Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50846 times)

blazing glory

Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #465 on: August 23, 2014, 07:58:24 pm »

((Hydra,can't say I expected that.))

Stealthily get a Assault rifle and 2 clips.

Don't suppose any of you would kindly hand me a first aid kit.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2014, 08:07:29 pm »

((I was expecting either hydra or chimera based on your last mutation + your first turn))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

blazing glory

« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »

((I was expecting either hydra or chimera based on your last mutation + your first turn))

((Forgot about the mind splitting thing at the start.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2014, 01:22:04 pm »

"Boneskythe... Well, I certainly can use this with a bit of accuracy... And imagination."

Carefully step inside and observe the room, trying to locate possible enemies before they notice our party.

((I hope that actual blade starts near elbow. It would be nearly unusable protuding from the shoulder.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »

"Hang back a moment, y'all."

Stealthily explore the path ahead, get an idea of what is in each room we can see from here. Especially that lovely security room.
Help with the scouting. Tentacle monsters are stealthy, right?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2014, 06:28:01 pm »

((I hope that actual blade starts near elbow. It would be nearly unusable protuding from the shoulder.))
Well, in theory you could still rub against people's necks and cut their throats or similar.

More seriously, yes, basically elbow.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:23 am »

Turn 31: Making it obvious that the GM is giving the players a ton of leeway for bad rolls at the moment. No cookies for guessing why since it probably is blinding obvious.

Also, sneaky sneaky!

Stealthily explore the path ahead, get an idea of what is in each room we can see from here. Especially that lovely security room.
[8]: You "stealthily" walk around into the room, looking a bit too fast for people around. You don't really see anyone in this room. It's here that you realize after smacking an assault rifle and sending it sliding an inch or two that you aren't very stealthy. You get a glimpse of people in other Connections, and decide that with how unstealthy you are being it would probably be better to go back into hiding instead of pressing the issue.

So you do that. You go back into the hallway. On the way back, you notice the way to the Security Room open, and blood splattered on the entrance. However, you don't see much else.

as my bat-ears continue to swivel and listen for any threats, I quietly move forward and advance towards the fallen guards with battle rifles. before rounding any corners or exposing myself to long lines of sight I pause for an extra moment to listen for any other threats, then softly step forward and collect a battle rifle and ammunition for it.

If threatened and I'm near the weapons, I dash forwards, grab one and a single reload for it, and then dash back, using my wings to aid me as long as I have room.
If threatened and I'm not near the weapons, I back away and go to the rear of the group, ready my tazer, and attempt to use it to defend us from somewhere that my already badly injured and with no defensive mutations self won't get even more hurt.
When using ranged weapons, trust my newfound hearing and allow it to guide my aim.
[18]: You sneak around far better than a couple others, and easily grab a battle rifle and three clips for it. Obviously, seeing moving shapes after glimpsing around, you decide you should go back to the hallway, and you do so.

Gained Items:
Derringer Battle Rifle (empty).
3 Derringer clips (all full).

Quietly inspect the guard corpses for anything salvageable
[10]: You conclude that the Heavy Guards in the room have ruined body armor and both assault and battle rifles. Some also have some combat knifes. Oh, and of course, they have the usual level 1 security cards, aside from the sergeant, who has a level 2.

This is almost exactly what the group concluded last turn, so it's not any major breakthrough.

You regenerate.

Go to Portion Hub Hallway.
[16]: You go to the hallway, and notice a large part of your group sneaking around in a room ahead.

Aside from that, standard movement action gets standard action response.

Stealthily get a Assault rifle and 2 clips.

Don't suppose any of you would kindly hand me a first aid kit.
[17]: You stealthily grab a rifle and 2 clips for it, before returning back to the hallway so you don't get spotted.

Gained Items:
Reaper Assault Rifle (partially full).
2 Reaper clips (all full).

"Boneskythe... Well, I certainly can use this with a bit of accuracy... And imagination."

Carefully step inside and observe the room, trying to locate possible enemies before they notice our party.
[20!]: You step inside and observe the room, noticing that there's nobody in here. Or, at least, that's what you thought, as you notice the barrel of a battle rifle pointing from behind the 2/3rds of a table in a corner. It's quite clearly off the ground, and it even seems to be following your less stealthy teammates. You would check who it was who was holding it, but the only way to get a clear view is either walking across the room to peek over the table, or walking around to see around the table and in the process getting in front of the barrel yourself.

You do get the faint idea that it's probably not likely that infected would be intelligent enough to put a trap here, though. You return back to the hallway to avoid standing out in the open.

Help with the scouting. Tentacle monsters are stealthy, right?
[2]: You rather abruptly start "sneaking" around inside the room, crouching and looking around quite fast, stumbling into several corpses before realizing you aren't being stealthy and maybe it isn't a good idea to push the issue and get yourself spotted.

So you turn around and go back into the hallway before you ruin everything for everyone. You didn't risk spotting anyone, lest they spot you.

You regenerate.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:08:27 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #472 on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:07 am »

Take one of the 3 first aid kits that the people have,use it to treat my wounds,give it back afterwards.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2014, 02:51:16 am »

Give Starn some first aid, get knife for self
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »

"Please give me a moment. I think I can..."
listen closely to the room ahead, and attempt to use my enhanced hearing to locate the individuals out there waiting for us.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:56:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »

Give her a moment! She thinks she can!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:43 pm »

"There is definitely someone - over that table", - Alexander whispered. - "Armed, too."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »

listen closely to the room ahead, and attempt to use my enhanced hearing to locate the individuals out there waiting for us.
Tentacles are good for hearing, right? Aid in listening.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:24:38 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2014, 10:00:30 pm »

The room ahead? You already know, based on collective knowledge, that there's only one person behind the table. So this action would get little to no information.

Or perhaps you mean some of the other rooms? Maybe even those I forgot to list. Oh hey, perhaps I should add those to travelable locations huh guys, that sounds like a good idea Mr. GM.

Edit: Done, added pretty much everywhere travelable so people now have no excuse to not specifying target locations. Unfortunately, it's large and full of similar rooms. Use your browser's search function if you want to preserve your sanity, folks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:10:38 pm by Tarran »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:27 am »

The room ahead? You already know, based on collective knowledge, that there's only one person behind the table. So this action would get little to no information.
((That actually is exactly what I needed to know - number and location of individuals in the room. Just didn't see where it was shown that that person was the only one in the room.))
stay out of the ambusher's line of fire, ready my battle rifle, and aim it at his hiding place. Do not fire unless he fires first.
"We know you're behind that table. Put the weapon down and we can talk. It's pretty clear that your mind is intact, since you're smart enough to set that ambush up, so I'd prefer to work with you to get all of us out of here alive. I'm Erin, who are you, and what exactly happened here?" ((EDIT: see later post, this speech is replaced with a note))
Open negotiations.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:56:40 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35