Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282011 times)

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3765 on: July 31, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »

So because I am a madman, I decided to document a changelist from the 1.3 version to the current version Solymr is working on.

If there are comments or errors or things I missed, let me know so I can fix them up.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: August 03, 2017, 10:28:05 am »

So, I'm pre-preparing a Samurai character for a future FEF, and I have a few questions. Firstly, in the FE universe, how do tomes work? Not in a mechanical gameplay sense, but how are tomes made, how do they work? Second, would a progression rate of 60 or 70 speed be effective at avoiding damage with base 10-20 defenses and 60 base health, or would the attacks that do hit be too crippling at near/under 1/2 health? Thirdly, does Ignis activation set the weapon on fire briefly, and if not, could it?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: August 03, 2017, 10:32:16 am »

So, I'm pre-preparing a Samurai character for a future FEF, and I have a few questions. Firstly, in the FE universe, how do tomes work? Not in a mechanical gameplay sense, but how are tomes made, how do they work? Second, would a progression rate of 60 or 70 speed be effective at avoiding damage with base 10-20 defenses and 60 base health, or would the attacks that do hit be too crippling at near/under 1/2 health? Thirdly, does Ignis activation set the weapon on fire briefly, and if not, could it?

Most lore depends on the GM running it, so you're better off asking when you apply. For the second, that's hell of effective, just look in my game for an Ignis Samurai. As for the third, same for the first, but generally yeah that's the effect but with undefined imbuing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: August 03, 2017, 11:27:54 am »

FEF6 now looking for 1 extra player!

Entry in about a month or so ;v Check details at linku.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: August 03, 2017, 04:32:42 pm »

Things I want to change in my handbook that I don't have a definite answer about:

- Cavaliers and their special: Reliable Attack seems to me like a bit useless for a once per battle ability.
- Knights: New Hold the Line or not?
- Spies: I gave half Ambush to Dread Fighters, and I don't know if give them the same Ambush with +10 Crit bonus instead of counternegate or a version of traps and then give Master Spy even more traps and improved.
- Battle Mage: they get a free skill but some new classes get that plus something else so I need something for these people too. Maybe specialization with magic?
- Increase HP cost of Memory Magic.
- Summoners: their summon sucks so my new idea is a single summon that levels up with the Summoner and they get to pick progression and perks on key levels.
- Nerf Light magic in general.
- Need a new mechanic for Warding magic. Maybe convert part of damage done into a shield with various properties depending of tome.
- Ballistas: need reworking. Also Ballistician could have an Archer own Ballistas that can be deployed in the map.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: August 03, 2017, 04:41:43 pm »

- Spies: I gave half Ambush to Dread Fighters, and I don't know if give them the same Ambush with +10 Crit bonus instead of counternegate or a version of traps and then give Master Spy even more traps and improved.

Not sure about the rest yet, but this is one I have a definite opinion about. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: August 03, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »

Reliable Attack seems like it'd be better as a passive, TBH. It isn't phenomenal, but it does fit with the cavalier's jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none shtick. You can drop the neutral clause at the end if that seems a bit too powerful for a passive.

Would have to give a lot more thought to the others, I've never used any of that stuff except for a brief foray into Light Magic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: August 03, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »

So the Cavalier would get less of a penalty when on the losing side and more of a bonus when winning. Does no DMG penalty/double bonuses sound good?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: August 03, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »

If we're going to make it consistent, I'd say it should drop the advantage end and keep the disadvantage end, to make cavalier attacks more reliable overall.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: August 03, 2017, 04:58:11 pm »

That strikes me as either bad or too similar to Swashbuckler Perfect Balance. If need I can change the special name to Triangle Adept since in FE7 they teach you how to weapon triangle :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: August 04, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »

- Cavaliers and their special: Reliable Attack seems to me like a bit useless for a once per battle ability.

It is, but other people already have made some decent suggestions.

- Knights: New Hold the Line or not?

Elaborate. What would change?

As I said before, definitely give spies traps and master spies better traps. Then again, 'better' traps could simply be the ability to set traps within a certain range rather than on the tile they're on. Like Lv/4 tiles worth of range or something. (Promotion levels that is, not total levels. Being able to set traps up to 10 tiles away is problematic.)

- Battle Mage: they get a free skill but some new classes get that plus something else so I need something for these people too. Maybe specialization with magic?

Why not give them the old skill mage knights used to have, where their damage was weapon+(higher of STR or MAG)?

- Increase HP cost of Memory Magic.

Would you be basing the cost on the proficiency rank of the spell, or what type (Buff, Jdge, Heal, etc.)?

- Summoners: their summon sucks so my new idea is a single summon that levels up with the Summoner and they get to pick progression and perks on key levels.

Pretty cool idea.

- Nerf Light magic in general.

What's broken with Light Magic, again? I've never really played a monk-type so I'm not overly familiar with that school of magic.

- Need a new mechanic for Warding magic. Maybe convert part of damage done into a shield with various properties depending of tome.

Eh, wish I could help with that, but I don't really have any ideas. :/

- Ballistas: need reworking. Also Ballistician could have an Archer own Ballistas that can be deployed in the map.

A deployable ballista sounds good. Archers practically never have a chance to get ahold of one (usually they're so far behind enemy lines - if they're even on a map - that by the time the party gets to it there's no real opportunity to use it) so being able to put one where you want it is cool. It'd probably have to come with the caveat that once it's down, it's down, and can't be recovered until the end of the map.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: August 04, 2017, 07:42:44 pm »

New update for the 1.Salt Handbook with some changes to Cavs and Promoted Performer things.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: August 04, 2017, 11:09:13 pm »

Things I want to change in my handbook that I don't have a definite answer about:
I, OceanSoul, have opinions
- Cavaliers and their special: Reliable Attack seems to me like a bit useless for a once per battle ability.Make it continuous, and add a once-per-map that eliminates non-Triangle attack disadvantages (rebuffs, enemy terrain, even Addle. Maybe, instead of that last part, let them activate Parity an amount of times, and if they already had Parity, let them keep the helpful things once per map.
- Knights: New Hold the Line or not?Depends on how it works. Does it add Movement cost to tiles adjacent to the Knight? Or, could enemies not enter and exit range 1 of the Knight that turn? And so
- Spies: I gave half Ambush to Dread Fighters, and I don't know if give them the same Ambush with +10 Crit bonus instead of counternegate or a version of traps and then give Master Spy even more traps and improved. I do think that Master Spies should get better traps, but I feel that some sort of ambushy Overwatch stance (like archers' Called Shot) might work. What I'm thinking is, if the Spy is concealed (whether terrain or behind a wall) instead of attacking, they can name specific enemy units, and if one of those move within a specific range, the spy automatically moves in with movement 2 and attacks them. Archer spies have a little more freedom in choosing how they move beforehand, while thief spies stop the counterattack AND the enemy's turn
- Battle Mage: they get a free skill but some new classes get that plus something else so I need something for these people too. Maybe specialization with magic? How about their old Imbue whatever, but with Anima, Light, and Dark, and that's whatever tome they use? Light reduces damage, Dark reduces Hit, and Anima...reduces damage output...yeah. As for the mobility they lost with Jump, how about giving them an ability that lets them automatically move away from an attacker 1 space for every 2 or 3 movement not used last turn? It can be turned off
- Increase HP cost of Memory Magic. Increase?! You say that like it's overpowered? I though all the hp-to-spell abilities could use a buff, like allowing an alternate cost of a % of tone uses or such? Maybe cause a small-moderate % of spent HP to gradually return?
- Summoners: their summon sucks so my new idea is a single summon that levels up with the Summoner and they get to pick progression and perks on key levels. Specifically, their single summon sucks. Having larger amounts of weaker units to summon can be useful. Up to 3 at Moseley, I'd say. Also, maybe they could get an ability that allows them to summon an Ally to their side from across the map. Maybe temporarily, maybe lasting. Could be X times per map, Y turns to do per Z tiles away, and/or take an amount of HP or % of spellbook charges.
- Nerf Light magic in general. In what way was it OP?
- Need a new mechanic for Warding magic. Maybe convert part of damage done into a shield with various properties depending of tome. Maybe make it a sort of inverse to Druidic. Reduce damage by an amount or % while wielded, and maybe apply an amount of the reduction battles with allies at range 1 or 2, to embody the keep-away warding suggests.
- Ballistas: need reworking. Also Ballistician could have an Archer own Ballistas that can be deployed in the map. Yeah. They would need to spend an amount of turns to build, and only in certain areas. Though, this is still rather unfeasible from a logical perspective.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: August 05, 2017, 01:14:30 am »

First, before anything else, your formatting is really unappealing. Please either separate the quote or start a new line and bold your opinons/responses not italics them.

I, OceanSoul, have opinions
- Cavaliers and their special: Reliable Attack seems to me like a bit useless for a once per battle ability.Make it continuous, and add a once-per-map that eliminates non-Triangle attack disadvantages (rebuffs, enemy terrain, even Addle. Maybe, instead of that last part, let them activate Parity an amount of times, and if they already had Parity, let them keep the helpful things once per map.
Making it continuous is OP even before the second part. And on that: eliminating all disadvantages is just weighted parity and even that shouldn't go through status conditions like Addle. It needs a rework not a buff.

- Knights: New Hold the Line or not?Depends on how it works. Does it add Movement cost to tiles adjacent to the Knight? Or, could enemies not enter and exit range 1 of the Knight that turn? And so
Hold the lines prevent enemies from moving into spaces adjacent to the knight. And whatever you were going to suggest seems to have been cut off.

- Spies: I gave half Ambush to Dread Fighters, and I don't know if give them the same Ambush with +10 Crit bonus instead of counternegate or a version of traps and then give Master Spy even more traps and improved. I do think that Master Spies should get better traps, but I feel that some sort of ambushy Overwatch stance (like archers' Called Shot) might work. What I'm thinking is, if the Spy is concealed (whether terrain or behind a wall) instead of attacking, they can name specific enemy units, and if one of those move within a specific range, the spy automatically moves in with movement 2 and attacks them. Archer spies have a little more freedom in choosing how they move beforehand, while thief spies stop the counterattack AND the enemy's turn
That's just an OP version of archer's new skill because a) you choose the enemy b) you straight up ignore the counter attack if there is one and c) you move after your turn ends (which is probably a pita for a GM on top of that). The archer's skill works because they only control where they stop.

- Battle Mage: they get a free skill but some new classes get that plus something else so I need something for these people too. Maybe specialization with magic? How about their old Imbue whatever, but with Anima, Light, and Dark, and that's whatever tome they use? Light reduces damage, Dark reduces Hit, and Anima...reduces damage output...yeah. As for the mobility they lost with Jump, how about giving them an ability that lets them automatically move away from an attacker 1 space for every 2 or 3 movement not used last turn? It can be turned off
Did you... Did you even look at battlemages in the handbook? Battlemages are bows and anima, not bows and all magic types. And giving them access to 4 total weapons types is not going to happen. The second part is just nerfed canto, which is already a powerful skill, that the player doesn't control so it'd create even more coordinate issues. And it was probably axed in the first place because, from what I understand of a lot of 1.3's changes, it was unnecessary.

- Increase HP cost of Memory Magic. Increase?! You say that like it's overpowered? I though all the hp-to-spell abilities could use a buff, like allowing an alternate cost of a % of tone uses or such? Maybe cause a small-moderate % of spent HP to gradually return?
No. Just no. Memory magic doesn't need a buff because it allows the unit to use spells they wouldn't normally have or even be able to use with no QL cost. Sure it doesn't really matter on the low level magic but having stuff like sleep for 6 hp with no QL or warp/rescue for 10 hp is really strong/op. The last thing memory magic needs is a buff.

- Summoners: their summon sucks so my new idea is a single summon that levels up with the Summoner and they get to pick progression and perks on key levels. Specifically, their single summon sucks. Having larger amounts of weaker units to summon can be useful. Up to 3 at Moseley, I'd say. Also, maybe they could get an ability that allows them to summon an Ally to their side from across the map. Maybe temporarily, maybe lasting. Could be X times per map, Y turns to do per Z tiles away, and/or take an amount of HP or % of spellbook charges.

In the end, multiple weaker summons will just end up as fodder. The summons in the book are really really weak compared to even the most rng screwed PC unit for the level of the PCs and enemies. As for the second ability: they already have it through memory magic and can use it unlimited times as long as they have the HP.

- Nerf Light magic in general. In what way was it OP?
You could look at the handbook yourself y'know. But in short light magic, holy is the main offender, has high/same mt as anima magic, it's also really accurate, all while also giving out free crit. It's literally better thunder magic and has no real downsides when you're setting your own growths

- Need a new mechanic for Warding magic. Maybe convert part of damage done into a shield with various properties depending of tome. Maybe make it a sort of inverse to Druidic. Reduce damage by an amount or % while wielded, and maybe apply an amount of the reduction battles with allies at range 1 or 2, to embody the keep-away warding suggests.
The first part is basically the shielding idea but applying it to allies, even just adjacent allies, is really op. It would give squishies bulk on top of the dodge tanking they already do and it would make tank characters probably untouchable. Anything that affects allies are either entire classes or skills and bestowing an effect like that to a whole weapon type is really powerful.

- Ballistas: need reworking. Also Ballistician could have an Archer own Ballistas that can be deployed in the map. Yeah. They would need to spend an amount of turns to build, and only in certain areas. Though, this is still rather unfeasible from a logical perspective.
If it takes multiple turns to build, aside from like 2, it's not going to be worth it because by the time it's built the party will probably have moved on or will need you to be fighting not building something while they protect you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:17:38 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 300