Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370555 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #1995 on: April 26, 2017, 04:08:20 pm »

EPWOP: I think I remember Pandarsenic and I definitely played a game or two with NativeForeigner. I also played a few games with Imp, RangerCado, and makeinu before they left. Oh, and Caz and Toaster and Persus13 (although I've seen Persus around in some more recent games).
I played with all of those back in the day, too, since I didn't join that much after you.  I think I played a game with NativeForeigner but I don't recall ever interacting with pandarsenic.  Also, don't forget nerjin, who seems to have disappeared off of the face of the earth recently.

If we want to discuss more recent disappearances, we can always talk about flabort and origamiscienceguy, who both had their debut games as games I ran (Greatest Battle of Orbfalls and Operation Overlord, respectively).  I also remember Jiokuy who most people here may have forgotten about (again, mostly because his first game was GBOO).

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 26, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »

:(

Reading the last page or so really hits in terms of how long this forum's been around.

I almost don't want to go reread my first game on here, because I was reallllly young back then... >.>

PPE: and then 4mask ends up ninjaing me. Not that that's unusual...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 26, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »

:(

Reading the last page or so really hits in terms of how long this forum's been around.

I almost don't want to go reread my first game on here, because I was reallllly young back then... >.>

PPE: and then 4mask ends up ninjaing me. Not that that's unusual...
<3

I remember my first game fondly because of how fucking stupid I was.  I replaced into BM 44 and got myself lynched the same day as the cop because I had no idea what I was doing.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 26, 2017, 04:20:35 pm »

I mostly remember the BYOR-style games where I was scum. Especially BYOCards - that was a fun game of non-bastard mindgames along with Urist I. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 26, 2017, 04:32:08 pm »

I first posted in a Mafia thread on November 26, 2013, so I missed Org by several months. But hey, at least we still have Shakerag.
Aren't you so lucky?

I came in at the start of 2011.
Huh.  I came in near the end of 2011.  Hooray for us?

Get off my lawn.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 26, 2017, 04:38:13 pm »

My first game here, Supernatural 3, was a trainwreck on my part, and everyone (including me) knew it at the time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 26, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »

My first game was awful. Got ultra paranoid and went after an IC, 'cause obviously someone with authority is dangerous to the town. D1 lynch... a fate I have managed to avoid since then, 'cept when I want it to happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 26, 2017, 04:55:30 pm »

I think I replaced into a Roguelike for my first game? That sounds right. I think I did okay.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 26, 2017, 07:17:16 pm »

Its weird how some people are including me as part of the old crowd. I don't think I ever played with Org, and I started playing Mafia in the summer of 2013, so I only came in a few months before TDS. I feel like I was among the first of a new wave of people that showed up between 2013-2014 and stuck around. The Mafia and Other Games sections of the forum are the only areas I still frequent regularly. I haven't opened the other subforums in months.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:55 pm »

Oh my god.

I just checked.

I have 12.15% of all posts in this subforum.

I have 10039 of the 82633 posts.

I am the king of the mafia.

Its weird how some people are including me as part of the old crowd. I don't think I ever played with Org, and I started playing Mafia in the summer of 2013, so I only came in a few months before TDS. I feel like I was among the first of a new wave of people that showed up between 2013-2014 and stuck around. The Mafia and Other Games sections of the forum are the only areas I still frequent regularly. I haven't opened the other subforums in months.
There's like 4 generations here.

There's the elder gods, which include the likes of me, Meph, and Pandarsenic. We've been here since before this place was even a subforum.
There's the old guard, which includes Vector, dakarian, and Tiruin. They were here before it was cool.
There's the new bloods, which would include you. You guys joined recently enough that you feel new to me, but you're way old to everyone else.
Then there's today's newbies. These guys are super new, but it's always cool to see who stays. But, these guys include people that only joined within the past 2 years.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 26, 2017, 07:31:07 pm »

[...]There's the old guard, which includes Vector, dakarian, and Tiruin. They were here before it was cool.[...]
I-I'm part of the old guard?
I am so honored u_u Especially since I joined back like...BM 28 or so.

Oh wow I've been here for half a loveable decade! :D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 26, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »

[...]There's the old guard, which includes Vector, dakarian, and Tiruin. They were here before it was cool.[...]
I-I'm part of the old guard?
I am so honored u_u Especially since I joined back like...BM 28 or so.

Oh wow I've been here for half a loveable decade! :D
I consider you to be the cutoff.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:05 pm »

How does it feel to know that 1 in 8 posts you read here belong to the greatest person ever?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 26, 2017, 10:31:35 pm »

How does it feel to know that 1 in 8 posts you read here belong to the greatest person ever?
That you've too much free time on your hands?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 26, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »

I think I was part of the new blood 2013-14 wave, but my long absence kinda skews it for me.

I fondly recall my first game, where I totally kicked ass and then never lived up to it again. :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 193