Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174112 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:07 pm »

Do this:
I distinctly remember replying to both of those, one telling you to ask the driver in character and the other asking if Miya ever actually finished the goop launcher because I don't remember him ever assembling it. He got it prototyped, but prototype stuff still just gives you the pieces, not the whole. You have to assemble them.

Also, next time, you might want to be a bit more specific then "Approach the diner." Piecewise runs on absolute statements.

You walk straight down the center of the street, space flame thrower in hand, whistling a jaunty tune. You walk straight up to entrance of the diner and then stand there.

You may have typed the replies, but they weren't actually posted. The last two turns are here and here, and there was no response in either.

And I believe Miyamoto had the original namite thrower modified - the prototype part was just so that the modification would be free. The relevant post is in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If some assembly is still required, can I do that retroactively?
Also retroactively ask the driver where the smoke grenades we were promised are.

Wait for my helmet's filters to reset, then shove Lerman off of me and give him a good kick and stand up. Count how many floors there are in the target building, then go look for twist-ties or something else I could use to bind the unconscious diners' hands. If they're wearing belts and I can't find anything else, use those. If they're not wearing belts and there is absolutely nothing in either the diner or the kitchen that could be used to bind their hands, use their shirts.
Once they're tied up, drag them away from the broken windows, behind the counter preferably.

Tell the driver to bring the APC over to the diner.

Check the Venetian blinds on the windows. Can they still be closed? If so, close them.

We'll assume it got assembled.

You walk into the diner, hop the counter and walk past a screaming waitress to grab a box of zipties from under the counter. They're clearly not designed to be used as cuffs, but they should work.

You ziptie the unconscious patron's hands behind their back and their feet together before closing the metal shutter on the window and locking it in place.

"Well, for what it's worth, the back door is open. Although, with that noise, I have a feeling the front door is just as valid an option now. Anyway, I have two doors back in the kitchen, one looks like it goes up, the other down. Me and squishy here are heading down."

Get over to the hatch, and get it open. If it's locked, look for a key.
You just bust straight in to the kitchen, walk right past the cook, who has spun around to look at you, and head for the hatch. You're about to kneel down and mess with the hatch when the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. You throw yourself back as a meat cleaver hisses through the air and embeds itself 6 inches deep in the solid ceramic tile and brick of the wall. The cook grabs a butcher's knife from the cutting board near him and charges toward you.

Explore ground floor of building. If confronted, attack person with nightstick.

Well the front seems fairly secure but there's a hell of a ruckus coming from the kitchen.

"... Well, it probably would have been more subtle to just ram the APC in..."
Kyle says watching the scene with a look of near awe.
"Welcome to ARM," Faith said over the comms.

"You and you," she said, pointing at Hasala and Konrad. "Thanks to you and you-like behaviors, we most likely have cops incoming. That means it's your responsibility to deal with them if they do. Ideally, you won't have to because someone more qualified will take care of it. But you broke it, so you're officially on copwatch for it.

Meanwhile, I still don't like that satellite dish. Going rooftop, with a quick stop to a window."

Climb the building properly, like an enraged lizard not afraid to damage the masonry. Look inside a window using various vision modes on the third floor; bash it open and stick my head in if necessary. See if it's still black from the inside.
You climb up to the third floor like a particularly angry gecko and attempt to see through the window. There are cloth curtains blocking your view. You sign and  attempt to push your hand through the glass, which should be as easy is puncturing plastic wrap with a sledge hammer. It doesn't budge. You try harder. Nothing. Finally, you draw your arm back and give it one good punch. It holds for a second, as a sound like distant whistling reverberates around you. And then you're flying backwards, slapped right off the building by some sort of unseen wall of force. You fall a good story or so down to the closest roof and straight into an air conditioning unit. You sit there, half embedded in the thing with a sour look on your face.

"Oh, so thats how we're gonna play it eh?"

((yeeeep, still the butt monkey))

Lerman retreats mentally from the verbal and physical assault.

"I-I was trying to help... I got civvies out, right?"

Mope. Go sit in the APC's turret and be depressed. If Faith can't get to the radio dish, see if I can't shoot it into little pieces.
(Low will is a bitch eh?)

You go sit in the turret. Yeah, you could shoot the shit out of that dish from here. Hell, as close as the APC is now, parked right beside the building, it would be hard to miss.

Not that you wouldn't royally fuck it up somehow. Somehow.

Kyle follows anyone who isn't going through restaurant. Upstairs preferably.
You see Morul  almost get murdered and are now face to face with a very cheesed off short order cook.

"Orders Ma'am?"
look to faith await orders, stand at attention respond to orders as neccessary
Back in the day, everyone was standing at attention when faith was around.

Hey-o

"Yes ma'am"
guard bottom floor of the diner contact faith on any signs of police and then follow her orders/begin moving to extraction point
You stand guard out front, ready to gun down any law enforcement that comes to ruin the party. You hope you get an entire squad that only has 2 days till retirement. They always go down easy.

"Whelp, upstairs it is then. I'll start sweeping floors, maybe I can learn something."

Start going upstairs, stop at the 1st floor (That is the first floor above ground level) and sweep the hallway with cameyes. try and keep riot shield somewhat in font of me at all times
Again, the Cook is very angry about what you said about his food. He would like a word with your stomach and he is willing to go through your chest cavity to facilitate this discussion.

Take point at the top of stairs leading to the basement.

"Find anything?"

Jack stands up and dusts himself off from being tackled.  "A bit more warning would have been nice."  He looks around the diner.  "I guess I'll head up.
Team up with Pancaek.
I'M RUNNING OUT OF WAYS TO SAY YOU PISSED OFF THE COOK.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »

Kyle looks surprised.
"Sorry! We just came in to compliment your cooking... Well, I did, I don't know what these idiots were doing."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

Investigate commotion in the kitchen. When I see the armed cook, shoot him with the goop thrower. Observe the effects.

Continue to ignore screaming waitress, unless she becomes hostile, in which case shoot her with the goop thrower, too.
Are the cook and her the only civilians left, besides the tied up, unconscious guys?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:03:52 pm by swordsmith04 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2014, 02:24:15 pm »

((I fail to see why I need to go through the kitchen to get upstairs, but whatevs.))

"You seem to be attcking us. This is unacceptable. Allow me ot back you up, Has."

If Hasala fails to immobilize the cook with the goop thrower, Jerk the knife out of his hand and fling it towards one of the walls, ina direction so it doesn't hit anyone. If hasala does manage to immobilize him, do nothing. If the cook is immobilized/dead at the end of this turn, go one floor up and scan the floor with all cameye settings
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:00:29 pm by Pancaek »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:12 pm »

((I fail to see why I need to go through the kitchen to get upstairs, but whatevs.))

((That's where the only stairs up are.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2014, 02:59:41 pm »

((That's where the only stairs up are.))
((Ah, I must have read over that bit. It all makes just a little more sense now. thanks.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »

"They say too many cooks spoil the stew, looks like you guys should have this."
If the cook isn't taken care of, and he makes a break for the dining area, then strike him with the nightstick.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2014, 03:23:27 pm »

Shoot the dish with the chaingun. Watch out for cops.

"Take that, inanimate object!"

((can't wait to see how this fails))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:00:41 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »

"I got this one."

Using my amp, grab his head and twist a full 360 degrees.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2014, 03:57:42 pm »

((You guys are all about excessive force, aren't you?))

Run into kitchen. Scream "CIVIC DEFENSE, GET ON THE GROUND!" at the cook. If he resists and isn't shot, gooped, burnt, or decapitated, subdue with nightstick.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »

((You guys are homicidal bastards.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »

((You guys are homicidal bastards.))
((Welcome to the HMRC, try not to scream too loudly))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2014, 07:39:14 pm »

((seeing as Yttra was looking at the back door and there was a building in between her and the flashbang i'm just gonna assume she's fine?))

Yttra watches her teammate telekinetically open the door with zero craziness, zero explosions and perfect effectiveness. Well how about that.

@Morul "Huh. Wow. Nice one. Wow. Neat."

Enter via now-opened back door. Cover Morul, shooting anyone who attacks him (or me) with the pistol. Scope out the kitchen to see who's in here with us. Say to them:
@Kitchen Staff "We don't have any business with you, keep out of the way and you won't get hurt."
and, after listening to the screams in the diner, add: "And if ya wanna just scram out the back door here, which i would 100% recommend, now's the time.".

You seem to have missed the action that would probably have involved me shooting the cook with a tranq pistol as soon as he attacked Morul.

So, this turn i guess is…

Stand around looking shocked at the quickly unfolding brutality.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:20:12 pm by yobbo »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2014, 09:31:03 pm »

"Bad news, alien fuckery's higher than we thought. That void's not just an information barrier, it's an outright sheath. Tried to punch through it, bounced me across the street.

Hopefully it won't be as hard getting in from the top or bottom, but if so we may have problems."

Extricate self from air conditioner, leap and/or gecko back up to cult roof. Cameye the satellite dish's connections to see what they look like vanishing into the building. If there's a trapdoor or other obvious way in, attempt to use it.

((can't wait to see how this fails))
((You're welcome. With me in the way, the failure should be obvious. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:34 am »

((You're welcome. With me in the way, the failure should be obvious. :P))

((my current list of possible failures;
shoot Faith
shoot other teammate through window
shoot barrier, rebounding bullets explode the APC
shoot barrier, let out alien fuckery
shoot barrier, anger alien fuckery
shoot buidling, destroy structural support
shoot down nearby aircraft
shoot dish, squash Faith
shoot dish, cave in roof, see previous mentions involving alien fuckery
shoot dish, summon military
shoot dish, summon cultists

I could go on for ages, I have pages of this shit))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72