Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51054 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

Also, Harry, Scrap, you both suck. Why did you both randomly disappear and not even bother to mention anything on this thread? That's rude, you know.

((Whoops! Terribly sorry there, had a bit of a trip. I was going to put up a notice in my signature in case I missed a game or several (which I seem to have done, unfortunately), but awful mismanagement of time and aspirations intervened in a fateful fashion, and this sensible solution thus never materialized.

But hey, slime head! That'll go great with PROD HAND.))

"Blorble! I mean, shit!"

Follow Keycard Man who blazes in his becarded glory! He will save us!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2014, 03:25:47 am »

Turn 17: The laws of averages determines that this turn almost everyone now must suck. Also, I like how everyone grouped up without even a word being said by Blazing.

Also, one chance to guess what's going to happen when the doors open. And Scrap is still rude. I can't believe it, a rude englishman. You're supposed to be models for USAers like me.

Swipe keycard and go into section primary.
[8]: You swipe the card in the slot, the door opens, you hear a computerized female voice say "Access Granted", and a timer that says "0:02:00" displays on the card reader's display and begins counting down. Beneath, it also says "TEMPORARY QUARANTINE UNLOCK". Finally, you hear noises coming from the Section C Primary as you go in. But it is too dark to see what's in here.

There is blood on the floor, though. You also roll a foot slightly on a bullet casing.

Place the stuff i have into the back pack and head on over to the misc. experimentation room
[3]: You drop basically everything before getting it into the backpack and you nearly stumble on the way to the Miscellaneous Experimentation Room. At least you eventually get there.

Inside the room is a number of shelves, cupboards, and all sorts of various things that aren't frequently used. Beyond the room are experimentation rooms that are completely empty. There is an active experiment that was going on not too long ago, but there's nothing of value to your group unless you like grabbing random crap.

Rest.
"So they can shatter impact-resistant glass with enough effort, eh?"
[1!]: Your arms ache and they have many, many spasms. It is very uncomfortable and you tire yourself out even more.

No, I don't know how someone can have so much trouble resting but then again you did manage to roll a 1 so...

Tentacle dance party my way over to section primary door thing.
[10]: You make some sort of wiggling of your hideous tentacles as you make your way to the Section Exit to Section Primary.

Somebody you don't know walks past you but you're too distracted and apparently he didn't notice.

As the door opens, you see blood, bullet casings, darkness, and one corpse, though there's movement in the darkness.

You also regenerate slightly.

Rub my thumb over one of my feet  claws to see if they are at least capable of cutting flesh
[13]: You avoid rolling a 1 and cutting your thumb off as you test your feet. They're fairly sharp and yes you are cut fairly bad.

Though I will note, this is a very small testing sample.

Hm... Well, nothing could be done sitting here. It's time to go out and check armory.
[7]: You head to the Animal Control Armory. Along the way, your already weary mind blocks out as it fails to comprehend something you see for how stupid or absurd it is.

You hear someone stumble in the direction of the armory before you get there. But when you enter the armory, there's nobody here.

It is here that you remember that you saw someone walking past you. Somebody with... tentacles. And a medical mask. Dancing. Now you know why your mind blanked out. Somebody else was walking with them but you didn't get a clear look.

This is just what you'd expect from the name, an armory. An armory filled with various electric weapons, 2 different types of grenades, high-powered water cannons, net shooters, metal cuffs (of varying sizes), and there are also a couple batons.

You notice that this normally fully or mostly fully stocked room has been slightly looted... Things are missing where they usually aren't.

"Blorble! I mean, shit!"

Follow Keycard Man who blazes in his becarded glory! He will save us!
[20!]: You very awesomely walk to the Section Exit to Section Primary. Along the way, you see a survivor with a giant tail, but you are too awesomely walking to care and continue on.

You arrive. Suddenly, the door opens as Starn slides the card on the card reader. You immediately spot two mutated scientists in the darkness of Section C Primary. You also spot at least 16 or so corpses, lots of various junk on the floor, numerous bullet casings, blood everywhere and bullet holes in everything breakable (like the lights). It's a fairly gritty scene there.

You also notice a little bit more movement waaaaay back in the room, but even with your 20 it's just too far away in the darkness.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Rawr?
[6]: The first infected scientist, who has a low-tech looking robotic hand with a circular saw, doesn't notice the group.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 2
Rawr rawr rawr?
[15]: The second infected scientist, who has large, clawed hands, with red skin, and a devil's tail, DOES notice the group. He hisses in a only moderately human voice, and the other infected scientist turns around and looks menacingly at the group.

Suddenly, they begin charging. Obviously, this is the start of combat.

And unlike last combat, only the attacker makes a roll now. And that determines entirely how successful the attack and defense is. So, expect pain on both sides.

Also, for excitement, I will note that all NPCs that are infected and hostile can randomly gain mutations in combat if I decide I want to/I remember I said this, when I arbitrarily decide instead of on set timers. Why? Because it's too much on the work side on the work:reward ratio giving them what is basically an arbitrary infection time anyway. And it might make things slightly more interesting.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2014, 03:28:26 am »

Try resting again.
"What in the hell...?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2014, 03:31:43 am »

Charge and give a massive flying kick to the one of the mutant scientists..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:56:04 am by blazing glory »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2014, 03:35:24 am »

Who's to say both won't attack you at once? Who's to say they won't both avoid you entirely? Then how will anyone be able to tell which one will be the closest to you?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2014, 03:41:27 am »

Who's to say both won't attack you at once?

Because if my kick succeeds it probably won't matter because I'd avoid them.

Who's to say they won't both avoid you entirely?
Then I'm chopped up meat.

Then how will anyone be able to tell which one will be the closest to you?

They shouldn't be trying to figure out which one is closest to me in the middle of a battle.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2014, 04:15:23 am »

I think you seriously misunderstood what I'm saying and what I have said.

Who's to say both won't attack you at once?

Because if my kick succeeds it probably won't matter because I'd avoid them.
No, it doesn't. Just because you hit doesn't mean they won't hit you. It is not the case now and was not the case in the past.

And you can't hit both at once anyway.

Who's to say they won't both avoid you entirely?
Then I'm chopped up meat.
If they're both avoiding you then they aren't attacking you. Notice that I did not add the critical part "...avoid your attack entirely". Thus, the sentence means they are trying to avoid you. As a person in your entirety. By a wide distance. Not your potential attack.

Then how will anyone be able to tell which one will be the closest to you?

They shouldn't be trying to figure out which one is closest to me in the middle of a battle.
Let me clarify and rephrase the question: How will I decide which enemy is closest to you in an arbitrary system for distance, without making an arbitrary decision if either of the above two cases happen?

I can't. That means I will be forced to make an arbitrary decision anyway, making the "closest" part completely pointless.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:18:17 am by Tarran »

blazing glory

« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2014, 05:07:47 am »

So your simply chewing me out for saying "closest"?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2014, 05:50:11 am »

No. First, I asked a simple question because I had hoped it would be enough to let you figure out that there might be an issue with your request. You didn't understand the question, you broke it into three different bits when it shouldn't have been, and also showed that you didn't understand what I said earlier about how combat was changing. So I clarified how the combat system will now work, and further specified, added detail to, and lengthened the question so as to try and make you understand why there's a problem (though obviously I did it wrong because you're coming to a very oversimplified conclusion). That is why I went through a lengthy post for a simple issue, when really I only intended for that short first post.

Whatever. If you still can't understand or something, I'm not interested in getting into an even lengthier discussion about a simple question. It's already too long.

blazing glory

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2014, 05:54:56 am »

Alright,editing my post.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2014, 05:55:05 am »

PROD HAND the dude with the hand saw into hopeful unconsciousness.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:41 am »

eh, time to meet up at section primary. Take out my net launcher and load it up with a normal net just in case
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:14 pm »

Weaponize myself to have a better chance to survive in this mad, mad world. Then, search for friendly humans. Er... Sentients that once were humans.

Specification edit: being reasonable, I want to find some long-lasting ranged weapon and something for close combat that could be used without special skill.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:46:24 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2014, 06:30:32 pm »

A bit of specification would be appreciated by me, and probably more likely to result in something you'll appreciate.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

Taze him.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35