Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173647 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »

"Huh, looks like guard duty for me."
Keep watch over the hatch and the stairs up, maintain Con bonus
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:54:42 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »

@Jack: "Hey, where did… uhh, my partner, go?" $#@! what was his name?… well whatever.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

"I can still hear you perfectly fine jackass"
"How wonderful for you. Sadly, you're still aiming the damn gun. Surely you realize we can't let you shoot at us again? We're in enough shit without our own people shooting at us...again. So my question stands, how shall I stop you from attacking us?"

((@Yobbo: you take care of that goop thrower. Even though I sold it, it's still my baby.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

((Talking to his corpse? Reminds me of Feyri. :P
Thanks for testing it for me. Just don't lose it. ;) ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »

"possesed? What kind of occult hellhole did we just enter? Ah well, what do you want me to do with him, decapitate?"
"What no, just get his gun and get ready when the lady reemerges!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:19 pm »

"
@Jack: "Hey, where did… uhh, my partner, go?" $#@! what was his name?… well whatever.
"Uh, would that have been a robot with goggles, calls himself Morul?  If so, he went down the stairs.  Told me to watch it and keep a close eye on anyone coming up."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:59 pm »

"Uh, would that have been a robot with goggles, calls himself Morul?  If so, he went down the stairs.  Told me to watch it and keep a close eye on anyone coming up."
"Yeah, goggles, that's him. $#@!. Okay."

Ugh, does that mean i should follow? He's probably fine by himself. I don't think i could even help. I mean he ripped some guy's head off with his brain. Brain off with brain. Gllrrpp.

Yttra looks a little sick for some reason.

But what if he's not? $#@!. I'm probably supposed to be his backup. *&^%.

And something's going on upstairs. Someone shooting teammates again. I don't wanna be there. But then isn't that exactly the kinda thing this gun i just st-… borrowed is for?

Yttra sits down by the hatch and tries to open it but finds it locked.

"Lemme guess, he told you to lock it too, and not let anyone else down, right?" Well… i guess that suits me. But what if he's not okay? $#@!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2014, 07:40:15 am »

"Right, I guess that works too."

Jerk Konrad's laser out of his hands with my mass amp. If the lady reemerges, rip off her head with mass amp.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:08 am »

"Lemme guess, he told you to lock it too, and not let anyone else down, right?"
"Yeah, that's pretty much what he said."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2014, 05:36:56 pm »

Thanks Yttra!

Head back upstairs and try to figure out what in the hell is going on.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2014, 02:25:47 pm »

Peep head through the turret. What the shit is going on outside?
Would seem so.

"You still there? Shit. Tunnel must block the signal, or whatever that void was. Guess I'm on my own."

Did I notice anything strange about the men, or am I too distant to make out much detail? Can I get under the walkway, and would it be enough to keep the two men from seeing me? If yes to those questions, carefully get off and under the walkway, and slowly move closer to the two men, trying to stay quiet. If not, spend this turn charging an exo bonus.
The man on the right looks fairly normal, physically, but he's wearing an...it looks like a scuba diver's mask and tank, but you can see water inside the mask. The second man, the one on the left, he's holding a rifle of some sort and looks pretty normal, though he also appears to be some what injured; he's got bandages over several places on his body and his neck is in a brace.

Hmm. Well, you might be able to; the walkway would prevent the guy on the right from seeing you, but the guy on the left probably had a pretty good view of at least part of the underneath of the walkway. You're not certain you can make it past him.

"Awww I was gonna return that...."
consider if laser rifle can still be sold back for 2 considering that I didn't use it kinda
Assuming you survive and the rifle isn't destroyed, you can probably get 1

Move the tables to barricade the front door and any other exits. Also reinforce the barricades with random miscellaneous crap lying around: Chairs, Shelves, Plants, Lamps, Boxes, Vending Machines, etc. Close and lock all of the windows. Strip the hostages, take anything useful such as money, wallets, phones, identity, weaponry, jewelry, electronic devices and so forth.
You shove the desks and a fair number of filing cabinets and chairs over to the front door and pile them up against it. It's a bit useless, since the door opens out, but still.

That done, you lock up all the windows, few that there are, and then proceed to strip the hostages of wallets, purses, jewelery, cell phones, etc. You throw all the personal items and clothing into a big pile in the center of the room.

Yttra finishes off her splinting job and immediately turns to begin dragging bodies to the APC. It's good to have something to focus on. Something other than the immense soul-crushing doom of whatever her life has become. Pushing guts back into bodies is rainbows and candy compared to thinking about what's going on.

She notices that Hasala had a shotgun, and moves to take that to replace the one she gave to D'usse, when she finds his goop thrower.

@Hasala who is dead: "Huh. I guess you didn't just spray it everywhere after all."

She's glad she can't see his face thru his helmet. This way she can kind of pretend he's just sleeping.

@Hasala who is dead: "I'm borrowing this."

Politely ask the driver to back the APC up to the entrance.

Drag Hasala and Kyle to the APC and strap them in.

"Borrow" Hasala's goop thrower, and also the spray bottle handily labeled "GOOP DISSOLVANT". And the flashbangs and artifact containers too. Why not.

If there are any civilians left in the diner, drag them across to the hostage building. Otherwise just go to the kitchen and stand around.

You get the APC backed up, the deaders strapped in, and the stuff stolen, but moving the rest of the unconscious people to May's anti-love shack is problematic because there's a giant wall of crap in front of the door.

Yep. Thats a hatch alright. Still a hatch...wait...nope. Still a hatch.

"Awww I was gonna return that...."
consider if laser rifle can still be sold back for 2 considering that I didn't use it kinda

((The gun has been used. The user doesn't matter. Also, nice priorities. :P ))
(("STEVE! Steve, we're under heavy fire, request immediate assistance! IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!"
"Hey Steve? Really need some help here. Yeah I'm kind of shredding my team, but I had intended to resell this weapon as unused, so is there any way I could do that?"))

"Fethin' hell, Faith, the entire room is also pure black, I can't see jack shit in here. Do you think there's any chance we can get Steve to just glass the entire planet? Because this is getting pretty annoyi-"

Pan sees Faith on the ground with Konrad still pointing the gun

"New blood, you better put that fething weapon down right now before I tear your goddamned arms off. I've had enough annoyances for one day."
"S'what they pay us for, and he's possessed!"

Kinetic amp air punch Konrad, aiming to disorient or disable.
"Right, I guess that works too."

Jerk Konrad's laser out of his hands with my mass amp. If the lady reemerges, rip off her head with mass amp.

Faith punches the air in the direction of Konrad, and the force of her blow is enough to generate a not insubstantial shockwave in all directions around her. Konrad stumbles back a step or two, but remains standing. Pancaek, on the other hand, takes the shockwave like a fresh sapling takes a hurricane and is knocked flat on the ground. The good news, however, is that the shockwave is enough to tear away many of the dividing sheets around the room and reveal that the room is, at least as far as can be seen, empty. The others must have scampered away.

Konrad sweeps his laser towards Pancaek this time, but manages only to just clip him in the side and does no real damage.

Thanks Yttra!

Head back upstairs and try to figure out what in the hell is going on.
From what you can see as you run up, it appears that faith and pancaek are attempting to kill konrad.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »

"Hey, Faith? If you don't want me to disarm him, you could have just said so, you know?" Pan says, still flat on his ass.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

"Sorry! Physics!"

If my legs work again, jump Konrad and get his gun. If they don't work again, scurry-jump Konrad and get his gun. Try to come at him from a different direction than Pancaek in either case.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2014, 04:08:26 pm »

Stare at dead people in APC.

"Someone else has joined the battle to change the station! My job here is done. CHARGE!"

Grab my gear and find the action!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:51:57 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2014, 05:12:32 pm »

"Hrmm."

Using my mass amp, rip the mask off of Scuba man(right), and crush Bandage's(left) chest. If successful, run up and disarm Scuba man.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72