4, after all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:46:46 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Hmmm......
Cacame Awemedinade
This one's tough. Elven King of the Dwarves, eh? Well, you know he's too dwarvenly for the rest of the Town.

Cacame Awemedinade
SK

(Auto) The Glorious Elven King of the Dwarves: On alignment inspections, you appear as the Ally of the alignment of the player that inspected you. You also learn who inspected you.
(Night) Awemedinite Warhammer [target]: Choose two of the following: Kill the target; Block the target; Remove an ability of the target; Remove the target's vote permanently.
(1-Shot) Colossus of Cacame [target (x1-99)]: Choose any number of targets. If these targets are not the same alignment, this ability does nothing and is used up. Steal any unused revive abilities that belong to these targets, THEN kill all chosen targets. You learn which alignment all of these players were if they flip differently from what they are.

And that might not even be strong enough.

Dog vomit slime mold role
Hmm... I'll skip this for now. I can't think of anything fun just yet.

One Of Those Games Vector Runs
One of those Games Vector Runs
Town

(Auto) The Lonely Princess: "Do I have to wear this?" She asked, lifting the skirt. Her composure almost made the question redundant. "It's horrid."

The maid gave her a look of disapproval, and a barely audible "tut tut." The maid knew how much she hated that. And she knew the maid knew.

"Today is an important day, and your mother and I think that it very much suits you."

She rolled her eyes. "I think it looks horrid," she muttered. She much preferred showing off the bulletproof vest she hid beneath the outfit.

You cannot be killed by actions. You cannot use kill actions nor vote, as these are unprincess-like.

(Night) The Iron Diadem: "You what?!" the man asked, not so much because he hadn't heard, but to make sure his ears were not spontaneously failing him.

"I am commandeering this establishment."

"Is that even possible?"

The woman shoved him aside. What is with these peasants and their incessant questioning of her actions? If she said it was possible, then it was. End of story. What part of that had been so hard for this man?

"Look," the man started, "I really need to opening the polling station so--" He noticed the distant look in her face and correctly realized she wasn't hearing anything he said.

He pulled out his cellphone while she proceeded to lock the doors behind her.

"911? I'm having an issue..."

You become Queen for a Day. Only you can vote.

(1-Shot, Night) Ex Cathedra: 'The night is bitter cold. We have battled hard... So why now?' he thought, staring at the door, frozen shut. His anger visibly etched itself onto his face. His hands curled into fists, and he slammed them. 'Goddammit,' he thought.

'God? No,' came a voice in his head, startling him. 'God did not do this.'

'Who are you?' He looked around, questioning who could hear his thoughts and why he'd be able to see them now.

But he did. He saw her face. He opened his mouth to ask something, but she cut him off with a laugh. The most horrible, everlasting laugh he had ever heard.

All non-aligned players are blocked.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

. . .
Tiruin's Mafia GM Profile.

I wonder how webadict sees the games I've run o-o

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure that would be enough to stop him, Toony.  He did manage to stay alive for a while as an EDIT: after submitting Unlynchable in KOTM4, after all.
That was hilarious.

Possibly my second favorite mafia moment after using the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air intro in a post.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

You mean this?

NOW THIS IS THE STORY ALL ABOUT HOW
MY ROLE GOT FLIPPED TURNED UPSIDE DOWN
AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE JUST SIT RIGHT HERE
I'LL TELL YOU HOW I BECAME THE PRINCE OF A GAME CALLED MAFIA

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

@Webadict: If possible I would like to see what role Nerjin would be.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 193