Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087216 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #540 on: August 25, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »

Is there dfhack for 0.40.10 windows?.???
Sorry for Grammar.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:04 pm »

There isn't an official release of DFHack for 0.40.09 or 0.40.10 yet.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 25, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »

There isn't an official release of DFHack for 0.40.09 or 0.40.10 yet.
any unofficial for 0.40.10?
Sorry for Grammar.

Simca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »

I'm not experiencing those problems on 0.40.09 or 0.40.10. What commits (dfhack and df-structures) are you building from?
dfhack: https://github.com/quietust/dfhack/tree/eb221e1165ab4bdaebd6da3fccc47d90fdd8aa1d
I used git submodule init/git submodule update to get the df-structures stuff.

Could be a bug with how I built it - I was using Visual Studio 2013, and I had to add includes for <algorithm> and <functional> to different spots and remove a few "using namespace std"s (because dfhack uses a bunch of variables named "count" which conflicted with <algorithm>'s std::count).
Also, it's still much better than remaining on 40.08.

Oh? Why?
Because of this change "Made people not so eager to jump in on the side of their relatives and friends if the relative/friend is berserk/etc."
Lost two rather progressed fortresses to tantrum spirals because of that in 40.08. Maybe it's my fortress design: all my dwarves tend to stick together in large public areas, so they see a friend going berserk and suddenly the entire fortress is fighting, death is everywhere, and everyone is mad as hell because all their friends died.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:19:04 pm by Simca »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2014, 05:28:39 pm »

Could be a bug with how I built it - I was using Visual Studio 2013, and I had to add includes for
Lost two rather progressed fortresses to tantrum spirals because of that in 40.08. Maybe it's my fortress design: all my dwarves tend to stick together in large public areas, so they see a friend going berserk and suddenly the entire fortress is fighting, death is everywhere, and everyone is mad as hell because all their friends died.
I hate tantrum spirals... One dwarf couldn't find a shell for a strange mood, so he freaks out and starts punching a nearby dwarf. Then their friends hopped in. Then the guys hauling equipment by hopped in. Then I sent my military to "handle it" by stationing ten marksdwarves nearby. Then a forgotten beast showed up. Then a thief gets in and steals an artifact adamantine short sword. Then the beast burns down the bedrooms. Then my military goes by the fight from the tantrum. They get involved. I start hitting my head off the table. And every last one of my dwarves get assigned to squads, given spears, and rushed at the beast. But they stop to join the tantrum. A little over one hundred armed dwarves fighting in one large room, a third of them dead already, so I just gave up and let everyone kill each other. Turns out I had a werebeast in the mix. That was a twelve game year old fortress.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 25, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »

I'm not experiencing those problems on 0.40.09 or 0.40.10. What commits (dfhack and df-structures) are you building from?
dfhack: https://github.com/quietust/dfhack/tree/eb221e1165ab4bdaebd6da3fccc47d90fdd8aa1d
I used git submodule init/git submodule update to get the df-structures stuff.

Could be a bug with how I built it - I was using Visual Studio 2013, and I had to add includes for <algorithm> and <functional> to different spots and remove a few "using namespace std"s (because dfhack uses a bunch of variables named "count" which conflicted with <algorithm>'s std::count).
Yeah, you'll need Visual Studio 2010 on Windows - that's what DF uses, and using a different compiler version on Windows tends to cause difficult-to-diagnose crashes.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 25, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »

Um, no, they're pretty easy to diagnose.
DFHack simply 100% guaranteed doesn't work with anything but vs2010.
Thankfully, if you have both installed, you can use the newer ide with the older compiler.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:58 pm »

Is there a way to trigger a script to only run once on initial world load instead of on every load?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

You could store a persistent thing in the save and only trigger if it doesn't exist yet.

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 25, 2014, 11:37:27 pm »

Is there a way to trigger a script to only run once on initial world load instead of on every load?

In lua

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

'value' could be any true value, it's not actually even saving the boolean 'true', but rather an empty string.  Which is a true value.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 26, 2014, 03:23:36 am »

I can't seem to get DFHack to make me dragon bones. I'm trying to test out a reaction, but I don't have the needed dragon bones. I followed the steps from the wiki, create-items BONE CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE 10, but it'd just come up with another of the incredibly unhelpful how-to's of DFHack. Can I make dragon bones, or are they one of the items you can't make?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 26, 2014, 03:50:47 am »

I can't seem to get DFHack to make me dragon bones. I'm trying to test out a reaction, but I don't have the needed dragon bones. I followed the steps from the wiki, create-items BONE CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE 10, but it'd just come up with another of the incredibly unhelpful how-to's of DFHack. Can I make dragon bones, or are they one of the items you can't make?

I might be wrong (so feel free to correct me), but as I understand it, you can't create body parts with createitem. Meaning, you could create finished (crafted) items made out of dragon bone, but not the 'raw' bones themselves.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 26, 2014, 03:52:18 am »

Dammit... Guess I'll have to get the bones the old fashion way... Can I turn a creature into a different one? Maybe I could make a flying bird turn into a dragon and fall to it's death.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 26, 2014, 05:48:14 am »

Can I turn a creature into a different one?

Creatures/units in Dwarf Fortress consist of pretty complex data structures, for example their individual bodyplan based on race/caste definitions and whatnot else. Converting into another race will be quite complicated, if not outright impossible.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:14 am »

Can I turn a creature into a different one?

Creatures/units in Dwarf Fortress consist of pretty complex data structures, for example their individual bodyplan based on race/caste definitions and whatnot else. Converting into another race will be quite complicated, if not outright impossible.
There is a way to do it with syndrome that has a CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION tag in it.

Tip: nerf the dragon creature raws (e.g., comment out the firebreath attack) before you start poofing keas into dragons.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 360