Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291481 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running:Episode 3: Yarrrrrr
« Reply #1530 on: May 23, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »

AFTER RESPAWNING, IF I HAVE ENOUGH DD, ORDER HAPAH OR WHATSHISNAME WITH THE RIFLE TO SHOOT YOINK

((Meta much? :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 23, 2014, 07:26:08 pm »

"We tried it the easy way, now we do it the Mason way."

Offensive charge. Bisect the Red captain symmetrically. Also bisect any Red who tries to stop me. As always, 360 degree threat monitoring.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Commercial break: Tab A, Slot B
« Reply #1532 on: May 23, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »

Cover this man with the revolver.  Still!

"Man the guns, you two!"

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 23, 2014, 09:32:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Throw another cannonball at the blue captain.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 23, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »

FIX CANNON, SINK ENEMY BATTLESHIP.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1535 on: May 24, 2014, 01:41:23 am »

FIX CANNON, SINK ENEMY BATTLESHIP.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)
The cannons are welded in place. They're broadside cannons. The only way to "fix" them would be to physically rip them off the boat and fire them manually.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 24, 2014, 02:23:41 am »

Enjoy show. Put arm around Holly, but in that subtle way all the cool kids do it.

(I like how the whole 'naval combat' thing was immediately thrown out in favor of BOARDING HO!)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:37 am »

Sooooo, I was procrastinating on the grading I need to be doing, and then this happened xD

Soooo yeah. This is basically an spreadsheet implementation of the 'power' idea, Irony. In the upper left, you have the power modifier, and then the modifier + base power. Everything that is bolded is the return from that particular bet.

It's open to editting, so feel free to play with the numbers and formulas or leave comments on it. I have no idea how good it is, but I don't see any obvious 'this is always a win' setups here.

Also, to avoid rounding malarkey, I would consider setting it up so that all bets are returned at the end of the episode, as has been suggested. They are then tallied with partial DD's, and rounded as a final total. This prevents things like all those 1.5 bets rounding weirdly to generate a return... Alternatively, always round down :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 24, 2014, 10:17:08 am »

I think you messedd up with what you linked.  See, it appears to be a DRM betting sheet, instead of a DMR betting sheet.  What, are we calculating the odds of whether you can share DMR with your friends legally?  ;D

First issue: It doesn't balance 'Powah' very well.  There is only a .2 odds increase in the death chance of Mason, despite the fact he's in an athlete suit and can take five death blows (IIRC).  I'd have to bet a large sum on his death to get any real benefit from the slight increase, and it's small even then.
On the same note, it's only slightly worse to bet on his survival than other people.  If I bet ten DD on him, I gain three when he survives.  If I bet ten on Wasted, who is far more likely to die, I gain five.  That's only an decrease of two DD, for a massive risk reduction.  I shouldn't be able to get much of anything for Mason's survival.

Also, Mason has a powermod of 2 for having an athlete suit and a katana.  How about if someone had a contestant suit and an icepick?  Swat gear and a rifle?  Olympian suit, and fifty revolvers?  30 points, and intricate knowledge of shackle combinations?  30 points, and no knowledge whatsoever? 7 points, knuckle dusters, and an almost fully robotic body?

Also, there is no "always guaranteed a win" scenario in vanilla DMR.  I just trusted an invalid source.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 24, 2014, 12:36:31 pm »

It can be fiddled with. A lot. That's sort of the point of sharing it :P

This is just my initial levels and formulas, its not intended to be a 'this is how it is' sort of thing. I'm mostly sharing it to continue my discussion with Irony about the topic with a concrete program to mess with.

The sheet essentially has two levers on it: The Base power and the power mod. Base power is sort of intended to represent the amount of power that having 2 arms, 2 legs, and all your organs gives you. So, losing limbs or organs might cost you power; gaining weapons, points, and suits might gain you power.
(I just highlighted both of these fields on the sheet. Mess around with them as much as you like)

The amounts are all just numbers I threw in while I was playing with the sheet. We could decrease the base power and allow higher power mods, which would affect the odds more. We could also just increase the amount of power things are worth. All very flexible, and sort of setup to be the lever of the bookie.

One change I might make is to kind of normalize how everything is calculated. Currently, some things are calculated in radically different ways, which can make for some interesting scenarios. I probably want to adjust it so that the returns are effectively capped at a certain max range from the base return. This is already true of some of them (the Team Win/Lose is capped at twice the base) but can probably be done for the others. Survival/death is calculated a bit strangely, and should probably be reconfigured such that it doesn't give quite as massive rewards for people with low power surviving, as it's possibly quite likely for them to survive as they'll have less opportunity to take risks.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 24, 2014, 12:41:47 pm »

Also, there is no "always guaranteed a win" scenario in vanilla DMR.  I just trusted an invalid source.

We should start adding [citation needed] to the wiki at this rate.

But yeah, the betting situation is a bit unclear right now. If you wanna change that, you know what to do!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 26, 2014, 12:10:28 am »

(I like how the whole 'naval combat' thing was immediately thrown out in favor of BOARDING HO!)

BOARDING HO! is naval combat.  Just not modern naval combat.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 26, 2014, 12:35:48 am »

I put on my robe and semantics hat.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 26, 2014, 02:56:57 am »

Sneak up on audience members and poop in their hair before bolting off.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 26, 2014, 03:53:50 am »

I put on my robe and semantics hat.
Pffft, boarding is the best part of naval combat.

If you do it right you get an entire new ship for free... minus repair costs...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153