Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087265 times)

Aloriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #750 on: September 07, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

Nothing is blocking the way at the moment. Everyone else is behaving normally. Actually, the stairs issue was so early in my fort, that was practically all there was to it. When I approached the stair issue from above, it worked fine.

The starving dwarf was standing literally next to food barrels before she went off hunting for small creatures.

As far as DFHack, I downloaded it today and installed it. The only features I ever use from it are digv and workflow (two items that I simply cannot play without!). So, unless something is enabled by default, it shouldn't be DFHack... except that DFHack is the only mod I am using (unless you count Therapist).

Anyway, the dwarves with the issues have all died, and now I have only normal functioning dwarves. Well, except if I try to dig upwards again...

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 07, 2014, 06:41:44 pm »

You're telling them to dig a stairs upwards above the current one right? Not just mine that area above the stairs right?

Aloriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 07, 2014, 07:46:03 pm »

Yep. I had them dig out X marks (up/down stairs), and above that I had designated X marks.

Its usually not an issue, of course. I usually only dig down. However, in this particular case, I had hematite above my entry point (about 10 Z levels up). I wanted to dig up to it.

I'm in a particularly mountainous area, and have a lovely valley with high cliff walls. It seems that I have found a sedimentary layer up high, but down lower I have igneous intrusive and metamorphic layers. Honestly, this place is a treasure trove.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:49:30 pm by Aloriel »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 07, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »

Can you upload the save? Dropbox/mediafire/dffd.

tikiking1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 07, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »

I'm using a custom-built unstripped custom build of libgraphics.so with dwarf_fortress_unfuck, but dfhack continues to not work in the same way it didn't with a stripped build. Is there any way to run dfhack with a custom libgraphics.so build?

Aloriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 07, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »

I will upload it to Dropbox later. Currently, the fort is pretty busy. ;) I also want to 100% verify that the dig up issue still exists.

UPDATE:
I can't duplicate it now. Whatever was blocking before doesn't seem to be happening now.
If you would still like my save file, I can provide it anyway. Let me know :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:47:24 pm by Aloriel »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2014, 11:07:36 am »

Couple questions...

1. Is it possible to pause world generation and run a script in the middle of it? Namely in between when civilizations are placed and history starts running.
2. Has anyone played with adding noble positions using DFHack? It seems like all the pertinent information is there, but I am unsure how it would effect gameplay and if the position would be used by the computer or would even be usable by the players.
3. Similarly, Ethics, is there any effect on gameplay, changing them in game?
4. I know there is a quick way to find material id and index using df.mat_find (or whatever the function is, not at my DF computer right now), is there a similar way to find a creatures id and caste id? How about for things like leathers? (I am looking to be able to add and remove all the different types of items and materials from an entity using DFHack, and to do that I need to be able to find the correct indices for the things to add/remove).

for question 2:  The Dwarven Higher learning mod does this, although I don't think the librarian position has any actual duties.  The mod was created for 34.x but if you manually apply the raw file changes it appears to work in 40.x (I only use the medical ward part of the mod - I don't like the thought of subjecting patients to a surgeon with rusty skills).

Thanks, I will look into that mod. Anyone have any ideas about the other questions? (Primarily 1 and 4?) Also, I will throw in another couple questions;

5. addReactionToShop(reaction_name,shop_name), I am assuming reaction name is [REACTION:THIS_IS_THE_REACTION_NAME] and shop name is [BUILDING:THIS_IS_THE_SHOP_NAME]. Will this persist through save-quit-load cycles or does it have to be run each load? Does the entity need to have the reactions set as permitted in their raws as well?
6. removeNative(shop_name), what does this do? Does it remove the access to the building from the build list? Does it work on vanilla un-moddable buildings?
7. Does the current spawn-unit allow for specifying friendly versus invader versus wild creatures? (Also can you spawn a unit and have it set as a pet of a unit, like how cats take owners?)
8. Is it possible to change a wild roaming creature to be a friendly tamed creature using just DFHack?
9. This may be more for just a general modding questions, but since I already have this list I might as well put it here. Do fliers still stay at the edge of the map when they invade? (Wondering if it would be possible to create a caste of a race that stays at the edge and attempts to summon more guys unless you go kill them)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

5. does not persist. Need to run each load (also just had an idea to extend this to run some code and check some prerequisites). No need for permissions (iirc)
6. removes native reactions. To be used for disabling hardcoded workshops or replacing (with 5.) their reactions
7. no. it needs a bit more tweaking after creation. I'm a bit rusty on this front... and still haven't finished "THE IMPLEMENTATION THAT WILL BE USED FOR EVERYTHING" of this (i.e. more stable, more features, other plugins could use it, etc...)
8. yes (i think) there is tame level, also there is civ id and a few flags (hopefully somebody has more info)

2. it's possible (have been doing that) but never with any intention of real use.
3. i'm pretty sure they don't have any effect on game

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »

1 might be possible, but you'd have to be careful to catch worldgen fast enough and use a CoreSuspend object in C++.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.11-r1
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »

New release!

To developers: please keep the NEWS file updated with new versions. Documentation is important too.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2014, 05:02:30 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 08, 2014, 06:46:56 pm »

So in every 40.xx version including 40.11, utils.lua crashes out in the function parse_bitfield_int because the value of v in the ipairs loop can be nil, yet it attempts to set res[v]

I know I've reported this before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one seeing this.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 08, 2014, 07:01:10 pm »

For some reason I can't fathom falconne's hotkeys plugin has been wiped out from the latest repos, so I went ahead and built it for GNU/Linux: http://a.pomf.se/aaryqr.so

Remember to add the following to your dfhack.init file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:53 pm »

For some reason I can't fathom falconne's hotkeys plugin has been wiped out from the latest repos
As far as I can tell, it has never been in DFHack/dfhack (at least, not in 0.34.11-r1, 0.34.11-r3, 0.34.11-r5, 0.40.08-r1, or 0.40.11-r1).
Edit: Falconne's plugins are in this thread, although they were last updated for 0.34.11-r5 - only some of them are included in the official DFHack repo (and I'm not sure if the ones in Falconne's thread contain unmerged changes).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:13:04 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2014, 08:31:59 pm »

For some reason I can't fathom falconne's hotkeys plugin has been wiped out from the latest repos
As far as I can tell, it has never been in DFHack/dfhack (at least, not in 0.34.11-r1, 0.34.11-r3, 0.34.11-r5, 0.40.08-r1, or 0.40.11-r1).
Edit: Falconne's plugins are in this thread, although they were last updated for 0.34.11-r5 - only some of them are included in the official DFHack repo (and I'm not sure if the ones in Falconne's thread contain unmerged changes).
can't remember where, but Falconne posted within the last week or so saying life's been hectic and/or (s)he's been waiting on the DF updates to slow down before tackling upgrading the plugins to .40.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 360