Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280473 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

I would prefer not putting Toady into any position where he feels uncomfortable. That to me is one giant, resounding, NO!

The issue of legality is not the problem here. If Toady feels worried about it, then I consider that portion of the conversation null and void. However, if it's just a naming issue then perhaps calling the new forum something different would suffice... But I don't have any good ideas right now that capture and maintain what FEF is that would designate it as *our* board.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Mmm. Might be worth generalizing it to some kind of tabletop RPG board if we were going to do it at all. Sucking in the D&D games and handful of GURPS/White Wolf/Dark Heresy stuff might give it a bit more legitimacy and purpose anyway.

Alternatively some kind of "established rules" board or something, but that's a lot more arbitrary and pointless. Grid/map based combat/RPGs?

Maybe we need to go back to basics. Why was it some of us wanted a new subforum again? "There's kind of a lot of them" and "it might attract more interest" were the only things I heard. I guess setting some arbitrary limit to the number of games using the same or essentially same system before they get shunted/are officially stated to belong in there might work.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

The FEF threads were what caused the so called problem. Unless we can get a clearly labeled sub-board so people who are interested can find us, moving us is going to kill the group since no one is going to join afterwards.

And I think trying to pull all other threads in this board that're also based on tabletop systems would cause more problems than it could ever hope to solve. So I think it's fairly clear this won't be happening at this point.

Does this mean we can get back to work on the system?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Hopefully so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggested it could be called Emblem Forum Games which is similar enough to convoy the meaning, but isn't exactly the name issue. That being said, I don't really care what happens so yaaaaaaaay system work!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Alright, Solymr is not on right now by appearances, but I think the next vote should be my suggested change to trainees.

Under this idea, Trainees would start with 300 progression instead of 330, and would get 30 on promoting to first class. This'll go some way to making Trainees less irritatingly superior to characters who join games as First class units, who lose out on 5 progression and a bunch of levels.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I say all characters should just get trainee levels rolled and such anyway, but that's just me. Less complicated, although it does mean a bit more rolling (but that can all be done at once when the character joins, so it's a little easier to manage).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I say all characters should just get trainee levels rolled and such anyway, but that's just me.
This would probably be the simple, satisfying way to do it. You'd typically just roll for levels as normal if somebody needed to join above level one, right? Why do it differently for class promotion barriers?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say all characters should just get trainee levels rolled and such anyway, but that's just me. Less complicated, although it does mean a bit more rolling (but that can all be done at once when the character joins, so it's a little easier to manage).

That's what I'm planning on doing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I say all characters should just get trainee levels rolled and such anyway, but that's just me.
This would probably be the simple, satisfying way to do it. You'd typically just roll for levels as normal if somebody needed to join above level one, right? Why do it differently for class promotion barriers?
This makes perfect sense to me. No punishing players who join late, nor making trainees even weaker than they already are.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

People will sue about anything. Take it with a grain of salt, but I've heard that if you don't defend your IP you lose it, thus why you see hilarious and stupid cases of lawsuits to defend a trademarked thing.

I think I heard that around the Bethesda vs. Notch thing.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I think Nintendo would be rather silly to try and sue us over this. We're essentially giving them free advertising, and it's not like we're really denying them business; has anybody ever said, "I'd buy this Fire Emblem game if not for the forum game I'm in"? Doubtful.

On the other hand, lawyers and their shenanigans. Stay far away from lawyers and their shenanigans.

I don't suppose we could just, like... ask the Nintendo America guys, "Hey, do you give a crap?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I've heard stories of things like Pokemon fangames getting shut down by Nintendo. Don't know how much is true or not, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Serenes Forest has every name of every Fire Emblem game all over its forums and nothing really happened, but if its the case how about Strategy Play By Post?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Serenes Forest has every name of every Fire Emblem game all over its forums and nothing really happened, but if its the case how about Strategy Play By Post?
hmm, yeah, I'd like to just be FEF or something too, but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry. The name suggestion I approve of, though.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 300