Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369277 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #1980 on: April 26, 2017, 12:05:15 am »

Where have all the other old regulars gone? I imagine most just kinda fade out like I did, but was there anything more dramatic?

I'm still around but I don't have anything to say most of the time and I don't have time to play any games.
Yay! Then I'd just love to drop a note to you and Toaster--big thanks, as well as to those I've played with over the years; your teachings in my earliest BMs (Think0028's) helped me a ton, here and in insight in life. :3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:36 am »

AND SO IT BEGINS

Adulthood sucks.  And I'm allergic to responsibilities.  I just put off paying a dental bill for a month because I couldn't be arsed to go to my bank's website and do the bill pay thingie.
This. I just recently had to get a new car after the first one melted, and MY GOD now I have to call so many goddamn people about the payments, and the warranty, and the insurance, and the safety features, and fucking everything it drives me insane. And now my bank account is unhappy and that makes me unhappy. And my wife says "just try to get more overtime" and i know that, but that requires work and I'm lazy.
Plus I fucking hate the people at work on the shift before me so I avoid coming in early like the plague.

Also, I have killed about a dozen sprouts this spring so far.  Growing plants is hard.  Well, at least growing some pansy ass plants is hard.  Broccoli is coming up like a champ, but the goddamn eggplants are about as limp wristed as those antifa fucks.  Tomato plants too, which is funny, because once they start growing they goddamn explode.

I shouldn't be too hard on the plants.  At least a plant never asked for someone to give it a trigger warning.  I can respect plants for that.
I just recently went to an Earth Day festival, and now I have like 5 different tree saplings that need planting, but I don't even know where I'm going to put them. Also other plants, including tomatos.

Is it any wonder I'm on blood pressure pills?  Oh shit.  I still need to take that tonight.  Well, the bottle didn't say anything about not taking it with alcohol, so....
I'm no expert on either medicine nor booze, but you should probably ask a doctor about that before combining those.

Fox news does nothing but fucking talk about Trump.  It's crazy.  I only know this because some ashole keeps putting it on at work.
The TV at work used to be stuck on shitty news channels for the longest time, but finally people complained until the higher-ups held a meeting on it (higher priority than fixing our broken machines, apparently) and they decided to lock it on Food Network, which I approve of.

Indian black salt is the shit.  It makes everything taste like eggs.
I have never tried that, but wouldn't the taste of eggs get tiring after a while?

I haven't cleaned the toilet in over a year.  But then again, neither has my SO. 
I neglected to clean the toilet for years, and one day, all the caked-on gunk literally caved in under its own weight, and a massive chunk broke off, leaving the actual wall of the toilet basin pristinely clean, and then I just whacked the rest of it off until the toilet looked like new.
Some problems do fix themselves.

Our DVR is always 100% full.  And she's bitching about missing Nexflix after having a free week.  We record too many goddamn shows as it is.  Why're you bitching about watching Nexlifx?
I don't have a DVR, but I wish I did. I've been getting into Netflix recently, though. (Had to switch over to Hulu, though, because Netflix only had 3 seasons of Bleach on it, instead of the 20+ Hulu has.)

Ok.  that's enough banter.
Vote Shakerag
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:13 am »

Yay! Then I'd just love to drop a note to you and Toaster--big thanks, as well as to those I've played with over the years; your teachings in my earliest BMs (Think0028's) helped me a ton, here and in insight in life. :3

np bro

Think0028

Damn.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:37 am »

np bro

Think0028

Damn.
Jim!  I love you man.  No homo.  Unless you're up for it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: April 26, 2017, 11:01:17 am »

Dar and Book the same way, I guess? What about NQT? Those are the big ones that stick out in my head.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 26, 2017, 11:44:07 am »

Dar and Book the same way, I guess? What about NQT? Those are the big ones that stick out in my head.

Dariush hasn't been around in a while, same with Book. NQT just... wasn't quite there one day. Basically, he disappeared.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 26, 2017, 11:54:18 am »

NQT was running a game when he disappeared too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:59 pm »

See webadict?  This is the model you're setting for the other mods on this forum.

I'll see your forumites and raise you an LNCP.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 26, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »

He hasn't been gone as long as some others, but Org.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 26, 2017, 02:09:13 pm »

See webadict?  This is the model you're setting for the other mods on this forum.

I'll see your forumites and raise you an LNCP.
I am only cool because of how bad an influence I am on people.

I remember them old people. Y'all are so new compared to me. Org was one of the oldest. In fact, I'm so old, I played in games with Meph. I was even there for the very first Mafia game. Or at least, the one that started everything. I was the First Mate on a pirate ship. And I made them all walk th' plank.

Plus, no one ever really saw the full extent of the Solifuge vs. Kashykk Child battle in DF Mafia 3. That was an epic gamble... That Meph stopped accidentally.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 26, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »

That wasn't accidentally, I spent a long time trying to figure out who the real one was. I happened to be right.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 26, 2017, 03:45:23 pm »

I thought Org had been gone longer? I joined back in 2012/2013 and iirc I never played with Org but I definitely played with Book and maybe even Dariush.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 26, 2017, 03:48:20 pm »

I thought Org had been gone longer? I joined back in 2012/2013 and iirc I never played with Org but I definitely played with Book and maybe even Dariush.
I guess I forgot how long I've been here... it's been a while.  I joined January 2014 and I think Org left a year before that.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 26, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »

I remember Org.  He was a character.

I came in at the start of 2011.  Pandarsenic was still buried in midterms, NativeForeigner was still buried in work, JanusTwoFace was playing his last (I think) few games, Archangel was about to quit again, we still had Jokerman...
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 26, 2017, 04:03:23 pm »

I guess I forgot how long I've been here... it's been a while.  I joined January 2014 and I think Org left a year before that.
I first posted in a Mafia thread on November 26, 2013, so I missed Org by several months. But hey, at least we still have Shakerag.

In other news, I've been here on these forums for almost five years (I joined June 28th 2012) :o

EPWOP: I think I remember Pandarsenic and I definitely played a game or two with NativeForeigner. I also played a few games with Imp, RangerCado, and makeinu before they left. Oh, and Caz and Toaster and Persus13 (although I've seen Persus around in some more recent games).

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 193