Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 75057 times)

Unholy_Pariah

  • Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #945 on: September 02, 2014, 06:22:18 pm »

Wait for the first machine to finish then begin streaming the next.

Plug other teammates into other eggs if that would make this go faster.
Logged
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #946 on: September 02, 2014, 09:40:45 pm »

((Crisis averted????))
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Logged
"Next, you're gonna wanna fuse the soul of a god with the devourer of time and space and cook it into a nice curry, which you'll find the instructions to in our previous video."
2,500+ chapters about slapping faces

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #947 on: September 02, 2014, 11:38:22 pm »

((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
((Gotta sig that.))
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

  • Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #948 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:26 am »

@Miyamoto "Sir if APC is disabled should we attempt to move to the spaceport on foot or surrender?"
Wait for awesome to occur in rear-view mirror, hope that they are distracted
Logged
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #949 on: September 03, 2014, 12:36:19 pm »

Take Pufferfish character to the rest of the team. Look around, making sure that there is no sign of an incoming attack in the area the Basement team is. Ask for the progress on the data transference.

So, how much of the data has already been transferred? I don't like being here for more time than the necessary.

If possible, after the transference is complete, try to take one the eggs. Make sure that we are bringing the body that was on the throne.
Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #950 on: September 04, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

((Perhaps I should had left my mining laser at the APC to use as a turret. Then again, they'd probably somehow slice the APC in half, so it's probably a good thing I forgot about that.))

EDIT: Wait a bit. Before I do anything else, could I perhaps just grab the APC or all the people and stuff in it and fly them to the spaceport before they reach us? Or is it a bit too heavy for me? If I can do it, then do that and disregard the below.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and have that drone move away from the destroyed telescope's command centre and towards the basement team. Order it to land once there, so that the basement team can pick it up or use it if they want.

Quote
>Ok. The road that the apc took away from the diner is west, alright? The Air units are coming from the south, out of a air port in that direction. The ground units are coming from a military base to the north. I'm guessing police units might be coming as well, and they're from the east, the same way as last time. As per distracting them...about the only way to do that would be to cause enough damage or mayhem that they choose to focus on you.
I'm guessing the spaceport the APC is going is towards the west, right? If not, then tell it to just keep heading west.

@APC: "OK team, we've got Air units coming in from the South and Military units coming in from the North. There may also be Police units coming in from the East or from somewhere else. I will try to get their attention long enough for you to escape, but be ready to defend yourself regardless, just in case some of them decide to focus on you. I will focus on the air units, since they seem to be the most immediate threat.
Oh, and you might want to look in your rear view mirror if you want to see something impressive. There's going to be fire in the sky."


Damage or mayhem... I don't want to hurt people. They are just doing their job, trying to protect this city and its people. They've done nothing wrong. But that doesn't mean I can't cause some mayhem... For the greater good, of course.
"Okay, you say you want a big distraction? Watch this."

Point the Rainbow Cannon straight up at the sky, fire some Violet Overcharge and some Blue Lightning shots to grab people's attention. Then fire a Red Plasma beam. That ought to be at least moderately distracting.

If I have time this turn, once Gilgamesh finishes rebooting, fly towards the South. Ask Steve if he knows what kind of Air units I'll be facing and scan the air for them using camEeyes. Remember to use their zoom function and if possible have one screen displaying thermal mode and another displaying motion detection.


Spoiler: Red Mode notes (click to show/hide)
You could certainly fly them part of the way, but the apc is big and heavy, so you'd use your fuel up pretty fast.

You fly the drone over to the basement team and leave it with them.

You start firing rapidly into the air, switching from violet to lighting, but as you fire the first lighting shot you notice something: The amount of energy that is drained by each shot seems to increase if done in rapid succession; and the effect increases. You fire two lighting shots, and as you pull the trigger for the third one the gun unfolds even more, fins and protrusions stickiness out and electricity arcing between them. The third shot sets the sky alive with electrical discharge; a thunderstorm of purplish lightning arcs through the rapidly darkening clouds. Bolts start to fall randomly near by and the entire block crackles with static electricity. The gun is glowing red with heat and Gilgamesh is flickering in and out of activation, it's generator struggling to maintain power.

Dead? That sounds bad. I like being comfortable.

Continue enjoying shock.
It's starting to get strangely cold, despite the warm sun on your skin. You look back toward the city and see an odd cloud formation growing in the distance. Huh. Rain must be coming.

"Steve, am I in a stable orbit, or hurtling away into the depths of space? Stable orbit is nice, depths of space, not so much. Also, how are the ground teams doing?"


Try and locate my lower half, and charge a dynamic bonus to retrieve them.

((Crisis averted????))

>We'll make sure and swing around to pick you up. Probably.


You can't even see your lower half. You must have hurled yourself away pretty fucking fast and hard.

Wait for the first machine to finish then begin streaming the next.

Plug other teammates into other eggs if that would make this go faster.

You get two done and tell other teammates to plug themselves in to get things moving faster.

@Miyamoto "Sir if APC is disabled should we attempt to move to the spaceport on foot or surrender?"
Wait for awesome to occur in rear-view mirror, hope that they are distracted
As the APC rolls away from the combat zone, a few bursts of violet light illuminate the sky. And then lighting crawls amongst the clouds, leaping up from somewhere in the distance behind the APC.  But the final lighting bolt you see rise from the ground is different; massive and oddly colored. It hits the clouds and bursts, spreading along them like water splashing out across the ground. The clouds begin to darken and crackling purplish lightning races along the sky. The clouds seem to boil and churn, their darkness spreading, chasing behind the APC and snuffing out the sunlight wherever they reached. Fat purple lightning begins to fall from the clouds, even as it crackles across and through them in spreading, fractal shapes.

Take Pufferfish character to the rest of the team. Look around, making sure that there is no sign of an incoming attack in the area the Basement team is. Ask for the progress on the data transference.

So, how much of the data has already been transferred? I don't like being here for more time than the necessary.

If possible, after the transference is complete, try to take one the eggs. Make sure that we are bringing the body that was on the throne.

Heh, well nothing going on over here. Yet. Data is about 25% or so. And no, you can't take an egg, but Auron has the corpse.

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #951 on: September 04, 2014, 02:48:29 pm »

"I suppose that's all I can ask for."

Examine the planet below. Anything interesting?
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #952 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:52 pm »

Is it just me or is that storm over there bringing in some cold weather new friend? We should go there.

Admire the lightning strikes. Loll about a little and bleed a little less.

Unholy_Pariah

  • Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #953 on: September 04, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »

continue streaming each egg in turn. Ask politely for people to lend their suits.

Forcibly connect them if they continue ignoring me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:09:23 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Logged
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #954 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »

@Everyone: "So... funny thing happened. Some kind of weird alien lightning storm inexplicably appeared over me and is slowly spreading ominously. In completely unrelated news, I accidentally discovered that the Rainbow Cannon can act as a sort of weather control device."
Flint emitted a short, nervous laugh as he furiously typed on Gilgamesh's keyboards.
"Funny, right?"

Check whether or not the Gun is still drawing power.
If it is drawing power, then see if it is possible to somehow isolate the arm or physically disconnect it (some kind of maintenance mode maybe?) or temporarily disconnect the generator. If I can't use Gilgamesh's computers, then see if I can access his systems via my MK2.
If that doesn't work, then see if I can somehow make the gun stop whatever it is doing. Try moving it a bit or twisting the black part or maybe pulling one of those new things sticking out of it. Or maybe just change its mode to No Colour.
If that doesn't work, then detonate the claymore defense system on the upper part of the arm holding the gun so as to remove the armour and then try to sever it. Use the mining laser if I can't do it by pulling alone.
If all else fails, try removing the arm with the help of my monorazor. Get out of Gilgamesh if I have to.

If the gun is no longer drawing power:
See if I can somehow make the gun stop whatever it is doing. Try moving it a bit or twisting the black part or maybe pulling one of those new things sticking out of it. Or maybe just changing its mode to No Colour.
Start moving towards the west, towards the APC.
Unless I've managed to stop this storm, keep the gun over my head in Blue Lightning mode. Hopefully, it will absorb any lightning strikes directed at me.

If I've managed to stop the storm, then once Gilgamesh has recharged enough to fly, fly towards the APC.

If I haven't managed to stop the storm, then once Gilgamesh has recharged enough to fly, fly towards the cloud. Try sticking the black part of the gun in the cloud, hoping that it will absorb whatever energy it unleashed. Hope that Gilgamesh's electrical shielding will protect me if the gun doesn't.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:19:29 pm by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2014, 11:36:07 am »

Assist in streaming the data if I can. Above all else, do not get seperated from the rest of the team.
Logged

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #956 on: September 06, 2014, 11:45:31 am »

 Help Auron transmit the data, let him use the suit of the near-dead guy too. As soon as the streaming is done, escape with the team.
Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Hapah

  • Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #957 on: September 06, 2014, 12:10:09 pm »

...Guuuuuys? Drive faster!

If it looks like the murder-storm is going to get close enough to hit us, close the hatch on the turret if it has one.
Logged
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #958 on: September 06, 2014, 12:53:06 pm »

"I suppose that's all I can ask for."

Examine the planet below. Anything interesting?
You're on the wrong side to see anything interesting going on, unless you feel like having a "World without borders or war" epiphany like The Boss from metal gear.

Is it just me or is that storm over there bringing in some cold weather new friend? We should go there.

Admire the lightning strikes. Loll about a little and bleed a little less.
You put more pressure on your injury and watch the lighting. It seems a bit too aggressive to be normal.

continue streaming each egg in turn. Ask politely for people to lend their suits.

Forcibly connect them if they continue ignoring me.

You finish with one egg and then proceed the semi-concious members of the team and forcibly plug them in. This makes streaming the rest of the data much easier and you're done within minutes.
Assist in streaming the data if I can. Above all else, do not get seperated from the rest of the team.
Help Auron transmit the data, let him use the suit of the near-dead guy too. As soon as the streaming is done, escape with the team.
Auron has forced his plug into you and is now streaming all over you.

Doh Ho ho ho.
@Everyone: "So... funny thing happened. Some kind of weird alien lightning storm inexplicably appeared over me and is slowly spreading ominously. In completely unrelated news, I accidentally discovered that the Rainbow Cannon can act as a sort of weather control device."
Flint emitted a short, nervous laugh as he furiously typed on Gilgamesh's keyboards.
"Funny, right?"

Check whether or not the Gun is still drawing power.
If it is drawing power, then see if it is possible to somehow isolate the arm or physically disconnect it (some kind of maintenance mode maybe?) or temporarily disconnect the generator. If I can't use Gilgamesh's computers, then see if I can access his systems via my MK2.
If that doesn't work, then see if I can somehow make the gun stop whatever it is doing. Try moving it a bit or twisting the black part or maybe pulling one of those new things sticking out of it. Or maybe just change its mode to No Colour.
If that doesn't work, then detonate the claymore defense system on the upper part of the arm holding the gun so as to remove the armour and then try to sever it. Use the mining laser if I can't do it by pulling alone.
If all else fails, try removing the arm with the help of my monorazor. Get out of Gilgamesh if I have to.

If the gun is no longer drawing power:
See if I can somehow make the gun stop whatever it is doing. Try moving it a bit or twisting the black part or maybe pulling one of those new things sticking out of it. Or maybe just changing its mode to No Colour.
Start moving towards the west, towards the APC.
Unless I've managed to stop this storm, keep the gun over my head in Blue Lightning mode. Hopefully, it will absorb any lightning strikes directed at me.

If I've managed to stop the storm, then once Gilgamesh has recharged enough to fly, fly towards the APC.

If I haven't managed to stop the storm, then once Gilgamesh has recharged enough to fly, fly towards the cloud. Try sticking the black part of the gun in the cloud, hoping that it will absorb whatever energy it unleashed. Hope that Gilgamesh's electrical shielding will protect me if the gun doesn't.

Judging by the fact that your suit seems to be lulling in and out of functionality you're gonna guess that yeah, it's still drawing power.
There doesn't seem to be a way via the computer systems, but maybe if you got out of the suit you could force some sort of manual shutdown of the generator. There was, after all, a maintenance panel on the back of the suit; though you'd have to pop it open from inside.

The suit isn't responding to your movements; it seems it is using all it's power just to keep the cockpit instruments on, and unsteadily so at that. The view shots you get of the outside, through the flickering cameras, show that the gun is still pointed straight up into the sky and electricity is arcing across it. Lighting bolts continue to fall on the neighborhood and the surrounding area, raising bursts of flame and smoke where they land.  Oh great.

The APC, however, seems to be making it away unscathed. You guess that, as far as distractions go, this is a really good one. 

...Guuuuuys? Drive faster!

If it looks like the murder-storm is going to get close enough to hit us, close the hatch on the turret if it has one.
The murderstorm, as you put it, is definitely gaining on you, though it hasn't reached you yet. Lightning is falling like rain behind you and over to your right you can see at least 3 helicopters cruising low over the city and coming in this direction. Hard to tell if they're coming for you or for the lightning storm. Either way, not great. You decide to stay outside for the moment, at least to keep an eye on things.

"Keep driving!" You Yell down into the driver's cabin. "Don't stop for red lights, don't yield, blow through crosswalks outside of kindergartens, I don't give a fuck. Just keep driving!"

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #959 on: September 06, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

EDIT: Before doing the below, see if I could get out and switch the gun to another mode (preferably No Colour Mode). Tie a sample container (or better yet several of them) at the end of one of those metal poles I have in Gilgamesh's backpack and use that to touch the Colour Selector Dial if it looks like the gun is dangerous to touch.

Else, pop that maintenance hatch open (by using the physical internal switch I found in tinker), get out and do whatever I have to do to shut this thing down.
If I can't get out, use that emergency release (NOT the escape pod function).
If I can't open the hatch, see if I could slice the cover or the 4 locking pins holding it with the monorazor.


((Note to self: get an on/off switch installed for that gun.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:20:15 am by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72