Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280460 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Here there are people from even Serenes Forest, so yeah, a huge hit :P

When and why did you start working on the book?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Welcome to Bay12, Cecil. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Hm, one question that's been on my mind is why exactly you decided to out the rulebook together in the first place?
Did you plan to release the rulebook somewhere?
Were awareness and parity made while keeping in mind that enemies would keep class abilities?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Welcome Cecil :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Also yes, hello Cecil.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

As you may have noticed, we're currently discussing the Bag of Holding Rogue special. There is is some confusion on how it is meant to be interpreted. Could you explain how it is supposed to work for us?

Let me answer that question in two parts.
1) The Idea When I Wrote It: Picture the Rogue having two inventory pages. One that's (3 + 1 for every 5 CON) big, in which the Rogue can carry whatever it wants, be it weapons or items. The second inventory is the Bag of Holding, which can hold as many items as the Rogue wants, but any weapons they pick up, if there's no room in the main inventory, cannot go into the Bag of Holding; it has to, instead, go to the Supply Line, or be dropped if there is no Supply Line/Merchant. The idea behind this was to allow the Rogue to run all around the map, unlocking every treasure chest they so please, and not have to worry about inventory, but without the issue of them being a walking armory.

2) A Possible Alternative In A Later Edition: Instead of a particular limitation of what can or cannot go into the bag, instead, the Rogue can hold everything in the bag, but cannot use any of it; it has to be traded out to other party members; the Rogue alone cannot swap items from main inventory to Bag (at least, not without help from another player in an extended trade chain). Also, if the Rogue dies/is forced to retreat while items are in the Bag, they're all lost, gone, abandoned.

Basically, its intent was to be a big old swag bag the Rogue carried around; capable of collecting everything, but highly impractical to actually whip them out and use them in the heat of combat.

Were awareness and parity made while keeping in mind that enemies would keep class abilities?

One of the things I really wished I got done before putting the beta out there was an Enemy guidebook, or at least a section that detailed baseline enemy stat; while obviously not ALL class skills are available to the enemy (since enemies are jerks who don't rescue their allies), by and large, terrain based skills and stat boosts like Inspiration were planned to be included for enemies. Obviously, they wouldn't work exactly like they do for the players themselves, but, in general, yes, even enemies outside of bosses were planned to have some form of class abilities.

When and why did you start working on the book?
Hm, one question that's been on my mind is why exactly you decided to out the rulebook together in the first place?
Did you plan to release the rulebook somewhere?

Back around the release of FE7 in English is where this story begins. A friend of mine and I were really into it, and RPGs, so we wanted to play an FE style RPG. We spitballed some ideas that were pretty blase, gave it a test run, and lost steam/interest. After that, the idea just sat on my laptop for years.
Fast forward to 2010; I had just graduated from The Art Institute of Vancouver, having completed the Game Art and Design program. I was now looking for work in the game industry, and, too keep myself busy, I decided to try working on a project. I decided to start with Tabletop game design, like a board game or RPG. I noticed there were RPG books for a lot of franchises, like Dr. Who, Star Wars, Everquest, so on. So I decided to go back to the Fire Emblem RPG, and try my hand at it again.

Realistically, I figured it'd be fun to just share with some friends, but I also figured it might not be a bad supplement to my portfolio for future job searching. And, as a sort of selfish and kinda unrealistic dream, to actually get this released would be amazing, but, you know, keeping it as a freeware game for download and stuff, that'd be the big goal at the end of it all.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Can items the Rogue carries in their main inventory be put in the BoH inventory to allow them to hold onto a weapon they pick up if they don't have 5 weapons total already?

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Items, yes. Weapons, no.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

The problem is... Rogues don't have much need to carry around that many items.

Usually whatever items you have in a battle is usually enough. Which makes the prospect of carrying around extra items and being punished for that an unappealing prospect.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

The problem is... Rogues don't have much need to carry around that many items.

Usually whatever items you have in a battle is usually enough. Which makes the prospect of carrying around extra items and being punished for that an unappealing prospect.
Keep in mind that rogues can
A) Open chests without lockpicks or keys, and
B) Steal items from enemies.

So their inventories can actually fill up rather quickly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Guuuuuys, loooook!

Spoiler: Alchemy! (click to show/hide)

Do note that these are random ramblings of hyperactive night-time brain; not planning to include alchemy in any currently running FEF/NEF.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Can I use that idea Haspen o_o
I'm either planning my first FEF game to be unconventional-like...or just make it one huge saga from all the scraps of story ideas I write down everywhere.
On the walls with taped paper on it on the 5'6" ceiling with memos on corkboard... on the papers on the floor.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

*shrugs* If you want.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Btw rogue stat change has been de~nied. Moving on.

Also question for Cecil: why the removal of Forest Knight in v1.22?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 300