Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087318 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4800 on: October 06, 2016, 02:30:16 am »

I don't think gui/workshop-job can be used automated without workflow.

The job gets removed once completed, and the work orders system doesn't work by suspending a repeating job like workflow does.

The job details system supported by work orders only filters by output. It doesn't allow control of inputs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:40:28 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

OnyxIdol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: October 06, 2016, 11:15:38 am »

PTW.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: October 06, 2016, 01:43:50 pm »

I don't think gui/workshop-job can be used without workflow.
It definitely can.

The other two points were why I was against removing workflow entirely. I'm not familiar enough with it to know exactly how it compares to vanilla features, but I was worried that it would break in 0.43 due to changes in DF. If it definitely still works in 0.43, I'd be fine with adding the keybindings back, but I haven't heard much from anyone who's tried to use it (which could be good, I guess, or it could be due to people not using it at all).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: October 06, 2016, 03:48:29 pm »

People are definitely still using workflow. I haven't seen any complaints about its functionality; I've only seen people wondering how to turn it back on.

Is anyone familiar with stockflow? I haven't heard anyone bring it up since it was disabled by default in May. But maybe all the users who were missing the main workflow plugin workflow were able to figure out on their own that they needed to also re-enable the addon stockflow plugin.

Will users accustomed to workflow also want to have stockflow re-enabled too?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: October 06, 2016, 06:39:22 pm »

I don't think gui/workshop-job can be used without workflow.
It definitely can.
I mean you can't automate it using work orders. It works for a single job or a repeat (until failure) job.

I think the manager/job details is going to need to be hacked to issue these custom jobs to workshops.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:44:05 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: October 09, 2016, 10:41:06 am »

Technical comment:
I would say there's a good chance the df.world.xml file field worldgen.worldgen_parms "<int32_t comment='v0.40.01'/>" corresponds to the world_gen.txt file entry "[GENERATE_DIVINE_MATERIALS:1]".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: October 09, 2016, 11:21:15 am »

That would be a good thing to post on the df-structures issue tracker so it doesn't get forgotten.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:42 am »

Thanks lethosor.
My next question is then: where do I find this tracker?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: October 09, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 09, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »

I opened a ticket: https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues/163 (I was in a hurry earlier, otherwise I would've done that before).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 09, 2016, 03:41:53 pm »

Thanks both of you.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 09, 2016, 08:09:18 pm »

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4812 on: October 11, 2016, 05:43:17 am »

I have issue with using third party LUA library. Basically, I want to be able to send data to serial port from withing DFhack scripts.

Console says this:

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# ambidwarf
error loading module 'luars232' from file 'C:\dfhack\luars232.dll':
        Uvedenř modul nebyl nalezen.

stack traceback:
        [C]: in ?
        [C]: in function 'require'
        C:\dfhack/hack/scripts/ambidwarf.lua:1: in function 'f'
        C:\dfhack\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function <C:\dfhack\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:503>
        (...tail calls...)

Only setup I have made is copying luars232.dll file to C:\dfhack directory (it comes from project here: https://github.com/ynezz/librs232/downloads )

Script is so far just renamed example for library from here: https://github.com/ynezz/librs232/blob/master/doc/example.lua

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but i have too litle experience with lua to know what :-)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 11, 2016, 05:51:28 am »

I have issue with using third party LUA library. Basically, I want to be able to send data to serial port from withing DFhack scripts.

Console says this:

[DFHack]# ambidwarf

stack traceback:
        C:\dfhack\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function <C:\dfhack\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:503>
        (...tail calls...)

Only setup I have made is copying luars232.dll file to C:\dfhack directory (it comes from project here: https://github.com/ynezz/librs232/downloads )

Script is so far just renamed example for library from here: https://github.com/ynezz/librs232/blob/master/doc/example.lua

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but i have too litle experience with lua to know what :-)
In cases like these it really helps if you translate the error message into english. However my guess is that it says "Could not load the module"

As for the problem itself - my guess is that dfhack does not export/include the required lua lib(s)? or they are of incorrect version. Rebuilding the lib with same lua might help.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4814 on: October 11, 2016, 06:52:26 am »

Console says this:

[DFHack]# ambidwarf

stack traceback:
        (...tail calls...)

In cases like these it really helps if you translate the error message into english. However my guess is that it says "Could not load the module"

As for the problem itself - my guess is that dfhack does not export/include the required lua lib(s)? or they are of incorrect version. Rebuilding the lib with same lua might help.

It says "Given module was not found".

Anyway, I should basically learn to rebuild this library + dfhack using same version of lua? Hmm, Lets me see about ruby scripts and ruby rs232 library.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 360