Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22019 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Info for character please?

Whichever faction still needs people, but preferably Solgeid.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Magic system explanation please? Not quite sure how to do a Mage if there isn't anything explaining it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

OI YOU! I WANT TO JOIN OR SOMETHING!

^This still work?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Do I have to fill anything out aside from my name, sex and background? It looks like most of the stuff in there shouldn't be messed with.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Main hand.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Main hand.
Yeah that too. So that's all?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Read the manual. That's what I'm doing.

Also, I want to point out that bleeding to death is SLOW and painful most of the time. Especially if you leave the bleeding device in.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Magic system explanation please? Not quite sure how to do a Mage if there isn't anything explaining it.
Sorry, I got distracted by the others! Here's how being a mage works:

In order to cast a spell, you must first find/buy a scroll with a spell on it, and have at least one rank in Craft: Literature (Runes). Concentration and Attunement also both help your success rate. You then read the spell off the scroll, and if you succeed in all the rolls, you cast it. Casting degrades your scroll so it loses power and is eventually destroyed. This can be prevented with the use of Attunement knacks. The Attunement knack Memorizer (which requires Attunement IV and Cleverness II) allows you to memorize a spell off a scroll and cast it at will with only the Attunement check. Learning it counts as a use on the scroll. In order to memorize more than one spell at a time (especially since memorizing them takes a lot of time so it can't be done on the fly), you have to get the Attunement knack Spellslinger, which lets you learn additional spells at the cost of 1 maximum HP per spell beyond the first (so knowing 3 spells at 20 max HP gives you an effective max HP of 18). The other knacks Latent Barrier and Enchanter just let you do more things with your spells.

Mages are by far the most complicated build because the game is low fantasy, so magic is very rare. Making a mage represents a significant time investment and you will not be able to do it right when you start the game (you must be at least level 7 to have the bare minimum of required skills to cast a spell from memory), but you can definitely start down that path.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:11:47 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, like DnD in a low magic setting minus some things.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have to fill anything out aside from my name, sex and background? It looks like most of the stuff in there shouldn't be messed with.
You may wish to purchase skills and equipment also. You have 80 points to spend on those.

So, like DnD in a low magic setting minus some things.
To the extent that all fantasy tabletop games must be 'like DnD,' yes!

(like WoW but)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Also, I want to point out that bleeding to death is SLOW and painful most of the time. Especially if you leave the bleeding device in.
It's like a million pages. And character creation just has a bunch of big lists of skills and traits.

EDIT: I have 80 points?! In the character creation thing it says "0 available." What do I even do with those? I see the skills in the manual but I don't see costs or anything..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:17:56 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, what's the difficulty level you want? Sorry, if you already said it in the thread.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, what's the difficulty level you want? Sorry, if you already said it in the thread.
You have 80 points. It doesn't correspond to a specific difficulty level.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. Thanks.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's like a million pages. And character creation just has a bunch of big lists of skills and traits.

EDIT: I have 80 points?! In the character creation thing it says "0 available." What do I even do with those? I see the skills in the manual but I don't see costs or anything..
You have to put the points you have in at the top left. Each rank in a skill costs 15 points (as stated in character creation) and ups you a level.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22