Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775471 times)

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #915 on: September 10, 2014, 12:41:46 pm »

Crash dump from 4.55 (DF 40.10)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9663

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #916 on: September 10, 2014, 04:56:44 pm »

Crash dump from 4.55 (DF 40.10)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9663

I don't see any mention of twbt or other plugins in the crash log. Can't be completely sure since there's no debug info for DF though. But if Toady accepts crash dumps, you should probably send him this one. I'll check z-level scrolling with twbt as well anyway.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 10, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

There has to be some way to make it so you can change more than one bar tile. Since this works

#METAL INDUSTRY
workflow amount BAR//COAL 500 250
workflow amount BAR//COAL:coke 500 250
workflow amount BAR//INORGANIC:COPPER 50 25
workflow amount BAR//INORGANIC:SILVER 50 25
workflow amount BAR//INORGANIC:IRON 50 25
workflow amount BAR//INORGANIC:BRONZE 50 25

If anyone has a big fort with lots of stuff they want to upload so I can test the override graphics I've been working on that'd be great.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those are the one's I've got completed + some others I didn't write into the overrides file yet, just have to write the overrides for them(easiest part) and make sure they are working and look decent, plus a bit more editing of some of them. Then work on the tree branches and stuff which I'll probably do later, in a way it's easier than that stuff but it's a lot more than that stuff.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 11, 2014, 03:54:04 am »

Only TrueType rendering uses .ttf files. Everything else is in that .png format, just like those pink tile sheets. For examplé.

You need to set [FONT] and [FULLFONT] to a tileset, too. Just a tileset that uses readable fonts as tiles (not a coffin as "O", a staircase as "X", levers as "ó"/"ò", a bag as male sign, etc).

Thanks a bundle. A shame, but I guess it is a lot better than nothing. I was hoping to get rid of these odd tileset letter oddities shown below by using a truetype font with a tileset.

"Odd blocks in text"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #919 on: September 11, 2014, 03:58:00 am »

If you mean that the '.' is a grey box when you say odditities, those happen when you use a tileset and NO truetype, which is required for Twbt. But if you use a tileset with punctuation as the FONT tileset, those shouldnt be a problem. Fricy posted some nice versions, I think a Phoebus version was among it as well. Getting rid of the grey background around the n and o, and the missing , and . on your screenshot, thats not a problem.

Try this one as your font tileset:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 11, 2014, 04:03:47 am »

I redid CLA for the punctuation earlier today:  https://imgur.com/A0rDv9m

@Mifki - any idea when the nextgen branch might update for 40.11?  I'm keen to try it out again now that it sounds like most of the bugs have been fixed :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #921 on: September 11, 2014, 04:26:15 am »

@Mifki - any idea when the nextgen branch might update for 40.11?  I'm keen to try it out again now that it sounds like most of the bugs have been fixed :)

Going to do this now, and for 40.12 probably)

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 11, 2014, 08:42:09 am »

Huh? Why don't you just use Myne or Haowan? CLA is just based on them anyway, and these are what I use for TWBT text.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:55 am »

Huh? Why don't you just use Myne or Haowan? CLA is just based on them anyway, and these are what I use for TWBT text.

It's an exact copy of CLA, except that the shaded squares look odd in text so I replaced them with a period, comma,  and apostrophe. It didn't occur to me to check it against Myne, and I didn't know about Haowan  :P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:54 am »

It didn't occur to me to check it against Myne, and I didn't know about Haowan  :P
I see. I would suggest to just use Myne or Haowan (there are only two or 3 tiles difference, none of which appear in the interface IIRC) if you want a text tileset for twbt together with CLA. That would also fix the 'X' still being stairs in the "text-friendly CLA" you posted above. If I find some time and finalize a CLA version to be used with twbt, I'll post it anyway. The tiles are pretty much finished (I don't change that much), I just need to write the text files and test it extensively.

That reminds me
@mifki:

Can we already use separate tilesets for the following:
* bin, cursor, up/down stairs
I know bin and u/d stairs already worked, but what about the cursor?
* doors of various materials
* all the new tree tiles you can specify in the init files
and if so, what about specific trees? Say you want to have different leaves for deciduous and coniferous trees. Would you need to change the raws (so spruce leaves uses tile #123, and apple leaves use tile #456), and then assign them to a different tileset with twbt, or could you skip the raw changes and define, say, TREE:SPRUCE:LEAF or whatever to use #123 on tileset X and TREE:APPLE:LEAF to use tile #456 on tileset Y solely through overrides.txt without touching the raws?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 11, 2014, 11:27:28 am »

You could probably do it that way, if you wanted them to use different leaves. In the raws you just set them to another tile and then you use that tile in the overrides for them. Since the overrides only override the tile they are told to + w.e you tell them to override. Cursor can't be replaced atm. But you can just replace the cursor (X) in the main tileset for your twbt version.

Doors already take the color of the material that are used to make them if you made the door correctly in the tileset. Idk if you can have more than the 2 doors though.

If you downloaded twbt and looked at the readme you'd see everything you can override.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #926 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:44 am »

I'm trying to understand what CLA stands for but can't figure it out.  One of the only remaining issues that is bugging me these days is how for instance on the manager interface it shows a red X for orders not yet validated, and a green... weapon rack?  for validated?  Any idea how to correct that?  This also shows up in the uniforms and equipment interface of the military pages.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 11, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »

I'm trying to understand what CLA stands for but can't figure it out.  One of the only remaining issues that is bugging me these days is how for instance on the manager interface it shows a red X for orders not yet validated, and a green... weapon rack?  for validated?  Any idea how to correct that?  This also shows up in the uniforms and equipment interface of the military pages.
The weapon rack uses a checkmark character, so any tile set that makes it look more weaponracky will also change the manager's check and the badlands on the world map.

The fix is for the manager screen to use the text font, which I thought it already did.  I just don't really notice the shape of those symbols on the manager screen, the color tells me what I need to know.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 11, 2014, 01:33:04 pm »

Quote from: LeoCean
Cursor can't be replaced atm. But you can just replace the cursor (X) in the main tileset for your twbt version.

If you downloaded twbt and looked at the readme you'd see everything you can override.
Thanks.
Doors already take the color of the material that are used to make them if you made the door correctly in the tileset. Idk if you can have more than the 2 doors though.
Wooden, metal and rock doors have different tiles, no? As far as I understand, these are hardcoded. Anyway, I'll just check the readme.

You could probably do it that way, if you wanted them to use different leaves. In the raws you just set them to another tile and then you use that tile in the overrides for them. Since the overrides only override the tile they are told to + w.e you tell them to override.
Yeah, but can I do it without changing the raws?
The point being, if I could, I wouldn't have to maintain two separate sets of raws for a twbt and a non-twbt version.

Quote from: Arumba
I'm trying to understand what CLA stands for but can't figure it out.
You mean the letters C, L and A? It doesn't stand for anything.

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 11, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »

A new Crash dump, definitely from the automaterial plugin this time ;).

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9670
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 185