Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 677814 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #1155 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:53 pm »

Hm. I lied, there are three web demons. We don't want to mess with one, it's fucking scary. The other two are OK. But to capture a web clown, you have to make a drawbridge trap with furniture bait. Artifact furniture is good, but not necessary.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:59:14 pm by TheFlame52 »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 26, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

How much can I divulge about each FB? Can I give a list of symptoms? Or am I just limited to a 1-10 rating on the "how fucked are you if you get bit" scale?
Generally, it's best to avoid absolute certainty on things that are supposed to be lost to history. Something like "This red feathered winged dimetron has a bite which causes total paralysis within forty two minutes when quantities in excess of three milligrams are injected into the bloodstream" is bad. Something like "The tales say that this monstrosity's bite will turn a man's flesh to stone inside the hour" is better. Of course, you're some form of demon, so it's not outside the realms of possibility that you have first hand experience with a lot of forgotten beasts, but on the other hand it's not like you have a perfect memory for things you briefly saw centuries ago, either.

"I think you might have been right, you know," Thane said quietly, staring at her finger circling the rim of her mug.
"About vat?" Vlad asked sleepily.
"I don't know," she shrugged. "Just... this. Maybe we should have gotten out while we still could."
"It's not too late," the baron of Demongate smiled.
"It is for some people," the weaponsmith said sadly.
"But not for us," Vlad insisted.
Thane looked at him for a moment, perhaps searching his face for a lie. The corners of her mouth briefly twitched upwards. "Maybe it's not. But they still need us here, don't they?"
"Vlad's father taught Vlad one thing, and Vlad has always followed his lesson: look out for Vlad, and only Vlad," Vlad vladded vladdily.
"You told me your father left before you were born," Thane frowned.
"Yup," he grinned. Thane gave a snort of laughter.
"Perhaps we should stay a little longer anyway," she said. "They need us around to stop this place burning down around their ears."
"Just so long as the booze keeps flowing," Vlad nodded. Their mugs clanged together, and the evening prayers resumed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:24:02 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 26, 2014, 06:08:48 pm »

I'm going to tell serious symptoms an a 1/10 danger rating. No more than 3 symptoms.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 26, 2014, 06:42:59 pm »

I'm going to tell serious symptoms an a 1/10 danger rating. No more than 3 symptoms.

Only 3 symptoms per syndrome exist though.
I think it would be best to keep knowledge that wasn't gained through just playing vanilla out of the thread entirely if that's alright. My last character was supposedly highly occult, but that didn't mean I used magic to resolve sieges or savescum to fortell future events. We don't use 3rd party tools, and should just stick to purely playing the game and calling on the general expertise in how to play the game from the players.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 26, 2014, 06:59:55 pm »

When/if we do a hellbreach though; I don't know if we have webber demons, but if so, catch one. The silk they make is apparently fireproof and magmaproof.
Isn't it impossible to capture a webmaking demon, though? They're web immune, so the standard GCS method won't work, and they're stun immune, so the cave in method won't work. Plus they can fly, so you can't just drop them on a cage trap.

It is possible to trap a webmaking demon in a properly designed silk farm, however.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 26, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »

It is anywhere from 1-5 symptoms. And if there is only, say, 3 symptoms, then I will tell 1 or 2 depending on how serious they are.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 26, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »

It is anywhere from 1-5 symptoms. And if there is only, say, 3 symptoms, then I will tell 1 or 2 depending on how serious they are.
I think this is a bad idea in general and will actively ignore you, but whatever floats your boat. The thread isn't intended for me to boss people around, it's intended for people to have fun doing lore. Which you're doing.

EDIT: By this I mean I won't read spoiler-y posts. Can you possibly spoiler your arcane knowledge of demonkind?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:50:40 pm by MDFification »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 26, 2014, 07:31:44 pm »

Stuff that happened: Design. Beehives. Green glass tubes. Marble gets to stockpiles. Adamantine wafers get made. Power and magma conduits get carved across the fort. I found a reasonable way to bypass the aquifer without resorting to cave-ins. The advantage is we can now build gigantic aquifer batteries. I will try to get some reports too.

Edit: Flame’s magma forge gets a masterwork bauxite door. That too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:37:50 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »

Stuff that happened: Design. Beehives.

Oh god no. It's McKiwi's most recent Moltenchannels turn all over again. Bees. BEES. BEES. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Edit: I wonder how Gnora will cope with more booze variety, seeing as sunshine is the devil's drink.
What's your aquifer bypass? I'm curious.

Military recommendations: Kill the beast before it kills you. Action against the demonfort is both unnecessary, distracting and dangerous at this point. Its a good idea to reveal more of it though as the number of undeads in there will gradually be reduced by them randomly running off into the far caverns. Moving the weapon users without many comrades into a new squad is also something that could be done so we can accelerate the production of effective hammerdwarves.

Also, Asmoth; Remove me from the turnlist please. I've got about 3 weeks left of internet. And that's if I stop studying.
Edit2: Asmoth, Vlad vladded vladdily is perhaps the single greatest quote to come out of this thread and I hope to one day summon the initiative to add it to the memorable quotes gallery.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:47:28 pm by MDFification »

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 26, 2014, 07:58:11 pm »

I want a admantine sword
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »

OK, I can confirm we can get passed the aquifer using the new, tested digging method. It involves channeling out the soil from above, and digging a conduit below in the stone until it reaches an area where the aquifer is 2 z-levels below. This bypasses the aquifer We can then pump the magma to the surface next to the under-construction Castle Helgarde. We can bypass other things than magma conduits, such as highly-pressurised dihydrogen monoxide plumbing, minecart tracks, and power. Aquifer power plants will enable us to power everything else that needs power.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 26, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

OK, I can confirm we can get passed the aquifer using the new, tested digging method. It involves channeling out the soil from above, and digging a conduit below in the stone until it reaches an area where the aquifer is 2 z-levels below. This bypasses the aquifer We can then pump the magma to the surface next to the under-construction Castle Helgarde. We can bypass other things than magma conduits, such as highly-pressurised dihydrogen monoxide plumbing, minecart tracks, and power. Aquifer power plants will enable us to power everything else that needs power.
But will all those Blend?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 26, 2014, 08:52:03 pm »

But will all those Blend?

Yes, in a beautiful, terrible way that will doubtlessly kill scores of dwarves during testing and application.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 26, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »

Edit: I wonder how Gnora will cope with more booze variety, seeing as sunshine is the devil's drink.
Poorly, though as of now that's currently just the icing on her psychological cake. I think she's more concerned about her paranoia and hostility towards the other six founders and the lack of sanity present in some of the other citizens.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 27, 2014, 09:27:33 am »

Ok, MDF is off the overseer list. Hope you're not gone forever.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 172