Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087290 times)

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3810 on: February 25, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »

startdwarf the lua script that enables embarking with more than 7 dwarves does not work (fails silently), in DF Tool 2.3 that works, so AbdulovHell has found the fix for his utility. As he is also a C++ programmer I have asked him if  the transfer of this know-how towards DFHACK could be possible, he is however not fluent in english. Help him please!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:31:32 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: February 25, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »

startdwarf the lua script that enables embarking with more than 7 dwarves does not work (fails silently), in DF Tool 2.3 that works, so AbdulovHell has found the fix for his utility. As he is also a C++ programmer I have asked him if  the transfer of this know-how towards DFHACK could be possible, he is however not fluent in english. Help him please!
I'm still amazed he did that by himself before DFHack was updated.
Sadly I don't speak Russian(which I believe he said he speaks).

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3812 on: February 26, 2016, 05:44:08 am »

All my gratitude for the hard work that the DFHACK team do.
This work profit all our community.
Please keep it the good work.
Special thanks to the historic head maintainers: angavrilov, expwnent and lethosor and all the other people that contribute to such a nice project as DFHACK is.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:11:12 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: February 27, 2016, 11:05:09 am »

Perhaps troubleshooting could be taken to the IRC channel?  A forum thread is not the best format...

I think the forum is a much better place than IRC, because if the problem is endemic then the IRC channel gets to answer the same question 20 times (spoiler: after the second or third person, they won't). On the forum the solution gets archived and reused.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3814 on: February 27, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »

'cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded and installed the right thing...
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:30 pm »

Yes, you installed, but windows have no idea where.
Did you selected "Add CMake to the system PATH option"?
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
Check your path system variable. (see)
It should contain something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin\"

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: February 27, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »

Here is an excerpt from the build documentation. Why are you bothering people when you didn't even bother to read and follow the instructions? 

CMake

You can get the win32 installer version from the official site. It has the usual installer wizard. Make sure you let it add its binary folder to your binary search PATH so the tool can be later run from anywhere.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3817 on: February 27, 2016, 09:23:56 pm »

Why are you bothering me when I am trying to juggle four different prerequisite installations, some of which must be ran as an exe, others which must be copied to a different folder, and even more that I can't even find where it's going, with each of them giving me dozens of options, some of which don't really seem relevant to my efforts, and which I cannot seem to find a way to change after the installation?

Seriously, I am trying to get into this thing. Thank you, everybody who's taking a few seconds to give recommendations, and NO THANK YOU people who are just here to complain about a newbie not completely understanding these programs, and not even adding anything as the person an hour before them just explain how I went wrong.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: February 28, 2016, 12:53:20 am »

Why are you bothering me when I am trying to juggle four different prerequisite installations, some of which must be ran as an exe, others which must be copied to a different folder, and even more that I can't even find where it's going, with each of them giving me dozens of options, some of which don't really seem relevant to my efforts, and which I cannot seem to find a way to change after the installation?

Seriously, I am trying to get into this thing. Thank you, everybody who's taking a few seconds to give recommendations, and NO THANK YOU people who are just here to complain about a newbie not completely understanding these programs, and not even adding anything as the person an hour before them just explain how I went wrong.

I hear you, mate! Some seem to see this as an elitist only club and use every opportunity to strike at others. Best to ignore the haters. There are good people out there too. God knows not many. But you only need a few. :D
I am by now way computer-illiterate, but I gave up compiling dfhack myself for windows. I choose to be dependent on others to release it. So I wait ... Fun thing is I actually need it for a few things "Text will be Text", digvein, the search function and maybe this material sort thing. Sadly 0.42.05-alpha1 crashes randomly without any error logs, so I run a clean 0.42.06 (with spacefox) for now.

I wish you the best of luck!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3819 on: February 28, 2016, 08:15:47 am »

So do I simply add the root "cmake" folder, the one that contains folders like "utilities" and "help" and files like "configure", to my path? By adding a new variable? I've restarted cmd after making these changes, but it's still not working. Same error.

I'm now deleting cmake and reinstalling with the correct setting.

Thanks, Nimrod, and once I've gotten DFHack compiled, I'll be sure to post a DFFD link here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:18:29 am by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: February 28, 2016, 08:17:26 am »

No, find the folder that contains cmake.exe (it's probably within that folder).

Regarding crashes, a number of them have been linked to TwbT in v0.42, so try disabling that temporarily and see if it helps.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3821 on: February 28, 2016, 08:31:32 am »

Hmm. I've reinstalled with the setting to add CMake to my path. I've manually set the path to include CMake. I've restarted. None of these things have fixed it, but there's now this message: "CMake Error: The source directory C:\Users does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt."
Sigtext!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:34 am »

Are you following the instructions in Compile.rst, specifically https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/docs/Compile.rst#build-1 ? I haven't compiled DFHack on Windows myself, but it looks to me like cmake is being run in the wrong folder. How are you running it?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3823 on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:00 am »

I'm running the generate-all batch file.
Sigtext!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: February 28, 2016, 09:25:26 am »

where is the batch file located? did you move it anywhere?

The path should resemble this, more or less:

at least the .../dfhack/build/generate-something.bat part, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:28:13 am by Japa »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 360