Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174118 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #720 on: August 03, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »

"Huh. When did you get here Miyamoto? And I don't have any weapons aside from my amp, and I can't really put that down. And I'm not possessed anymore. When I disappear like that, I REALLY disappear. Nothing gets in or out of the void. I realize why you're doing it, but Flint isn't going to be able to truly confirm anything. Face it, you're just gonna have to trust me, or shoot me now."

"I cannot take that risk Morul, for all I know whatever controlled you is saying that.

And whether or not we'll be able to trust you is going to be my decision. If we really can't find a way to confirm I might just shock you senseless and keep you with the other wounded. Worst case, I'm down an asset I had written of already. Now, please comply with my orders for now and go lie face down. We can see how we continue from there."

If Morul does not comply, ask Steve to shock him unconscious. If Steve can somehow confirm remotely he's fully himself and without outside influence, disregard that order.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:42 pm »

"Again, I understand why you're doing it, but if there was a quick and easy mind control test, why haven't we heard of it? But fine. I'll play along."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #722 on: August 03, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

"Drop to your knees! Keep your hands up and your eyes away from me! Do it! Do it now!"

Point my gun at Morul, just in case. Also move a bit once he loses sight of me, so that he can't hit me with a blind attack.

Try to keep an eye on that drone's camera. Anything interesting about the area Faith is moving towards?

((I hope you won't have Morul shocked or otherwise incapacitated if he complies, because that would be kind of a double standard.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 03, 2014, 11:42:14 pm »

Assuming nothing tremendously urgent is happening in or near the diner, Yttra heads back upstairs, sits down on a bed and starts watching the videos that Miyamoto sent. Specifically she watches from Morul's perspective, fighting alone in the basement, then from Konrad's, trying to escape as ghostly arms reach into his body, taking it over. She shifts uneasily as she watches a bandaged corpse take a scuba tank to the head, get smashed against the wall, and keep on walking. She flinches as Faith kicks a guy across the room so hard she damages her own legs. She clicks it off just as Konrad is being pinned to the floor by an expanding mass of fresh goo.

Then she watches the hotdrop video again.

((interrupted))

Go back to the second floor, sit down on a bed, and watch videos.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:27:14 pm by yobbo »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:53 am »

"How interesting, didnt i find one of those cloaks back on haphaestus when we were stealing the place?

We thinking trap? Im thinking trap... theres no way the universe is so kind as to so quickly serve me up a replacement let alone on a golden throne unless it had some sort of evil trick up its sleeve."

Attempt to discern purpose of the egg domes via use of INT and AUX rolls.
Keep an eye on the dead guy and be ready to decapitate him with my amp at a moments notice.

Oh and put out an empty box just in case pancaek wants to levitate him out of the chair.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

Cock shotgun, wait in anticipation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2014, 11:34:19 pm »

"Konrak, Taddok, you have my permission to leave the APC, with the dead inside, and come over to the diner to help. Be sure the APC is in a safe location before you do though. Report back in when you get here."
M'kay!

If I'm within a mile of the diner, start heading there when the wounded are loaded into the APC.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 05, 2014, 12:31:04 am »

"Konrak, Taddok, you have my permission to leave the APC, with the dead inside, and come over to the diner to help. Be sure the APC is in a safe location before you do though. Report back in when you get here."

((OOC note: yes, i know this is stupid and dangerous. But I feel really, really bad about condemning two players to staring at a wall.

Damn, I'm taking sods with me from now. Here's hoping pw will be lenient on this matter, cause if not I'll be forced to waste players for boring crap like this in the future.))

"its Konrad sir"
head to the diner after reloading wounded into APC and moving out of the way
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 05, 2014, 07:03:38 am »

Scuttle close enough so that I can see into the room.

Shield my eyes from Feyri's flashbang, then look at its effect.

Should something attack in response, use appropriate amp response to neutralize the threat.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:09 am »

"Huh."

Look away from flash bang then enter room with shotgun at the ready.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Great, everybody, try to record this whole room for Steve with your cams. Don't touch or enter in contact with anything directly. The chance of mindfucking is high. Also, I need one person to try and take samples of the corpse, as well as his cloak's since it can be useful for us to analise it.

Considering Morul, I think we have an Urban Executor here. I still remember my first mission. This is bad.

Protect from the effects of the grenade. After Feyri's flasgrenade detonates and it's effects are gone. Look around, try to record the room for Steve. Enter BT and move quickly around to prevent mindfucking, also prepared to enter combat with Faith in case she appears. Wait to see if someone goes to take the samples.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:00:12 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:46 am »

Exit the building, and go to the crater. Look inside. If I find a way in, go down to further investigate
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:02:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:44 am »

((You might want to bold your actions to make them easy to see.  They can get missed otherwise.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #733 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:02 pm »

"Drop to your knees! Keep your hands up and your eyes away from me! Do it! Do it now!"

Point my gun at Morul, just in case. Also move a bit once he loses sight of me, so that he can't hit me with a blind attack.

Try to keep an eye on that drone's camera. Anything interesting about the area Faith is moving towards?

((I hope you won't have Morul shocked or otherwise incapacitated if he complies, because that would be kind of a double standard.))
"Alright, I'm back. Care to bring me up to speed on what I missed? And no, I'm not mind controlled anymore."

Continue brain rest, and examine the extent of the damage to my body. Comply with Flint.
Morul is nice enough to comply with everything you ask him to do so you don't have to put bullets into him.

You keep an eye on the drone cam. Faith seems to be moving through downtown and is heading out back into the suburbs beyond. You don't see any obvious targets in that direction, it's very odd.

Exit the building, and go to the crater. Look inside. If I find a way in, go down to further investigate
You head over to the crater and go a little way in, climbing over rubble and corpses. It looks like you might be able to get down  into there with a little digging of rubble but...wait a sec...You can see the sewer down there and it doesn't look like what you've heard people on the radio talking about, it's a ceramic pipe not a big brickwork tunnel...Uh oh.

This is getting boring but, defend ze hostages. Gee, I wonder what would happen if I sent this and tempted the almighty Steve.

((Dude, those hostages are still there. Miyamoto directly gave your squad orders for releasing them in a safe, controlled manner. You bored? Then go do what you were asked to do several turns ago.))

"Alright, I'm back. Care to bring me up to speed on what I missed? And no, I'm not mind controlled anymore."

Continue brain rest, and examine the extent of the damage to my body.

"Morul, put your weapons down right now, back away, then put your hands on your head and lie face-down so someone can come check you over. Failure to comply will result in immediate shocking or Flint opening fire. Sorry man, gotta make sure you aren't still possessed.

Flint, have you or someone on team 2 check over Morul, don't come too close. Confirm if he's still fully himself, and not mindcontrolled.

Steve, is there a surefire way to affirm someone isn't being influenced by something else? Some sort of litmus test you know of? Maybe the AM knows something?"

Talk, ask question to Steve.

EDIT: extra action from below: If Morul does not comply with Miya's orders, ask Steve to shock him unconscious. If Steve can somehow confirm remotely he's fully himself and without outside influence, disregard that order.

EDIT 2: he seems to comply in text, but not in his posted action yet, so wait with shocking for now.

be helpful (if at all possible)

((OOC note: yes, i know this is stupid and dangerous. But I feel really, really bad about condemning two players to staring at a wall.

Damn, I'm taking sods with me from now. Here's hoping pw will be lenient on this matter, cause if not I'll be forced to waste players for boring crap like this in the future.))

>The only for sure way is a brain scan but we don't have the stuff for that in the suits. Less sure ways are to look at how he moves, speaks and reacts, as well as asking him questions only he would know.  All of these things CAN be faked to make it seem as though he's not controlled, but doing so quickly, reliably and believably is difficult.

Assuming nothing tremendously urgent is happening in or near the diner, Yttra heads back upstairs, sits down on a bed and starts watching the videos that Miyamoto sent. Specifically she watches from Morul's perspective, fighting alone in the basement, then from Konrad's, trying to escape as ghostly arms reach into his body, taking it over. She shifts uneasily as she watches a bandaged corpse take a scuba tank to the head, get smashed against the wall, and keep on walking. She flinches as Faith kicks a guy across the room so hard she damages her own legs. She clicks it off just as Konrad is being pinned to the floor by an expanding mass of fresh goo.

Then she watches the hotdrop video again.

Go back to the second floor, sit down on a bed, and watch videos.
You go back upstairs and...oh. There's a headlessman standing in the middle of the room. Guess they got tired of waiting for you to go upstairs.

Cock shotgun, wait in anticipation.
You cock the shotgun  and anticipate at...something?

M'kay!

If I'm within a mile of the diner, start heading there when the wounded are loaded into the APC.

"its Konrad sir"
head to the diner after reloading wounded into APC and moving out of the way
You both start walking in that direction. It will take you a while to reach it though.

Great, everybody, try to record this whole room for Steve with your cams. Don't touch or enter in contact with anything directly. The chance of mindfucking is high. Also, I need one person to try and take samples of the corpse, as well as his cloak's since it can be useful for us to analise it.

Considering Morul, I think we have an Urban Executor here. I still remember my first mission. This is bad.

Protect from the effects of the grenade. After Feyri's flasgrenade detonates and it's effects are gone. Look around, try to record the room for Steve. Enter BT and move quickly around to prevent mindfucking, also prepared to enter combat with Faith in case she appears. Wait to see if someone goes to take the samples.

"Huh."

Look away from flash bang then enter room with shotgun at the ready.
Scuttle close enough so that I can see into the room.

Shield my eyes from Feyri's flashbang, then look at its effect.

Should something attack in response, use appropriate amp response to neutralize the threat.

(you realize you're not on this team, right?)
"How interesting, didnt i find one of those cloaks back on haphaestus when we were stealing the place?

We thinking trap? Im thinking trap... theres no way the universe is so kind as to so quickly serve me up a replacement let alone on a golden throne unless it had some sort of evil trick up its sleeve."

Attempt to discern purpose of the egg domes via use of INT and AUX rolls.
Keep an eye on the dead guy and be ready to decapitate him with my amp at a moments notice.

Oh and put out an empty box just in case pancaek wants to levitate him out of the chair.

((Yeah... editing with my phone causes... issues...))
((And amusingly disturbing mental images :P))
((Sadly, Feyri cannot see past the double parentheses. You're doomed. :I
If I was mean anyway.))

"Oh really, what are you gonna do? Steal my crotchplate?

Im in a goddamn synth-body you idget, penises do not come standard.""

"Hey, be nice to Fey, ya frakking prick"
"Oh bugger off, all i did was point out an error in the threat she made against me whilst attempting to violate my rights to free speech."
Rejoice that I fight for your right to speak.
Rejoice that I'm going to pretend you said that wrong.

Feyri carried her Rotary gun and awaited the dust to settle. Gazing inside from her position, she looked at the rest.

We are all below a diner, agreed? Could someone inform me of why I'm looking at something that shouldn't be under a diner? Team two, ready flashbangs, do not pull the pin. Watch the area. Watch your thoughts.

Grenade out.

Approach VERY cautiously. Intuition feel, go.
Lob one flashbang in there. Obviously shield self against the effects at a distance.

"We come in peace!"
...I shouldn't have used the pre-recorder for this one.
Feyri Hucks a flashbang into the room and it bursts as every takes cover. After the flashbang has finished severely menacing the walls, everyone piles in and looks around. The corpse on the throne doesn't get up and dance or attack and nothing explodes or starts screaming death curses at you, so there's that. Auron examines the egg machines and determines that they appear to have been part of the life support system for that chair and its inhabitant. They're still on, but they don't appear to be doing anything; the throne is in standby, and everything is just sorta sitting around idle. Hm.

Feyri looks at the body and feels that it is probably not dangerous; it doesn't seem to be alive or in some sort of state of half death, and she's not getting that prickly feeling of homicidal intent... But something does feel off. She can't shake the feeling that one of her teammates is in danger, but she also can't tell if it's in here or somewhere else.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 05, 2014, 01:19:49 pm »

"So. How's it going? Besides the fact that it's hit the fan again. Poor fan."

More brain rest.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 72