Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087188 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #720 on: September 04, 2014, 11:59:45 am »

I've done some experimentation and discovered the following (in 40.10):
If a plant is not found on an embark, that is, if the biome doesn't support it, even if you have seeds, you can't plant it.

In particular, if you have Hemp seeds, they don't appear in the list of plants you can sow on a surface field, unless Hemp could grow there "naturally".

I'd like to know if DFHack can adjust/expand the list of available plants that can be sown, currently, or if this would be new functionality?  In short, I'd like to be able to plant with the seeds I have.

Specifics:
These crops seem to always be available to be sown, on the surface/above ground, even if you don't have seeds:
Alfalfa
Barley
Blade Weed
Caper bushes
Fisher berries
Hide root
Lentil plants
Longland grass
Potato plants
Prickle berries
Rat weed
Red spinach
Rope reeds
Rye
Sliver barbs
Strawberry plants
Sun Berries
Whip vines

while others (like cotton, hemp, and others) are biome dependent (or have some other key to unlock their availability)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »

I believe I now have reasonably working builds of DFHack both with and without Stonesense for 0.40.11.

With Stonesense
Plain DFHack

I think I've chased down and squashed all the bugs that were plaguing the OS X build of Stonesense previously. However, I would appreciate some feedback on it, whether it works or not.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2014, 01:48:42 pm »

If a plant is not found on an embark, that is, if the biome doesn't support it, even if you have seeds, you can't plant it.

In particular, if you have Hemp seeds, they don't appear in the list of plants you can sow on a surface field, unless Hemp could grow there "naturally".

I'd like to know if DFHack can adjust/expand the list of available plants that can be sown, currently, or if this would be new functionality?  In short, I'd like to be able to plant with the seeds I have.

Specifics:
These crops seem to always be available to be sown, on the surface/above ground, even if you don't have seeds:
Alfalfa
Barley
Blade Weed
Caper bushes
Fisher berries
Hide root
Lentil plants
Longland grass
Potato plants
Prickle berries
Rat weed
Red spinach
Rope reeds
Rye
Sliver barbs
Strawberry plants
Sun Berries
Whip vines

while others (like cotton, hemp, and others) are biome dependent (or have some other key to unlock their availability)

Thats how it has always been, there is the [BIOME] token in the plant_standard.txt raws. Changing those will allow you to plant in different biomes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »

Specifics:
Alfalfa
Barley
Blade Weed
Caper bushes
Fisher berries
Hide root
Lentil plants
Longland grass
Potato plants
Prickle berries
Rat weed
Red spinach
Rope reeds
Rye
Sliver barbs
Strawberry plants
Sun Berries
Whip vines

Thats how it has always been, there is the [BIOME] token in the plant_standard.txt raws. Changing those will allow you to plant in different biomes.

I think vjek was asking if there is a way for DFHack to insert BIOME tags into the plants during a game.  Though that might be possible, it would be much simpler to save the game, edit the raws, and resume.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 04, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »

I believe I now have reasonably working builds of DFHack both with and without Stonesense for 0.40.11.
I think I've chased down and squashed all the bugs that were plaguing the OS X build of Stonesense previously. However, I would appreciate some feedback on it, whether it works or not.
Can't load plugin. :(

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 04, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »

Can you look in stderr.log and tell me what it says about failing to load the plugin?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 04, 2014, 03:33:42 pm »

Anything in stderr.log? Do you have libfreetype accessible?
(Edit: Ninja'd)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 04, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »

Errorlog:
dlopen(/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/hack/libs/libfreetype.6.dylib
Can't load plugin /Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so

libfreetye is at the correct location, tried replacing with another one, no change.

Code: [Select]
otool -L stonesense.plug.so:
libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro_primitives.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro_font.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro_color.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro_image.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
@executable_path/hack/libs/liballegro_ttf.5.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.9)
libprotobuf-lite.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.5)
/opt/local/lib/libgcc/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.20.0)
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 2577.0.0)
/opt/local/lib/libgcc/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1197.1.1)

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:29 pm »

Does anybody know where the dwarf assigned a a trainer to an animal is stored (and/or when it's "Any")

It doesn't appear to be anywhere on the unit itself. 

unit.relations.following isn't it. (that's just which ever dwarf last drug them to the pasture)
unit.specific_refs is empty
unit.general_refs just has a reference for the pasture (and oddly, nemesis, which is not a dwarf)

Nor is it in df.global.ui (which is where kitchen and stone lists are)

I even checked the job list, but there is no job created except during the actual training.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:48:41 pm by Euius »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 04, 2014, 11:51:17 pm »

Nemesis is probably the animal itself; not sure exactly why it's called that, but it is called that by DF itself.

I would also look in the dwarf.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #730 on: September 05, 2014, 08:08:38 am »

Nemesis is probably the animal itself; not sure exactly why it's called that, but it is called that by DF itself.
In Dwarf Fortress, a "nemesis" record is what binds a Unit and a Historical Figure together and keeps track of where the unit can be found (namely, which unit-*.dat file contains it). If a unit-*.dat file gets corrupted or deleted, then when the game tries to load a particular unit from it (and fails) it terminates with a "Nemesis Unit Load Failed" error message.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 05, 2014, 10:06:09 am »

In Dwarf Fortress, a "nemesis" record is what binds a Unit and a Historical Figure together and keeps track of where the unit can be found (namely, which unit-*.dat file contains it). If a unit-*.dat file gets corrupted or deleted, then when the game tries to load a particular unit from it (and fails) it terminates with a "Nemesis Unit Load Failed" error message.

Ah, thanks for that.  When I pared down a spawn-unit script to make just animals, I just removed the entire nemesis portion because I didn't think an unintelligent creature could consciously decide that someone is an enemy (Jaws and Moby Dick notwithstanding).  Some animals commit enough mischief to get named, though I'm not sure if that makes them historical figures or not.

Spoiler: tesb-spawn.lua (click to show/hide)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #732 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:25 am »

When I pared down a spawn-unit script to make just animals, I just removed the entire nemesis portion because I didn't think an unintelligent creature could consciously decide that someone is an enemy (Jaws and Moby Dick notwithstanding).
If you're going to remove the Nemesis portion, then you must also remove the Historical Figure information with it, since the game will likely get very confused if it finds a historical figure with no nemesis record, potentially by crashing outright. Once your animal kills a historical figure, the game will automatically make it into one (and create a Nemesis record for it as well).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:30 am »

When I pared down a spawn-unit script to make just animals, I just removed the entire nemesis portion because I didn't think an unintelligent creature could consciously decide that someone is an enemy (Jaws and Moby Dick notwithstanding).
If you're going to remove the Nemesis portion, then you must also remove the Historical Figure information with it, since the game will likely get very confused if it finds a historical figure with no nemesis record, potentially by crashing outright. Once your animal kills a historical figure, the game will automatically make it into one (and create a Nemesis record for it as well).
Thanks for the help, crashing makes for a poor player experience.  I'm fine with these guys being simple non-historical animals, so I'll wade through the script and see if I can prune out all of the historical figure parts.

Eventually, I'll try to generalize this into a generic animal spawner and release it as a stand-alone script.  But first I'm trying to get the rest of the mod released, and then I'll need to figure out how to extract castes and population ratios without hard-coding them into the script.
Just got back, updating:

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 05, 2014, 11:30:51 am »

Couple questions...

1. Is it possible to pause world generation and run a script in the middle of it? Namely in between when civilizations are placed and history starts running.
2. Has anyone played with adding noble positions using DFHack? It seems like all the pertinent information is there, but I am unsure how it would effect gameplay and if the position would be used by the computer or would even be usable by the players.
3. Similarly, Ethics, is there any effect on gameplay, changing them in game?
4. I know there is a quick way to find material id and index using df.mat_find (or whatever the function is, not at my DF computer right now), is there a similar way to find a creatures id and caste id? How about for things like leathers? (I am looking to be able to add and remove all the different types of items and materials from an entity using DFHack, and to do that I need to be able to find the correct indices for the things to add/remove).
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 360