Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087149 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4110 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:17 pm »

df.global.world.history.figures[1]

if you want to get to the list in gm editor:

gui/gm-editor df.global.world.history.figures

not sure what the period you keep putting at the end is for

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: April 15, 2016, 08:24:50 pm »

df.global.world.history.figures[1]

Ahh, the number at the end defines the entity but still no luck with pinpointing the deity. Nor getting dance forms to my character forcibly.

Problem with historical figures is that none of them are deities. Let me elaborate: in legends.xml Kupek Outragebored appears as entity id 1161 but typing df.global.world.history.figures[1161] brings up a human: Thrut.

EDIT: Nevermind df.global.world.history.figures[1162] and I got kupek. Whew. Lucky that there is no mortal with that name (I checked). The 'legends_plus.xml' has no deities in it. Also, good grief 5+ hours on this madness of mine alone (including ways to get dance forms), FML. *drops flat on his back*

EDIT2:

histfig_links I think and it should have entries for worships_deityst

It's empty.. nothing to select at all.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:08:38 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: April 15, 2016, 10:22:39 pm »

There's not a histfig_hf_link_deityst entry?

Ok, can you pray to anyone when starting a conversation? That's actually the shortcut to becoming a god I used, flip the deity flag under your df.global.history.figures entry then talk to someone and you can get them to worship you, editing your conversation targets via df.global.ui_adv_mode.conversation.targets to make the histfig_id your own lets you address yourself as a deity.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: April 15, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »

Ok, can you pray to anyone when starting a conversation? That's actually the shortcut to becoming a god I used, flip the deity flag under your df.global.history.figures entry then talk to someone and you can get them to worship you, editing your conversation targets via df.global.ui_adv_mode.conversation.targets to make the histfig_id your own lets you address yourself as a deity.

Uhh, I can't find the deity flag to tag in my adventurer's menu and haven't even found histfig_hf_link_deityst anywhere.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: April 15, 2016, 11:05:41 pm »

Does anyone know how to get the dimensions of the on-screen map, or the corrdinates of the middle tile?  df.global.window_x, df.global.window_y and df.global.window_z seem to indicate the top-left corner, and although things like the window width can be found, I don't know how to determine if the map is normal width or extended by hiding menus and/or the mini-map.

I'm trying to come up with a safe failover for the cursor position, defaulting to the middle of the map view.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: April 15, 2016, 11:08:28 pm »

df.global.gps.screenx df.global.gps.screeny

middle tile is average of df.global.window_(var) and df.global.gps.screen(var)

see this script i wrote for positional sound in soundsense

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:05 pm »

Thanks, I'll check out that script when I get a chance.

I'm getting zero for df.global.gps.screeny, but since df.global.gps.dimy seems to be the window height in tiles, I might be able to use that instead.  The real problem is that none of these values seem to update when I tab the map into a wider setting.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: April 15, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »

I feel you Dirst, I was trying to figure out if I could pull the currently highlighted location on the adventurer quest log map and use that to get the relevant army posx/posy to teleport around by ponting at spots on the map. Not as easy as I hoped it would be since the "aim myself at the cursor" trick worked so well with launch. Apparently you can't solve every problem by hurling dorfs at it at high velocities.

Uhh, I can't find the deity flag to tag in my adventurer's menu and haven't even found histfig_hf_link_deityst anywhere.
No no, in your df.global.world.history.figures[your adventurer] there is a flags entry which has deity under it, and if you worshipped a deity you would find it under the histfig_links as a histfig_hf_link_deityst entry... unless maybe it's a force or something, I never checked.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: April 15, 2016, 11:44:13 pm »

No no, in your df.global.world.history.figures[your adventurer] there is a flags entry which has deity under it, and if you worshipped a deity you would find it under the histfig_links as a histfig_hf_link_deityst entry... unless maybe it's a force or something, I never checked.

Oih, of course. Yeah that did the trick and indeed when being a deity inquiring about troubles you can't ask about the specifics. A big silver lining here is that I made the object of worship's race into that of an ischrotaur and changed its name and gender to male and turns out I can indeed remove the object of worship which is awesome. I checked it in legends by retiring and no more worshipped entity. Progress! And.. thank you! :)

Anyway, while I was messing with the gm-editor and took a look at my crafted modded-in 'drolth' sword. The age old thing for me now: how do I give a custom name to an item?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: April 16, 2016, 07:25:06 am »

Thanks, I'll check out that script when I get a chance.

I'm getting zero for df.global.gps.screeny, but since df.global.gps.dimy seems to be the window height in tiles, I might be able to use that instead.  The real problem is that none of these values seem to update when I tab the map into a wider setting.

dimx and dimy are the window size. Unless you resize the window (not the map with [tab]), they won't change. screenx and screeny appear to be used internally for rendering.

If you want the map dimensions, you can use the "getPanelLayout" function in the gui.dwarfmode module:
Code: [Select]
printall(require('gui.dwarfmode').getPanelLayout())

or

dwarfmode = require('gui.dwarfmode')
printall(dwarfmode.getPanelLayout())

or

dm = require('gui.dwarfmode')
printall(dm.getPanelLayout())

etc.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: April 16, 2016, 11:14:26 am »

Noticed a problem with the gui/create-item plugin: it doesn't correctly set the subtype for plant growths.  If you try to create an apple, for instance (plant growth -> plants -> apple tree -> fruit) it'll leave the subtype as -1, which results in a glitched item with no name or properties.  The correct subtype for fruits should be 2.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4121 on: April 16, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »

Hey, I have the latest version of DF and the map I am playing on is just chock-full of stains I would like to clean up, but I can't seem to make DFhack work as it says it doesnt recognize the version of the DF. I'm a newb when it comes to DFHack so any help with that would be appreciated!
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: April 16, 2016, 12:45:14 pm »

Hey, I have the latest version of DF-

Uh, sorry to be that guy but basically this:

Latest version (v.0.42.06, latest dfhack version) and all that.
It's probably not relevant in this case, but please, please, specify the exact DFHack version you're using. It's displayed in the upper-left corner of the title screen and logged to the DFHack console when the game starts. I know you think you're using the latest DFHack version (which is currently 0.42.06-beta1, released 3 days ago), but people sometimes don't notice releases, especially pre-releases, so it's impossible for us to know for sure if that's what you're using.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4123 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

I mean I have the latest version of Dwarf Fortress, not DFHack. I can't get DFHack to work with it. I tried the same version as in the thread name, 0.40.24-r5.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:16:06 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »

You can't use dfhack 40.24 on Dwarf Fortress 42.06.

There is a newer version, the pre-release, whose source code you can get off lethosor's repository, OR use one of the prebuilt binaries that a few posters have supplied. If you're on 64-bit Linux I can send you mine, for instance.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 360