Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173637 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #825 on: August 12, 2014, 12:22:55 am »

Well last i saw one of them was squabbling on top of the APC and the other blew a *&^%ing big hole in the road and disappeared.

"That door over there." Yttra says, pointing at the locked (metal?) door that presumably heads upstairs.

"Don't actually know that it goes upstairs but where else would it go. Somewhere's got to."

"Ma'am." she adds, unnecessarily.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 12, 2014, 11:36:29 am »

Go to where the other people are and help
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 12, 2014, 12:28:11 pm »

I sent her as mean of communication between us boss. When I noticed it would take a moment for her to come back, I came here pretty fast just to send the video feed. And it seemed Faith was moving under there now. Feyri, we will need your gauss rotary gun right now.

Arrive at the basement, at BT speed. Check the situation of the Team. If Faith is still attacking, and no one can stop her, cut all of her members, starting by disarming her of the club and cutting her legs off. Backstep and toss the sword's handle away to avoid mindfuckery in case it seems the ghost-woman is trying to get to me. And never get out or stop moving in BT. If possible, after Faith is stopped or if I can't attack her, get out of the basement and warn everybody about the situation there.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 12, 2014, 01:24:42 pm »

Pan messages Renen directly, so Not-Faith can't intercept the message.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Renen
I'll try to hold her down if possible. She's too much of a threat and has been too much of a pain in the ass to still play nice. Try and sever all of her limbs if you can. Whatever you do, don't touch her yourself. Afterwards I'll just put her bodyparts in one of those boxes with my amp, hopefully containing the thing possessing her

Create a shockwave with enough force to blast away a synthflesh body, create this shockwave from between Auronand Faith, and towards Faith. After this, try and hold Faith down with my mass amp so that Renen can dismember her

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:06 pm »

See if i can find the keys we had before. If so and noone's like, shooting at the door, open the door. Otherwise charge dex bonus.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:08 pm »

((So guess I am outside diner?))
Quote from: @Miya
"Where do I report to now?"
report to where I need to report to and be useful
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 13, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »

Feyri, we will need your gauss rotary gun right now.

. . .
Right. Change of plans.
Feyri checked the rest, noticing how her danger senses were still prodding her side. She feared it had already happened, having heard the rest of Renen's conversation.
Hold onto my other rifle here, any one of you--I'm going down there.

Equip Rotary, head down with Renen. Provide fire support. Keep weapon at a ready-to-fire position.
Feyri remembered her second mission (technically M3) wherein her breaching methods were less than adequate.
Why do I forget these things at the worst of times.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:29 pm »

That would be the diner's bottom floor, pointing his gun at the basement's door.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #833 on: August 15, 2014, 02:32:04 pm »

"Screw it."

Fire entire battery of laser rifle at Faith. Don't stop firing.

"OI! LOOK AT THIS!"
Holy flying FUCK this is faith?

Punch off a goddamn limb of hers I don't care which, cripple the fucker.
Throw a goop grenade at Faith and hope pancaeks wall of force propels it into her then get the fuck outta her way by using my jump rockets to dodge sideways or something.

Oh and try to hit her mace with my riot shield if it looks like i cant dodge her, better to lose an arm then a braincase.

I sent her as mean of communication between us boss. When I noticed it would take a moment for her to come back, I came here pretty fast just to send the video feed. And it seemed Faith was moving under there now. Feyri, we will need your gauss rotary gun right now.

Arrive at the basement, at BT speed. Check the situation of the Team. If Faith is still attacking, and no one can stop her, cut all of her members, starting by disarming her of the club and cutting her legs off. Backstep and toss the sword's handle away to avoid mindfuckery in case it seems the ghost-woman is trying to get to me. And never get out or stop moving in BT. If possible, after Faith is stopped or if I can't attack her, get out of the basement and warn everybody about the situation there.

Pan messages Renen directly, so Not-Faith can't intercept the message.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Renen
I'll try to hold her down if possible. She's too much of a threat and has been too much of a pain in the ass to still play nice. Try and sever all of her limbs if you can. Whatever you do, don't touch her yourself. Afterwards I'll just put her bodyparts in one of those boxes with my amp, hopefully containing the thing possessing her

Create a shockwave with enough force to blast away a synthflesh body, create this shockwave from between Auronand Faith, and towards Faith. After this, try and hold Faith down with my mass amp so that Renen can dismember her
Feyri, we will need your gauss rotary gun right now.

. . .
Right. Change of plans.
Feyri checked the rest, noticing how her danger senses were still prodding her side. She feared it had already happened, having heard the rest of Renen's conversation.
Hold onto my other rifle here, any one of you--I'm going down there.

Equip Rotary, head down with Renen. Provide fire support. Keep weapon at a ready-to-fire position.
Feyri remembered her second mission (technically M3) wherein her breaching methods were less than adequate.
Why do I forget these things at the worst of times.

Cecil, only a foot or two away from faith, swings first, bringing his amp wielding fist around at her midsection. He's not sure what happened next, not exactly. In retrospect, he assumes she must have blocked or deflected the blow. He's not sure if his arm being severed happened when the punch hit the ground and detonated like a hand grenade under his feet, or if she just tore it off. In the end, it makes little difference to a man laying against the wall, arm missing, both legs broken, with bits of brick and mortar embedded in his lower body like the shrapnel of a cinder block grenade. Jack fires, using up his entire battery sweeping the laser back and forth where he thinks faith is, somewhere in the dust raised by Cecil's blow. He's sure he must of hit her, at least a few times; but she shows no sign of being effected by it, bleeding only slightly as she emerges from the dust and charges Toward Pancaek and Auron. Pancaek unleashes a shockwave in her direction, and she meets the advancing wall of force with a swing of her club.  The impact tears the weapon from her hand, but neutralizes enough of the force of the shockwave to let her slip through.

Auron's goop grenade goes wide and all he can do is throw up his shield as she brings her fist around towards him. The blow sends him flying down the tunnel, halfway back to the ladder into the sewer. Pancaek lashes out and gets hold of one of her arms with his mind, wrapping invisible fingers around her wrist and forearm. She doesn't stop, tearing away the flesh on her left arm, straight down to the metal bone in order to get free. She brings her heel down on pancaek's chest repeatedly, trying to crush his brain case. On the third stomp He reaches out with both arms and catches hold of her leg, wrapping himself around  it and twisting hard to the side. Faith stumbles and drops to one knee as Renen and Feyri drop down into the sewer. She punches down at pancaek with her good arm, severing it at the shoulder and visibly breaking the metal bone in her forearm.  She has just enough time to turn and try to smack Renen's blow away with her left arm. Renen severs her left limb with one blow, but her damaged right, bone exposed, jerks out and grabs for his blade. He drops the handle and back steps, the blade shattering as it hits the ground. Faith glowers at Renen, both of them waiting for the others next move. Feyri, in the mean time, hangs back and keeps her gun ready, but can't fire without the chance of mowing down teammates, not for the moment at least.

"Okay, I feel pretty much back to normal as far as amp usage goes. So. Let's see about opening that door eh?"

Head towards the locked door to the third floor. Carefully examine it, and the surrounding area. Is there any sort of cameras, or peepholes that I can see?
No cameras or peep holes. Just a door set into a wall, which is no doubt hiding a staircase.

((Ah, OK, in that case following her is indeed unnecessary. I just didn't know the signal had stopped.))

Land on the ground and aim at the basement door (or whatever is close to that if I can't see it). Prepare to fire a Green Shotgun blast with the Rainbow Cannon.

Let's see them try to dodge a wall of green corrosive energy.
Go to where the other people are and help
Much pointing guns at doors.

See if i can find the keys we had before. If so and noone's like, shooting at the door, open the door. Otherwise charge dex bonus.
You know where the keys are.

You all know where the keys are.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 15, 2014, 03:10:15 pm »

"Faith has the keys, doesn't she. Well shit. Alright, I'm gonna try something. Everyone stand off to the side of the door, just in case they're waiting."

Wait until everyone with me is no longer standing directly in front of the door shoving the out of the way if necessary, then use my amp to remove the pins from the door's hinges. If it is heavily reinforced, just rip the damn thing down.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:26:28 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 15, 2014, 03:36:00 pm »

Ahh fuck! My fucking arm! Cecil moans, quite loudly. He isn't quite sure how he feels, at least physically. He's pissed and a little scared, his whole arm is just... Gone.

Can I crawl the hell out of here? Or at least get behind something and stay hidden?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #836 on: August 15, 2014, 06:36:00 pm »

((I'm tempted to try a speech roll or to simply start punching my way through this diner, but let's not risk ruining this any more than it already is.))

While aiming at the basement hole, use my drone to look around the area Faith was last in, the place her signal cut off. Anything interesting around there? Any buildings?

"Faith has the keys, doesn't she. Well shit. Alright, I'm gonna try something. Everyone stand off to the side of the door, just in case they're waiting."

Wait until everyone with me is no longer standing directly in front of the door shoving the out of the way if necessary, then use my amp to remove the pins from the door's hinges.

((I think it's a heavily reinforced door, the kind of thing you'd find in a vault or bunker.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 15, 2014, 07:35:40 pm »

stumble back and watch the fight with my manipulator readied.

If it looks like faith is going for pancaek or her mace create a wall of heat between her and her target.

If she goes for me create a large hollow cylinder of heat around myself and cower inside it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 15, 2014, 08:01:30 pm »

Reload laser rifle.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:06 am »

Seeing as NotFaith is pretty close to me right now, Use my mass amp to make a blast of force to punt her away from me. Don't skimp on the power, either. Like, try and gauge how much I'd need to punt her across the room, then try and double that. Make sure I'm not holding on to her when I make the blast.

Once she's away from me, if I still have brainpower left, use mass amp to hold her down so my teammates can more easily deal with her.

If the blast doesnt work and Faith starts attacking me again, use a really really powerful shockwave to just blast her away again, because I sure as hell ain't dyin' in no basement.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72