Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 677816 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2400 on: November 28, 2014, 10:33:10 am »

I think that if we are to do another fort, it should be a part of the current story because Demongate failed to be what it was meant to be. We started this game with the intention of fighting off bloodkin hordes, and not a single one came.

In that case, I might suggest holding off on the planned plot conclusion, which appears to be 'kill the crap out of everything'. An interquel mightn't work that well either, since we know what two of the three major bloodkin players were doing for a lot of their time since Steelhold, though if it's before going to the new continent I guess that frees them up somewhat. If we could get the worldgen seed for the Steelhold saves, would that work for creating a world in .40?

Regarding the shipyards suggestion, I can see at least three factions popping up there; one who support the ship building, another who consider it unholy for any number of reasons, and a third who don't care either way but see a lot of potential for misappropriation of funds. Migrants would initially be engineers sent to work on the Ark, and later refugees when the Bloodkin start taking over everything. Building a ship would be a good megaproject to work on as well and keep people occupied. If we do go with it though, I'd say set it after Demongate on the current continent, since one of the problems we've had is a bit of inaccessibility to newer players, and resetting the canon to before Demongate would leave us with this problem again.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 01, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »

*throws rope over cliff*
Thread, grab on!
I'll save you!

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 01, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »

Snaps scissors
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 01, 2014, 03:13:35 pm »

I guess I'll see what Mask is up to, then.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 01, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »

*Grabs barrel of rum and torch*
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 01, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »

*grabs !!popcorn!!*

Tomorrow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 02, 2014, 08:59:06 pm »

seeing as how due to some large amount of stupid I've ended up with the save at one house and myself at the other for the next week, you can expect the save on Sunday.  The final update will come some time in between then.

Applying for colleges and scholarships sucks.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 02, 2014, 09:01:46 pm »

If I were at a table, I'd flip it.
If I knew I could take, uh, seventeen years or so (I've lost track and also I can't be bothered to count), I wouldn't have rushed myself when on vacation.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 04, 2014, 03:09:47 am »

Well, pirate/bandit port/castle story with some references to Steelhold and Demongate sounds great. As Gnorm has already mentioned, what was endearing about Steelhold is playing utter psychopaths without caring too much about well-being of other inmates or civilization as a whole. It was hilarious. And if we would turn back to this style of playing, it can be refreshing. Demongate quickly became too heroic and serious for my tastes. Not that I mind heroism, of course. It simply requires different kind of immersion.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 04, 2014, 12:06:42 pm »

FallenAngel wasn't heroic on purpose.
Think of him as an odd fusion of an anti-hero and an anti-villain.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 04, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

FallenAngel wasn't heroic on purpose.
Think of him as an odd fusion of an anti-hero and an anti-villain.
Even the Knighthood characters (Sir Brenzen and Tarmid) were not without their faults.  They repeatedly tortured a vampire for information earlier in the fortress and proceeded to dispose of it cruelly when they were done.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »

Well, pirate/bandit port/castle story with some references to Steelhold and Demongate sounds great. As Gnorm has already mentioned, what was endearing about Steelhold is playing utter psychopaths without caring too much about well-being of other inmates or civilization as a whole. It was hilarious. And if we would turn back to this style of playing, it can be refreshing. Demongate quickly became too heroic and serious for my tastes. Not that I mind heroism, of course. It simply requires different kind of immersion.

I feel ya. I started Vlad as a greedy sociopath, and he ended up being His Grace Duke Vladimir the First, Hero the People, Lord Commander of the Demongate Militia.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 04, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »

I have an honest question.
Did I write a moderately psychopathic sociopathic person who doesn't care when he or others die?
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 172