Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370365 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread. Oh, and some quote or another.
« Reply #1740 on: April 12, 2016, 09:34:04 pm »

Aspergers Syndrome (Although doctors have perplexingly renamed it to Autism Spectrum Disorder; I'd honestly rather have a Syndrome than a Disorder, thanks! Disorder implies it's purely negative.)
It's Autism either way, so why have two different disorders for one particular spot on the spectrum? Aspergers is just a high functioning person on the spectrum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 12, 2016, 09:51:14 pm »

Aspergers Syndrome (Although doctors have perplexingly renamed it to Autism Spectrum Disorder; I'd honestly rather have a Syndrome than a Disorder, thanks! Disorder implies it's purely negative.)
Let me introduce you to my friend Thomas Szasz.
I will disagree with you, purely on the basis multiple members of my family have continuing existence in part due to psychiatry and/or psychology (I'm making the assumption the quote refers to both) including myself, to some extent.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:16 pm »

(I'm making the assumption the quote refers to both)
It does not.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 13, 2016, 01:35:58 am »

(I'm making the assumption the quote refers to both)
It does not.
Oh good. I'll rescind my comment then. Psychology is more my thing. At least psychologists acknowledge individual differences...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 13, 2016, 07:41:47 am »

Let me introduce you to my friend Thomas Szasz.
I will disagree with you, purely on the basis multiple members of my family have continuing existence in part due to psychiatry and/or psychology (I'm making the assumption the quote refers to both) including myself, to some extent.
I'll disagree with you as a Psychology student who sees the DSM IV and its shift to DSM V. :P

But I'll poke them roots here. "Implies" is a powerful idea, just as much as many attributive words that connect something to a cause, like 'seems like' or 'feels like', it's a cognitive process helpful for our ways of understanding things; it should not be used as our only method to form conclusions however, because it's not a specific process. It's a process that gives 'possibly it can mean {x}'. It's not a process that gives "This means {x} so yeah. :I"

It does not mean an abnormality, since I'm using Psychological terms. Disorder means something that impacts multiple areas or aspects about your life, and may create distress from the symptoms experienced. It is not meant to have a negative connotation in of itself.

Also PDFs are your friend. I am being silly but I hope you can get it! :3
Do explicitly note, the constant use of 'may/tend'. This is used because of having to acknowledge the general situation, while also giving acknowledgement to possibility in specific situations and the differences that may occur--"this may happen" {is a general statement underlying the idea because of certain reasons; it does not mean "If you have {x} diagnosis, this may happen to you because you have it o_o"...pretty much because post-diagnosis, there's always counseling and information-giving}. The use of 'may' or any other idea that gives the meaning of possibility is also to give mention to an applied context within the current reality (that means 'things that happen to someone in realistic situations, due to how many factors exist'), along with giving mention to statistical understanding, then backed up by qualitative reinforcement.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:51:11 am by Tiruin »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 14, 2016, 08:16:25 pm »

What are sites to play regularly scheduled games of mafia?

Im a little peeved with my current site
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 18, 2016, 06:11:46 pm »

mafia marathon is going to be going on for at least a year if the current rate continues.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 18, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »

mafia marathon is going to be going on for at least a year if the current rate continues.

Shhh.

God damn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »

Game's still ongoing, no talking about...

Hey actually, for Mafia Marathon, do we think the lockout on talking games in progress should be based on the rounds, or on the entire game?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 24, 2016, 09:35:18 pm »

I just had a terrible/incredible idea for a game. Star Control II, with every player a different race and everyone required to role-play as the race they are given.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: April 24, 2016, 09:35:59 pm »

Hum.

You'd have to significantly loredump.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 24, 2016, 09:38:36 pm »

Star Control II is the same as Ur-Quan Masters, right?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 24, 2016, 09:39:27 pm »

Nah, I'd just require that as prep for the game everyone has to play Star Control II long enough to learn how to play their character. :P

ANd, yeah, the Ur-Quon Masters is the free Version. Should be required playing for anyone who likes games in any case.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 24, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »

Now I'm imagining someone rp'ing as the Orz.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:50 pm »

That would be hilarious.

In the meantime, I'm looking for some more people for Corruption Mafia.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 193