Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087184 times)

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4830 on: October 14, 2016, 11:21:57 am »

@Codician: Are you sure it's DFHack and Windows 10, rather than attempting to use DFHack with an as yet unsupported version of DF (such as 0.43.04 or 0.43.05)? The LNP (which includes DFHack) works fine for the latest supported version of DF (0.43.03) for me, and I haven't seen the wave on complaints from others expected from such a problem.
Apart from that, "seems to have a problem with" is a rather unhelpful problem description. It would help in the determination of what's wrong if you stated in which way it fails. Error messages in particular can contain useful info.

The error message I was getting is about as useful: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

This was trying LazyNewbPack. I'm gonna have a go at reinstalling .NET and see if that helps.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

OK, so you're using the LNP (and I assume it's the r07 version for 0.43.03), that's useful info, since the LNP usually works. I'd try to re-download the LNP and reinstall it. Note that you shouldn't reinstall the LNP over the top of a previous installation, but rather create a new folder or you may end up with old things screwing things up. Since the LNP contains DF there's no need to install that one separately or on top of LNP (and doing that can break things since you'd overwrite configurations tweaked by LNP).
While the error message doesn't tell either me or you much, others may get something out of it, and it definitely tells anyone DF didn't e.g. just fail to try to start.

If it still fails after re-installation, I'd first try to use the UI to disable DFHack to see if DF starts without it, and if doesn't, I'd try to start it manually (go down into the "Dwarf Fortress 0.32.03" subfolder and double click on "Dwarf Fortress.exe"). If that works, I'd shut down DF, go back to the UI and re-enable DFHack, but not start DF from there, but rather start DF from the subfolder again. Enabling DFHack replaces a .dll that is going to be used by the "raw" DF as well.
Basically, you want to figure out whether the issue is with DF, DFHack, or the LNP (for each of them it's likely to be in conjunction with your particular computer and/or configuration).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: October 14, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

I'm not sure why a recent PyLNP-based pack would require .NET, except maybe for external utilities that shouldn't be relevant to the issue you're having.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: October 14, 2016, 02:04:04 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12504

Here's a pre-alpha for DFHack windows 43.05 x64. I mainly built it so people can use Armok Vision, but other things might also work.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: October 14, 2016, 02:22:42 pm »

DFHack seems to be having a problem with Windows 10.

Have you tried opening up the Dwarf Fortress folder and double-clicking "dfhack-run.exe" "Dwarf Fortress.exe?" (I think that's the DFHack launch script, anyway.)
The Lazy Newb Pack was having issues with launching DFHack earlier, so maybe if you try to launch it manually it will work.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:01:09 pm by jecowa »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: October 14, 2016, 02:24:45 pm »

Dfhack doesn't have a launch script on Windows.

Dfhack - run does something else completely.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: October 14, 2016, 02:28:52 pm »

How do you launch DFHack without the Lazy Newb Pack on Windows?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: October 14, 2016, 02:46:34 pm »

Start DF normally.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: October 14, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »

DFHack works by replacing the game's SDL.dll with its own version; the game reads SDL.dll on startup, so it runs when the game starts.

dfhack-run is a command-line program that allows the running of DFHack commands... through the command-line.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:34 pm »

DFHack works by replacing the game's SDL.dll with its own version
on Windows only. I suspect the confusion here was partly due to the fact that it doesn't do this on OS X and Linux, but uses a separate launcher script instead.

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: October 15, 2016, 08:18:43 am »

Thank you so much, Japa! It's working great so far, and it has everything I wanted! I am very satisfied. ^.^

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: October 15, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »

Here's a pre-alpha for DFHack windows 43.05 x64. I mainly built it so people can use Armok Vision, but other things might also work.

How did you manage this? The old batch file setup in \dfhack\build seems to be all sorts of busted.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4842 on: October 15, 2016, 04:09:16 pm »

How did you manage this? The old batch file setup in \dfhack\build seems to be all sorts of busted.
You're looking at the wrong branch - "master" is only for the last official release (which was quite a while ago), while "develop" has up-to-date stuff for 0.43.05.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: October 15, 2016, 05:58:06 pm »

I'm using develop branch and having issues building for x64.

I did:
Code: [Select]
.\build\win64\generate-MSVC-gui.bat
Configure->Use default native compilers
Open dfhack.sln in VS2015
Build->Configuration manager
New x64 from win32 settings
Switch to Release configuration
Right-click INSTALL -> Build

I get a bunch of:
fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
Edit: Using Windows 7 64-bit. I might be way behind on Windows Updates since I reformatted the machine. Going to try updating.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:47:39 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4844 on: October 15, 2016, 06:38:00 pm »

I did:
Build->Configuration manager
New x64 from win32 settings
You did something wrong, then - there should only be an "x64" build configuration. Perhaps your version of CMake is out of date? I've got 3.6.1 and it works fine.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 360