Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282137 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

To be honest, it's basically matter of 'get to administration -> create sub-forum -> fill description -> done', can't be more than 15 minutes.
I timed myself doing the same exercise, with 35 threads, on my own SMF board. It took me almost exactly 5 minutes and 38 seconds, starting from opening the PM, to individually moving each thread into the new subforum. It will probably take him a similar amount of time to do the actual work on his end.

Then again in 15 minutes Toady might squish ten bugs or something, dunno I'm not Architect of Matrix v:
As a programmer... no. No he would not. It probably takes longer to go over all the moderation reports.

So how about... we wait until like three days after the next DF release (to let the post-release mail spam die down just a bit) and then put in our request for a subforum?
I think he can get it done long before never if you ask him soon.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I wonder how many of the "yes" votes are actually FEF players ::)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

That's part of the point though. To see the opinion of the fgrp community as a whole.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

You know, I see a problem with having a separate forum for FEF.

How long is it going to last? We might have a tonne of threads for it, but who knows if the game as a whole will start to die down in the next year or so, (or even sooner, god forbid,) and then we're left with an empty, inactive subforum?

I don't know if anyone really considered longevity to be a factor.
I need to put something interesting here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I think we discussed and concluded it might actually bring in more interest since to take einsteinian roulette as an example, which a lot of people ignored until it got its own subforum.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:12:55 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I see a problem with having a separate forum for FEF.

How long is it going to last? We might have a tonne of threads for it, but who knows if the game as a whole will start to die down in the next year or so, (or even sooner, god forbid,) and then we're left with an empty, inactive subforum?

I don't know if anyone really considered longevity to be a factor.

Such a hypothetical is impossible to judge. The threads are on the rise right now. Einsteinian Roulette might die down some day too, but that didn't stop them.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Well in any case, the results of the poll seem fairly clear. Squeegy, if you'd like to contact Toady One about the new sub-forum...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well in any case, the results of the poll seem fairly clear. Squeegy, if you'd like to contact Toady One about the new sub-forum...

Oh ho, I'm the representative? Very well. I accept that responsibility.

e: Sent.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:13:11 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why the fuck are we leaving this to someone who's single contribution to FEF is to whinge about how popular FEF is? Instead of, you know, someone who actually gives two fucks about it?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why the fuck are we leaving this to someone who's single contribution to FEF is to whinge about how popular FEF is? Instead of, you know, someone who actually gives two fucks about it?

Toady's PM box is open to everyone. Go on Sirus :3!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you miss something Haspen? I think the whole goddamn sub-forum idea is a waste of time. If anything I would PM Toady and argue against it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

A larger waste of time than arguing against it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I see no significant down or up side to the whole thing.

Besides, Squeeg was the one vocal enough to push for it, and he hadn't been rude about it. I figured it'd be fine.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sirus, on the other hand, is being increasingly rude. I thought you didn't care, dude?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Sirus, on the other hand, is being increasingly rude. I thought you didn't care, dude?
He had a really bad day. He posted about that in the Rage thread.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 300