Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1090096 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4035 on: March 30, 2016, 09:20:15 pm »

Out of curiosity, what still stands between the latest alpha release and being a "stable release" right now?  Is there anything that you want testing on, or anything to watch for?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »

When the most recent two releases were published there was less testing than normal. I was away so there wasn't much testing on Windows, for example. It certainly seems stable. I'm working on another release in a few weeks that will probably be a "real" release. Hopefully I'll beat Toady to it or it'll be a bit later.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: March 30, 2016, 09:52:29 pm »

I'm working on another release in a few weeks that will probably be a "real" release. Hopefully I'll beat Toady to it or it'll be a bit later.

This is great news - I'll finally get to update the stable starter pack  :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:30 pm »

Is there anything I could help test, or at the least, look for as something not yet thoroughly tested?  (I am on Windows 7, myself.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: March 30, 2016, 10:18:40 pm »

There are a couple newly-identified problems that would end up preventing a 'stable' release until they're resolved (e.g. the tweak issue I mentioned above). I probably would have done an alpha3 release if I hadn't run into them, though, but that'll be pushed back a bit too.

Really, just using DFHack tools and finding ways that they reliably crash is most helpful. In theory, as long as the basic stuff is working on all platforms, most playtesting should be equivalent regardless of the platform, and it's pretty obvious when basic stuff is broken (except possibly in the case of newer structures that haven't been checked across platforms).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: March 30, 2016, 10:47:16 pm »

Well, the only semi-reliable crashes I get are on trying to quit the game from the main menu (from a save or aborting the arena).  No idea if it's DFHack related or not... I just think of it as the game punishing me for daring to do something else with my time.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: March 31, 2016, 04:36:31 am »

I get a pretty constant crash when placing furniture(doors, beds, armor stands). I can never reproduce it intentionally, but I save now before building every time because it happens enough.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:39:18 am by devek »
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: March 31, 2016, 05:50:27 am »

Some people have attributed that one to TwbT, so you could see if disabling that helps.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:12 am »

The only thing I've noticed isn't actually a crash and it's not REALLY hanging, but if you have tiletypes (or possibly liquids or other similar plugins) open and try to quit the game won't actually shut down until you q out of the active plugin. Could honestly be deliberate though, since it can save tiletypes settings between saves and such this way, but I don't use twbt either due to the adventurer mode issues with it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: March 31, 2016, 01:43:08 pm »

Yeah, that's a pretty old issue with plugins that use the line editing system. (I started to rewrite parts of that at one point, but I don't think I managed to figure out what was causing that or if it's platform-specific).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: March 31, 2016, 01:47:17 pm »

Yeah, like I said it's not actually a bad bug, and I do have times where I leave tiletypes open between saving/reloading a world so that's actually kinda handy having it keep the settings, just confusing sometimes when you're trying to hit quit and it won't shut down, but you can change the selector and such so it's obviously not frozen.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: April 02, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »

When playing long session with my fortress (i let it run in the background while i'm browsing) , i noticed half of the time when i want to quit DF, at the end of the save process, things just crash.
(playing with dfhack 42.06 alpha-2, i do not have made any custom dfhack init, so it's using the default)
oddly the saved game is never corrupted as i could load and play without problem on my next DF session.

I have no idea if the crash is linked to dfhack, as i've been playing long fortress on df42.06 only since a few weeks (as my early 42.06 games were more about testing or short lived stuff), and immediately grabbed dfhack (my precious autodump destroy/clean map, i need my precious)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:56:04 am by Robsoie »

tapk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 03, 2016, 07:06:20 pm »

I get a pretty constant crash when placing furniture(doors, beds, armor stands). I can never reproduce it intentionally, but I save now before building every time because it happens enough.
Same annoying bug. Really bothers because of randomness: you can build a lot of stuff and suddenly - crash, start over.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: April 03, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »

Are you sure that that's related to DFHack and is not related to TwbT?

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: April 03, 2016, 09:51:20 pm »

Is TwbT turned on by default for the alpha?
Really feels like its some of the extra things that DFHack adds to menus.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 360